Dipping baby toe over on this board... (m/c ment.)

Dipping baby toe over on this board... (m/c ment.)

March 31st, 2011, 4:00 pm #1

Hi all,

I've been a board member for many years, having discovered the High FSH board in 2007. I'm a 2009 grad of this board, delivering my high fsh baby in July of 09.

We recently started TTC again in Oct. after weaning DS from BFing. My cycles were screwy, which can be expected, I guess, after not having them for two years. Then, after two cycles, AF went awol again, and I started to panic that I was heading into menopause. I was hoping to conceive naturally this time, but it didn't look like that was going to happen, so I went back to my wonderful RE (who I found via the Over 40 board).

My cycles then returned, so my RE wanted to monitor me to see what was going on. My CD3 results were as follows:

FSH: 10.2
E2: 46
p4: .5
AFC: 5

I was pretty pleased with the FSH because my highest has been 27. The AFC was kind of low for me. Three years ago it was more in the 7-10 range. I know, not a huge difference but I was reading something bad into it.

Anyway, since this was just a cycle to monitor what was going on with me, I went in again on cd10 and I had a 17 mm and 11 mm. E2 was at 138. I chart, and noted that I ovulated on cd15, and on cd17 I started prometrium (100 mg 3x/day), which I had asked my RE to prescribe. (My LP has always been too short.) I was also taking a low-dose aspirin a day, which RE had told me to do last time due to a slight clotting disorder.

Went back again on cd21 for a p4 check to see if I O'd. P4 came back at 40.

After that, the RE had me come in for a consult to discuss next steps. We discussed all my b/w results, and he said "Well, you're still O'ing which is a good thing." But, he discussed my AMH score, which had come back at .37. That part depressed me because three years ago, it was .47. Still not great, but an obvious decline. RE told me "your ovaries are slowing down, so we need to do something now if you want to." He wanted to do what we did last time, which was a low-stim IUI. This, of course, would only be covered by insurance if I passed the dreaded clomid challenge test. (Not a chance in hell I'd pass that, since I failed miserably when I was 36 five years ago.)

He also wanted me to do an hsg, which I was going to schedule on cd1 of AF.

On a whim, at 11dpo I took an OPK as an HPT since that's all I had in the house. Not sure why. I was crampy and had AF headache. But it came back glaringly ++. I froze because the only other time that had happened was when I was PG. Ran out and bought an HPT. +++ immediately.

Anyway, I'm scared because I've had early losses before. I also had some spotting, but, that's stopped for now. (Knock wood.) But got two betas back so far:

#1: 348
#2: 987

Don't go back again until next Weds. for #3.

So, as I said, just dipping my baby toe in over here. I hope and pray I can stick around and get to know all you ladies better.

Huge hugs,
Meg

Me: 40
DH: 41, SA great
DS born 2003 on Clomid cycle
TTC#2 2.5 years
10/06: BFP, m/c at 7 weeks
7/07: dx high FSH (11.2)
10/07: Changed REs; Day 3 AFC of 6.
2/08: New RE, even crappier FSH of 20.5.
3/08: Another new RE, much more positive; will do a couple IUIs then possibly IVF.
3/08: BFP chemical on natural cycle; FSH 26.2; AFC 10
5/08: Hysteroscopy revealed large polyp on top of uterus, which RE removed.
6/08: FSH 3.8 (after two months of acu and herbs)! AFC of 8. Starting very low dose IUI: BFN.
8/08 FSH 27!! Started estrace after this to lower it.
9/08: FSH 6.9 (high e2 tho); low-stim IUI produced three follies. BFN.
11/08: FSH 8.6. Low-stim IUI. AFC of 8, two in the running at time of IUI. BFP! EDD: 7/28/09
7/27/09: Zachary Edward born! 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 in.
2/11: FSH 10.2. AFC of 5. Natural BFP! Hoping and praying for the best.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 31st, 2011, 4:14 pm #2

another strong set of betas!!! All the best!!

March 31st, 2011, 5:29 pm #3

Yeah, I looked at your numbers yesterday and they were really strong! My betas with by DS#2 were similar, so hoping for a similar outcome

Hugs and thanks for the welcome.

Meg

erin
erin

March 31st, 2011, 6:54 pm #4

Hi all,

I've been a board member for many years, having discovered the High FSH board in 2007. I'm a 2009 grad of this board, delivering my high fsh baby in July of 09.

We recently started TTC again in Oct. after weaning DS from BFing. My cycles were screwy, which can be expected, I guess, after not having them for two years. Then, after two cycles, AF went awol again, and I started to panic that I was heading into menopause. I was hoping to conceive naturally this time, but it didn't look like that was going to happen, so I went back to my wonderful RE (who I found via the Over 40 board).

My cycles then returned, so my RE wanted to monitor me to see what was going on. My CD3 results were as follows:

I was pretty pleased with the FSH because my highest has been 27. The AFC was kind of low for me. Three years ago it was more in the 7-10 range. I know, not a huge difference but I was reading something bad into it.

Anyway, since this was just a cycle to monitor what was going on with me, I went in again on cd10 and I had a 17 mm and 11 mm. E2 was at 138. I chart, and noted that I ovulated on cd15, and on cd17 I started prometrium (100 mg 3x/day), which I had asked my RE to prescribe. (My LP has always been too short.) I was also taking a low-dose aspirin a day, which RE had told me to do last time due to a slight clotting disorder.

After that, the RE had me come in for a consult to discuss next steps. We discussed all my b/w results, and he said "Well, you're still O'ing which is a good thing." But, he discussed my AMH score, which had come back at .37. That part depressed me because three years ago, it was .47. Still not great, but an obvious decline. RE told me "your ovaries are slowing down, so we need to do something now if you want to." He wanted to do what we did last time, which was a low-stim IUI. This, of course, would only be covered by insurance if I passed the dreaded clomid challenge test. (Not a chance in hell I'd pass that, since I failed miserably when I was 36 five years ago.)

On a whim, at 11dpo I took an OPK as an HPT since that's all I had in the house. Not sure why. I was crampy and had AF headache. But it came back glaringly ++. I froze because the only other time that had happened was when I was PG. Ran out and bought an HPT. +++ immediately.

Anyway, I'm scared because I've had early losses before. I also had some spotting, but, that's stopped for now. (Knock wood.) But got two betas back so far:

So, as I said, just dipping my baby toe in over here. I hope and pray I can stick around and get to know all you ladies better.

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
3/08: Another new RE, much more positive; will do a couple IUIs then possibly IVF.
6/08: FSH 3.8 (after two months of acu and herbs)! AFC of 8. Starting very low dose IUI: BFN.
11/08: FSH 8.6. Low-stim IUI. AFC of 8, two in the running at time of IUI. BFP! EDD: 7/28/09
No way!!! Congrats!!!!

March 31st, 2011, 7:29 pm #5

You and my husband said the same thing!!! Seriously, he was in shock but is slllloooooollly coming around. I guess he believed all those docs who said it couldn't happen!

So, yeah, it's so early and I'm struggling with the part of me that's over the moon and the other part that's scared to death and asking "ARE YOU CRAZY???" I guess I'd forgotten (well, not quite forgotten but allowed the feelings to dull) how scary PG can be and how crazy it makes me. I know you can relate

How are you and the girls? I think of you often and hope all is OK.

Hugs,
Meg

March 31st, 2011, 10:51 pm #6

Hi all,

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
I was wondering when you'd come out of the closet!!!

So super happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for your updates!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO,
L

March 31st, 2011, 10:52 pm #7

Hi all,

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
loved reading this and I got teary

congrats and how wonderful!!!

keep us posted and will keep my fingers crossed for you

hugs
jm

March 31st, 2011, 10:53 pm #8

Hi all,

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
LOL! I responded to you on the other board but great news always bears repeating...congratulations!

I can definitely relate to the whirlwind of conflicting emotions. We were TTC for going on 6 years before this, you'd think we'd be prepared huh? Never!

lucy999
lucy999

March 31st, 2011, 11:00 pm #9

Hi all,

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
congrats and I am so happy you shared with us.

Bethpky
Bethpky

March 31st, 2011, 11:53 pm #10

Hi all,

Huge hugs,
Meg

TTC#2 2.5 years
I love hearing success stories! Good luck as the pregnancy progresses.