Dipping a toe onto the pink board...

Dipping a toe onto the pink board...

Erin
Erin

May 14th, 2012, 5:42 pm #1

Hi Guys- I've been lurking here for a while to keep up the hope, but have been on the white board since early last Fall. I just got my first ever BFP (!) on my 4th IVF and will likely have some questions so I wanted to introduce myself. I've had two betas so far (first on Friday hcg was 113.5, E2 255, Prog 62; today- 3 days later- hcg=358, E2 225, Prog 42- nurse said this was fine, but I'm a little concerned). I feel like I'm "fake pregnant" b/c I have virtually no symptoms- just cramping, occas. a little tired, some leg achiness (which apparently my mom had as well) and mildly intermittently sore boobs. Other than that I'm fine. Is that normal? I've never done this before! I'm also worried about whether C.ornell will follow my E2 and Prog closely enough (I'm on 1cc PIO + endometrin 100mg 2x/day, and 1 E2 patch/week but I'm wondering how long they'll let me continue and I'm just about out of patches...). Thanks in advance and hope all of you are well!

Teresa
Teresa

May 14th, 2012, 7:19 pm #2

I had a feeling!
Wanted SO bad to email you, but didn't want to "pry" figured you would come out when you were ready!!
I'm thrilled for you! You must be on cloud nine!
Wishing you smooth sailing for the next 9 months!
Love, T
xoxxo

mel
mel

May 14th, 2012, 8:41 pm #3

Hi Guys- I've been lurking here for a while to keep up the hope, but have been on the white board since early last Fall. I just got my first ever BFP (!) on my 4th IVF and will likely have some questions so I wanted to introduce myself. I've had two betas so far (first on Friday hcg was 113.5, E2 255, Prog 62; today- 3 days later- hcg=358, E2 225, Prog 42- nurse said this was fine, but I'm a little concerned). I feel like I'm "fake pregnant" b/c I have virtually no symptoms- just cramping, occas. a little tired, some leg achiness (which apparently my mom had as well) and mildly intermittently sore boobs. Other than that I'm fine. Is that normal? I've never done this before! I'm also worried about whether C.ornell will follow my E2 and Prog closely enough (I'm on 1cc PIO + endometrin 100mg 2x/day, and 1 E2 patch/week but I'm wondering how long they'll let me continue and I'm just about out of patches...). Thanks in advance and hope all of you are well!
How exciting! Congrats!

Your numbers look great. It is totally normal to not have symptoms at this point. It is very early still, so symptoms may be a couple of weeks away, if they come at all. It really differs for everyone...when they start, how good/bad they are, so it is difficult to compare.

These early weeks can be so brutal...wondering about symptoms, waiting for u/s, etc. But for now, try to relish in the fact that you are pregnant!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

jkl
jkl

May 14th, 2012, 9:00 pm #4

I read your post on the other board and I just wanted to say that I have Crohn's too (although a much more mild case) and I think it lead to my fertility problems, although everyone kept telling me there was no connection. I think not so much the Crohn's but the surgery (and I only had one). I wish they had said to me, hey serious abdominal surgery might affect your fertility so maybe you should get on that!

anyway, so glad you had this success after going through all that, you are clearly very determined. Everything looks great, keep us posted!

jkl

May 14th, 2012, 11:38 pm #5

glad to have you here No advice regarding hormones but I am sure you'll get tons here

As for achiness and symptoms, I can tell you that until I could feel the kicks, I'd waiver back and forth about wether I was pg or not, it drove me nuts. I was so crampy that I was convinced the 8wk and then the 18wk u/s would show me terrible news. But it didn't and he's walking around chatting about Poke-mon cards or Lego all the time, somewhat obsessed.

Are your legs achy like restless legs at night too? Because I had that and have a help/cure. For restless legs at night, drink a diluted cup of Gatorade. I buy the powder and make it really watery and I swear it's magic. SOmetimes even now, I'll get restless legs at night (if I get over tired, which makes me wonder about kids who get hyper when over tired... maybe they just need some electrolytes) and drink some and then be able to get to sleep.

good luck and have a fun yet uneventful pg.

Juliemam

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 15th, 2012, 12:53 am #6

Tons of excitement here
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Erin
Erin

May 15th, 2012, 2:11 am #7

I read your post on the other board and I just wanted to say that I have Crohn's too (although a much more mild case) and I think it lead to my fertility problems, although everyone kept telling me there was no connection. I think not so much the Crohn's but the surgery (and I only had one). I wish they had said to me, hey serious abdominal surgery might affect your fertility so maybe you should get on that!

anyway, so glad you had this success after going through all that, you are clearly very determined. Everything looks great, keep us posted!

jkl
that you had Crohn's too. It sucks, even if it's a mild case. Don't even get me started on how I was never warned of the risk of infertility with surgery! And even when I went to OBs on my own b/c I had a feeling I might have a hard time after all those surgeries, I was told to "just have fun having sex!" Arrrgh.

In any case, glad to be here . Thanks so much for the congrats and will definitely keep you updated!

Erin
Erin

May 15th, 2012, 2:17 am #8

glad to have you here No advice regarding hormones but I am sure you'll get tons here

As for achiness and symptoms, I can tell you that until I could feel the kicks, I'd waiver back and forth about wether I was pg or not, it drove me nuts. I was so crampy that I was convinced the 8wk and then the 18wk u/s would show me terrible news. But it didn't and he's walking around chatting about Poke-mon cards or Lego all the time, somewhat obsessed.

Are your legs achy like restless legs at night too? Because I had that and have a help/cure. For restless legs at night, drink a diluted cup of Gatorade. I buy the powder and make it really watery and I swear it's magic. SOmetimes even now, I'll get restless legs at night (if I get over tired, which makes me wonder about kids who get hyper when over tired... maybe they just need some electrolytes) and drink some and then be able to get to sleep.

good luck and have a fun yet uneventful pg.

Juliemam

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been sucking down Gatorade and Recharge ("natural" Gatorade) like nobody's business already . I will have to try the powder- sounds oddly yummy... It's encouraging to hear you had the cramping too. At first I was psyched b/c I felt like I was feeling implantation. Then it stopped briefly and I got nervous. Then it started again and I got nervous that it was a bad sign... Yup, going a tad nuts. And then sometimes my boobs are tender, sometimes not (yet I keep poking them). Really hoping I am fortunate enough to get to a safer place where I can feel more secure (if such a place even exists!). Thanks again for your response- it was really helpful!

Erin
Erin

May 15th, 2012, 2:20 am #9

How exciting! Congrats!

Your numbers look great. It is totally normal to not have symptoms at this point. It is very early still, so symptoms may be a couple of weeks away, if they come at all. It really differs for everyone...when they start, how good/bad they are, so it is difficult to compare.

These early weeks can be so brutal...wondering about symptoms, waiting for u/s, etc. But for now, try to relish in the fact that you are pregnant!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
I keep trying to remind myself that it's early, but I kinda wish you grew a horn on your forehead or something when you got pg, just so you could look in the mirror and go "okay, there it is!" rather than this guessing game. But I am really trying to relish the fact that I am pg today. Thanks so much for your response. Hope you're well!

Erin
Erin

May 15th, 2012, 2:22 am #10

I had a feeling!
Wanted SO bad to email you, but didn't want to "pry" figured you would come out when you were ready!!
I'm thrilled for you! You must be on cloud nine!
Wishing you smooth sailing for the next 9 months!
Love, T
xoxxo
To be honest, I've been reading over your posts about not having symptoms and it's made me feel better. I am thrilled for you too! I hope we can BOTH have smooth sailing for the next 8-9mos!