DHEA help please.

DHEA help please.

nadia80
nadia80

October 9th, 2011, 5:28 pm #1

I am a POFer..diagnosed at age 24.

I recentky started DHEA because my level was like a 3!! I am taking an OTC called Earth's creations DHEA 25mg twice a day along with my HRT and Vitamin D.

Can anyone advise on on the whole DHEA thing..I am currently working abroad and there is no Prescription DHEA , the one got is from a reputable IVF clinic here and is only sold in two hospital pharmacies.

I think this is my last call..I never thought in my years as a POFer to check my DHEA till last Feb I was advised to do so from teh New High fsh forum.

Any insight or nice stories can help.

xoxo
Nadia

ME 31

current protocol Vitamin D supplements and DHEA ,HRT.
and ofcourse the New high fsh forum for emotional relief (since 2004)

POF since 2004 no AF:(
on and off HRT for 6 years
highest fsh 93
lowest..um..never..maybe 45.
No thyroid problem
No Autoimmune problems
No Genetic thingy problems.
Just sleepy ovaries

October 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm #2

I also work outside the U.S. I had a phone consult with CHR in New York and not surprisingly they recommended DHEA. they have a compounding pharmacy but not for people O/S, so they also recommended DHEA.com. I ordered online and it was shipped pretty quickly. CHR indicated that they thought it was good quality....

Good luck

Al

Alli
Alli

October 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm #3

I recentky started DHEA because my level was like a 3!! I am taking an OTC called Earth's creations DHEA 25mg twice a day along with my HRT and Vitamin D.

Can anyone advise on on the whole DHEA thing..I am currently working abroad and there is no Prescription DHEA , the one got is from a reputable IVF clinic here and is only sold in two hospital pharmacies.

I think this is my last call..I never thought in my years as a POFer to check my DHEA till last Feb I was advised to do so from teh New High fsh forum.

xoxo
Nadia

ME 31

highest fsh 93
No thyroid problem
No Autoimmune problems
Just sleepy ovaries

http://www.ivfauthority.com/2011/10/dhe ... ul-in.html

nadia80
nadia80

October 10th, 2011, 3:56 pm #4

Low e2
low LH
high fSH...

How often should I test my DHEAs? I have been on ot for only a few days. What else should I test while on it?ould it impact other levels?

Thanks

Nadia

Alli
Alli

October 10th, 2011, 5:57 pm #5

I know that SIRM docs dont support DHEA. You'll have to ask your own RE. Maybe some girls can chime in on what Check thinks.

Maru
Maru

October 10th, 2011, 6:44 pm #6

xoxo
Nadia

ME 31

highest fsh 93
No thyroid problem
No Autoimmune problems
Just sleepy ovaries

Took it for 4 months last year, my doctor recommended it and I didn't get any side effects but it didn't seem to help at the time either.

I'm pregnant now, 28 weeks, but I had long stopped the DHEA when I got pregnant.

AJ
AJ

October 10th, 2011, 8:34 pm #7

xoxo
Nadia

ME 31

highest fsh 93
No thyroid problem
No Autoimmune problems
Just sleepy ovaries

When TTC #1 I took it- 150mg/day with no side effects. This is what my RE prescribed based on my blood level. I don't know if it contributed to my success or if it was just luck.

I started taking it again TTC #2, 75mg/day and had horrible side effects, even though my blood levels were ok. I had hair loss and bad breakouts on my shoulders, chest and back. I was with a different RE at this time who told me to cut back and see if side effects went away. I did and they did. I then had my initial consult with Dr. Check and he told me to stop taking it because of the negative effect on egg quality.

To me it seems like traditional RE's love DHEA.

From what I've read from these boards, high FSH'ers are pretty split on their opinions of it. If you do end up taking it, my advice would be to start with a low dose and gradually work your way up. And obviously stop taking it if you have any side effects.

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 11th, 2011, 1:46 am #8

Low e2
low LH
high fSH...

How often should I test my DHEAs? I have been on ot for only a few days. What else should I test while on it?ould it impact other levels?

Thanks

Nadia
IMHO, you should stick with trying the DHEA. 3 is not ok, and you are POF. You've got to try it. IMHO. But, keep getting it tested to see if your levels come into normal range, and then decrease.

nadia80
nadia80

October 11th, 2011, 12:16 pm #9

xoxo
Nadia

ME 31

highest fsh 93
No thyroid problem
No Autoimmune problems
Just sleepy ovaries

start with 25mg per day for a month then check my levels again.

Thanks All!!!!

Nadia