Could movement feel like a tickle?

Could movement feel like a tickle?

JulesM
JulesM

August 4th, 2011, 10:08 pm #1

I have been having off and on tickling on my left lower belly for about a week now and today had about 2 episodes on my right. Definitely doesn't feel like the "bubbles" people describe, I guess could be described as a "flutter" feeling. But this definitely tickles to the point I usually feel the need to itch it. I am hoping it's my first movements, but would like to know if it isn't too. Anyone else having this tickle/itchy thing?

August 4th, 2011, 11:04 pm #2

You know I am behind you....so I am not talking from experience. But- I thought I had read it described as flutters...like butterflies, at least initially. Then of course like a boxer!
I hope it is...butterflies sound much more gentle and lovely!

Jamie
Jamie

August 4th, 2011, 11:42 pm #3

I have been having off and on tickling on my left lower belly for about a week now and today had about 2 episodes on my right. Definitely doesn't feel like the "bubbles" people describe, I guess could be described as a "flutter" feeling. But this definitely tickles to the point I usually feel the need to itch it. I am hoping it's my first movements, but would like to know if it isn't too. Anyone else having this tickle/itchy thing?
My mother described her first movements with me a "flutters"; I felt them more like fizzy bubbles.

Maru
Maru

August 5th, 2011, 12:15 am #4

The funny thing is at first it feels weird and then you don't know for sure if ti's the baby or not.

I used to lay in bed for an hour every night trying to feel the baby with my first.

Now I'm almost 19 weeks and I think I've felt it, but since I'm not paying attention at all I don't know for sure...

I want to get to the time when its real kicks and you know for sure, that's when its so much fun

JulesM
JulesM

August 5th, 2011, 12:56 am #5

I'm going to assume it is, mainly because I love the idea of it.

JulesM
JulesM

August 5th, 2011, 12:57 am #6

I'm going to assume it is, mainly because I love the idea of it.

Alli
Alli

August 5th, 2011, 1:49 am #7

I felt my son first on the left and was very tickly. Just wait- you'll know soon. Such an amazing thing. I could differentiate all 3 so that was REALLY funny now that I know their personalities.

August 5th, 2011, 1:54 am #8

That is how I felt them at first and be sure to fully appreciate them now because soon enough the kicks are unmistakable and those sweet little flutters are sweet sweet memories.

thanks for reminding me of this (this is why I love this bb)
jm

August 5th, 2011, 2:23 am #9

I felt my son first on the left and was very tickly. Just wait- you'll know soon. Such an amazing thing. I could differentiate all 3 so that was REALLY funny now that I know their personalities.
that is very cool

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 5th, 2011, 1:32 pm #10

or maybe the skin stretching. I know I had these weird itches on my belly surface that weren't really itches but more like sensations that felt like they needed scratching.

The flutters for me were sometimes like gasless bubbles, or maybe like the nipping goldfish sensation. But sometimes it also felt a super duper minor feeling that you get when your stomach drops after a fast elevator ride or an amusement park ride. Not full out like that but similar sensation about 100 notches lower.

How many weeks are you? Around 16 weeks? Some say that's early for a first-time mom to be able to tell the flutters but one of the gals at my pre-natal visit felt them that early; she's a pilates instructor and very fit. Supposedly the thinner you are the easier it is to feel them early.

It very well could be the flutters so enjoy!