'Big' Baby Bump for 12 weeks... normal for 2nd pg?

'Big' Baby Bump for 12 weeks... normal for 2nd pg?

Kristen
Kristen

August 2nd, 2011, 1:24 pm #1

My bump is at this point impossible to hide - I'm having to tell work this week b/c I can no longer hide under the enormous shirts I've been wearing! I'm getting lots of 'comments', including one from a mom of 5 who said 'wow' is that what 12 weeks looks like? great...

I had a slight, but continued separation of my abdominal wall after the birth of DS and now I feel like I look like I'm easily 4-5 months, when I'm barely 3. The baby was measuring a little over a week ahead, but I'm worried that I'm going to get really big. Is it 'normal' to show this much this early? Has anyone else had a separation (if so, did it get worse after your second?)

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Toni
Toni

August 2nd, 2011, 4:47 pm #2

It is VERY normal. All of the maternity clothes I wore at 25 weeks I was wearing at 12 weeks for my second one. I gained 25 lbs with #1 and 34 lbs with #2. I also had a boy the first time and a girl the second time and I definitely gained more in my hips and thighs with my girl than with my boy. Enjoy!!!!

Maru
Maru

August 2nd, 2011, 8:06 pm #3

My bump is at this point impossible to hide - I'm having to tell work this week b/c I can no longer hide under the enormous shirts I've been wearing! I'm getting lots of 'comments', including one from a mom of 5 who said 'wow' is that what 12 weeks looks like? great...

I had a slight, but continued separation of my abdominal wall after the birth of DS and now I feel like I look like I'm easily 4-5 months, when I'm barely 3. The baby was measuring a little over a week ahead, but I'm worried that I'm going to get really big. Is it 'normal' to show this much this early? Has anyone else had a separation (if so, did it get worse after your second?)

I'm 18 weeks now and I feel that I am close to 6 months, huge tummy!!!!

All my friends have told me that is normal to show a lot more and faster on the second pregnancy.

I think it's fun to show I always wnated to show on my first one and it took time!

Blythe (co-moderator)
Blythe (co-moderator)

August 3rd, 2011, 1:40 pm #4

At 8 weeks (yes 8!) I was in maternity clothes. If the pgs are close together (mine were a year apart) the bump is even bigger faster.

August 3rd, 2011, 5:16 pm #5

Well my first question is... is it all bloating?

I have had severe bloating the whole time. I have a flat stomach in the morning, but by 5pm/6pm after dinner... wow i look 6 months pregnant.

With my son, i didn't get a bump until 23 weeks. I'm 14 weeks now and i know it's coming soon.