BFing is going AWESEOME now!!! :)

BFing is going AWESEOME now!!! :)

May 2nd, 2012, 10:11 am #1

Lorelei has figured it all out and we got a great system down!!! And...my milk has already started to come in and I'm not even out of the hospital yet! The lactation lady said that she thinks I'm going to be a breast milk making machine and have a whole freezer full eventually. My boobs HURT though cuz of the milk coming n. And then Lo Lo (her nickname) attaches and it aches my uterus so bad....but I'm still recovering from c-sec so I suppose it'll get better.

I'm using a nipple sheild and that is 100% better for me. I BF her about 15 min on each side. Then Dh gives her a little formula or stored up colostrum that we've already pumped from earlier feedings and I pump while he gives her that. If she still is acting hungry, we give her some of what I just pumped. She's porking down a lot of food! But that's ok b/c right now she is so long and lean...I'm ready to fatten her up properly.

I've learned with BFing everybody has a different opinion and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to use them all. So I take and leave what I want and we do what works for us. And Lo Lo is doing great great! We get discharted tomorrow (well today I guess) and we'll see how her weight is, but I know she's getting A LOT.

BFing is hard but oh so rewarding when Lo does so good and is so happy and content afterwards. I'm lovin this whole Mommy thing!

TTC: Since Nov. 2006
Diagnosis: Ovarian Dysfunction & PCOS
26 Years Old
cd3 FSH 16.8
cd10 FSH 13.6
7 Unmonitored Cycles of Clomid
3 Unmonitored Cycles of Letrozole
Positive CCCT
TAB for cysts
1st Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed BDing - 5 mature follies - BFN
TAB for cysts
2nd Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 4 mature follies in play - BFN
3rd Cycle of 150 iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 2 follies - BFN
1st Cycle of Gonal F - 1 follie & cyst on right - BFN
TAB for a cycle
2nd Cycle of Gonal F = BFP!!!!!
11dpo Beta=27.9
14dpo Beta=120
16dpo Beta=210
18dpo Beta=429
21dpo Beta=1064
5w6d - baby measuring 3mm, h/b 101
6w6d - baby measuring 6mm, h/b 126
7w6d - baby 18mm, h/b 171, measuring ahead at 8w2d! RE noticed enlarged yolk sac so keeping a close eye on that
8w6d - baby 2.52cm with h/b of 174
9w5d - baby 3.22cm with h/b of 180 measuring 10w1d
10w6d - baby 4.34cmcm with h/b of 174 measuring 11w1d
12w u/s showed baby at 11.2cm with h/b of 162 - unfortunately, that evening I suffered a horrible m/c of a chromosomally NORMAL girl.... RIP my angel girl...you were loved....

First cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse since m/c - BFN
2nd Cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse - BFN
TAB for a month on bcp's
3rd Cycle of Gonal F - BFP
-11dpo beta=14.9
-14dpo beta=45.7
-16dpo beta=140
-18dpo beta=366
u/s at 6w1d showed heart-rate of 114!!!!
u/s at 7w1d showed heart-rate of 141!!!!
u/s at 8w showed heart-rate of 179
u/s at 9w showed 2 SCH's, h/r of 197
u/s at 10w showed h/r of 175
u/s at 11w showed h/r of 180
u/s at 12 w showed h/r of 188
12w2d...m/c'd baby at home, lost too much blood, had to have emergency D&C...severely anemic....baby was a chromosomally normal boy
-developed a blood clot in leg 1 1/2 wks post D&C...saw a hematologist and had testing done and everything came back normal, will still treat me with Lovenex on next pregnancy

Alli
Alli

May 2nd, 2012, 12:51 pm #2

The short time I tried, my uterus got all tingly and painful. A really odd feeling! Also had to use a nipple shield.

Hope the C section pain hasn't been too bad. You already experienced a surgery like it so may have known what to expect.

Laura
Laura

May 2nd, 2012, 1:38 pm #3

Lorelei has figured it all out and we got a great system down!!! And...my milk has already started to come in and I'm not even out of the hospital yet! The lactation lady said that she thinks I'm going to be a breast milk making machine and have a whole freezer full eventually. My boobs HURT though cuz of the milk coming n. And then Lo Lo (her nickname) attaches and it aches my uterus so bad....but I'm still recovering from c-sec so I suppose it'll get better.

I'm using a nipple sheild and that is 100% better for me. I BF her about 15 min on each side. Then Dh gives her a little formula or stored up colostrum that we've already pumped from earlier feedings and I pump while he gives her that. If she still is acting hungry, we give her some of what I just pumped. She's porking down a lot of food! But that's ok b/c right now she is so long and lean...I'm ready to fatten her up properly.

I've learned with BFing everybody has a different opinion and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to use them all. So I take and leave what I want and we do what works for us. And Lo Lo is doing great great! We get discharted tomorrow (well today I guess) and we'll see how her weight is, but I know she's getting A LOT.

BFing is hard but oh so rewarding when Lo does so good and is so happy and content afterwards. I'm lovin this whole Mommy thing!

Whatever works for you is right.

Cheryl
Cheryl

May 2nd, 2012, 4:46 pm #4

It should be smooth sailing now....congrats again Amy! I am soooo happy for you and your hubby

May 2nd, 2012, 5:51 pm #5

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mel
mel

May 2nd, 2012, 6:07 pm #6

How wonderful! So happy for you that all is going well with BF. Keep up the good work!

Sara H
Sara H

May 2nd, 2012, 8:03 pm #7

That the beast-feeding actually helps the uterus shrink back down and that is what you are feeling... at least that is what I was told!

So glad you got it worked out!
YIPPEE!

Sara H

Bethpky
Bethpky

May 3rd, 2012, 1:21 am #8

I remember stressing for a few days. I sure hope you'll be able to pump and stockpile a freezer full of milk. Breast milk is much better. I didn't have the organization to keep up the pumping, so we supplemented with formula. But if I had it to do over again, I'd try to do better.

Enjoy this special time, Amy! You're going to be a fabulous mother. I'd give ANYTHING to relive the first month again.