Been MIA

Been MIA

Laura
Laura

July 29th, 2012, 2:30 pm #1

I was OOT for job training for a week, staying in a college dorm with spotty internet and eating in a dining hall...oh so glamorous...

Fortunately, my nausea is gone! At 13.5 wk it was just gone! woohoo! And my DS bloodwork came back "very good" according to my OB. She didn't give me the odds, and I didn't want to ask, it would make me too crazy. This whole journey has been a lesson in trust for me so I've decided I just have to trust that she wouldn't have said that if it were bad news.

So I'm now 14 wk and feeling pretty good. I even think I'm starting to feel a few fluttery kicks. I thought it would be too early and thought it was just gas at first, but I did feel a few flutters during my NT scan when she was pressing really hard (and we could see that s/he was indeed kicking the sonographer).

Teresa
Teresa

July 29th, 2012, 3:20 pm #2

So glad to hear your nausea is gone, you lucky lady! And congrats on the blood work, you must be so relieved!! I would absolutely trust her too, no need to know #'s.

Glad to see your update and that you're doing well. That's so cool you are already feeling movement. I'm really looking forward to experiencing that for the first time!

I'm happy things are going as they should!

Have a good day!

Sara H
Sara H

July 30th, 2012, 1:31 pm #3

I was OOT for job training for a week, staying in a college dorm with spotty internet and eating in a dining hall...oh so glamorous...

Fortunately, my nausea is gone! At 13.5 wk it was just gone! woohoo! And my DS bloodwork came back "very good" according to my OB. She didn't give me the odds, and I didn't want to ask, it would make me too crazy. This whole journey has been a lesson in trust for me so I've decided I just have to trust that she wouldn't have said that if it were bad news.

So I'm now 14 wk and feeling pretty good. I even think I'm starting to feel a few fluttery kicks. I thought it would be too early and thought it was just gas at first, but I did feel a few flutters during my NT scan when she was pressing really hard (and we could see that s/he was indeed kicking the sonographer).
And a reminder of collage life and your nausea left? Hummm, if i had to go back and live in a dorm I might get sick all over again!
(Kidding, I loved University!)

So glad for all the good news!
HUGS!
Sara H

July 30th, 2012, 10:33 pm #4

Hi Laura,
Your post made me smile with the flashback to the college dorm. I love walking on a college campus and seeing all the happy go lucky souls as they mill about Glad to see you are doing well and the little one is doing fin. I also loved getting those flutter moments for the first time a couple weeks ago, made it all seem so sweetly real. Take care, continued well wishes and I look forward to reading your posts.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

July 30th, 2012, 10:45 pm #5

welcome back! that is HUGE that your nausea is gone - hooray for that. and feeling the kicks, now you're in the golden second trimester for sure

Laura
Laura

July 30th, 2012, 11:34 pm #6

It felt so weird to be away from the Internet. I hope everyone is well!

July 31st, 2012, 1:23 am #7

Such great news--congratulations! I'm hoping my nausea will soon disappear as well--14 weeks on Wednesday, so wish me luck!

Erin
Erin

August 1st, 2012, 2:32 am #8

Congrats on no more nausea and on feeling the kicks! How exciting! I've been trying to feel them, but I know it's much harder as a first-timer. Congrats also on the good DS testing! I think you were very wise leaving well enough alone with the "very good" result. I'm wishing I would have done the same- sometimes more information is not always more... Hope you continue to feel well and experience those flutters!