Bad news guys. :(

Bad news guys. :(

Laura
Laura

February 24th, 2012, 10:54 pm #1

There were two. Identical twins sharing a sac, measuring 6w5d (at 8 wk), no heartbeats. I am really really sad, but at the same time I kind of knew. The past week has really felt different. 2 weeks ago I swear I could fall asleep at any time, but the past week I haven't felt the same. The raging nausea I had during weeks 4-5 suddenly subsided. Everything I mentioned last night. It had been over 1 week since I felt that way...not just one day.

And knowing that there were two identical beans somehow makes it easier. I've already done bedrest and the NICU. Both are really really hard enough when it's your first, and I already have a 2 yo that needs me to be healthy.

So as devastated as I am, and breaking out into sobs semi-randomly, I am ok. 6 months ago, two OBs told me getting pg would be close to impossible, but it happened with very minimal involvement. I have a GREAT OB now who can actually help a bit with monitoring hormones so I don't have to go back to that ridiculous RE. (PS, should I call them and tell them that it was 1) identical twins and 2) m/c?)

All this being said, I think I'm going to take a lenten break from this board and TTC issues. Give the time back to God, myself, DH, and DS. Thanks for your support. I'll be back at Easter to see all the latest news. Sara H, and Anna, you better post some pics of the bumps you're sporting by then!

-L

Sara H
Sara H

February 24th, 2012, 11:12 pm #2

I have tears in my eyes. We will miss you very much but totally understand, please go take wonderful care of yourself and your family.

I wish I could give you a long, solid, real hug but my love and best will have to do.
So unfair.

How kind of you to even think of us right now but please please go focus on you.

Though words can't express it I am so very sorry for your loss.

Hugs and love to you,
looking forward to your return when you are ready,
Sara H

anna
anna

February 24th, 2012, 11:26 pm #3

There were two. Identical twins sharing a sac, measuring 6w5d (at 8 wk), no heartbeats. I am really really sad, but at the same time I kind of knew. The past week has really felt different. 2 weeks ago I swear I could fall asleep at any time, but the past week I haven't felt the same. The raging nausea I had during weeks 4-5 suddenly subsided. Everything I mentioned last night. It had been over 1 week since I felt that way...not just one day.

And knowing that there were two identical beans somehow makes it easier. I've already done bedrest and the NICU. Both are really really hard enough when it's your first, and I already have a 2 yo that needs me to be healthy.

So as devastated as I am, and breaking out into sobs semi-randomly, I am ok. 6 months ago, two OBs told me getting pg would be close to impossible, but it happened with very minimal involvement. I have a GREAT OB now who can actually help a bit with monitoring hormones so I don't have to go back to that ridiculous RE. (PS, should I call them and tell them that it was 1) identical twins and 2) m/c?)

All this being said, I think I'm going to take a lenten break from this board and TTC issues. Give the time back to God, myself, DH, and DS. Thanks for your support. I'll be back at Easter to see all the latest news. Sara H, and Anna, you better post some pics of the bumps you're sporting by then!

-L
Oh no Laura, I am sooo sad for you. I will miss you very much in this board. But as you OBGYN said you have a great chance in the future. Yes, do take care of yourself and your family and dont think about it too much. I know its hard. To be honest as I said last night my symptoms are vanishing too and this P4 drop, and cramps, hmmm.... I, myself am very freaked out.

But do take care of yourself, rest this weekend and take your son to a park or something. Dont stay home. wish you best of the luck and I will pray for you.

Anna

February 24th, 2012, 11:37 pm #4

-L
Please take care of yourself and enjoy time with your little one. I will be sure to send a prayer your way.

February 25th, 2012, 12:15 am #5

-L
What heartbreaking news. Please take care of yourself.

CtMB
CtMB

February 25th, 2012, 12:51 am #6

-L
Thinking of you .

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 25th, 2012, 1:26 am #7

-L
So sad to see this news. It's been a tough time of late on these boards with losses.

I think a Lenten break sounds healthy; time to re-set and heal in time for the hope that Easter and spring bring.

(as for the RE question. Save the call for when you have the sticky BFP news to share. Right now, you don't know what their reaction or comments might be and you could really be leaving yourself open to some more hurt.)

Jamie
Jamie

February 25th, 2012, 2:21 am #8

-L
My heart aches for you, but you have a wonderful and courageous attitude. You take care and we look forward to seeing you when you are ready to come back.

February 25th, 2012, 2:29 am #9

-L
I has a somewhat similar experience about a year ago, where I went in for what should have been a 7w u/s, and it was clear things weren't right. Like you, I had a feeling something was off. I'm sorry you are going through this. If it gives you any inspiration, I too was told I'd probably never get pg at all, and now I have a two year old, and I am currently pg again and things seem to be going well.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope you experience healing from this pain. Hugs.

February 25th, 2012, 2:32 am #10

-L
that you are going through this. All the best