Baby monitors (need recommendations)

Baby monitors (need recommendations)

December 15th, 2011, 5:40 pm #1

Did you use a video or just a sound monitor? If you had a sound monitor do you wish you just bought the video one? What was the name brand of your video/sound one that you or your friends would recommend?

thanks in advance!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm #2

Since he's a CCTV/surveillance expert. We got the Summer Infant Baby Touch digital video monitor. I really like it. And even though I have the video it's not like I feel compelled to stare at it.

Tanya
Tanya

December 15th, 2011, 5:59 pm #3

I read that you can turn the video part on or off. It also received excellent reviews on baby bargains.

MargieD
MargieD

December 15th, 2011, 6:18 pm #4

Did you use a video or just a sound monitor? If you had a sound monitor do you wish you just bought the video one? What was the name brand of your video/sound one that you or your friends would recommend?

thanks in advance!
Did you post asking what to do with cats in the house? And did you decide what to do?

If you ended up getting a crib tent, the video monitors would not work with them (or it might - but I never figured out how to work them together). It was more important to me to have the crib tent over the video monitor. I also finally realized that my place, although pretty good sized, didn't need a monitor.

Just something to think about if you haven't figured out the cat situation....

December 15th, 2011, 7:03 pm #5

Good memory, yes I have 2 nosey but cute cats. I haven't figured out if we were going to get the tent or not yet so thanks for posting about it not working with the monitor that is something I need to determine.

Alli
Alli

December 15th, 2011, 7:10 pm #6

thanks in advance!
I think it's $45 or something like that. Works great!

AJ
AJ

December 15th, 2011, 8:27 pm #7

thanks in advance!
I started with audio and upgraded to the video when DD was about 6 mos old. I found it very reassuring as she became more mobile to check and see if she needed me before I went in the room if I heard her cry out. I bought a Summer brand that is audio and video- the video automatically turns off after a couple minutes. A friend actually has one that is like a walkie talkie so she can talk back to her DD- too cute!

December 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm #8

thanks in advance!
I love the basic sony as well. I plugged it in her room and one downstairs but honestly rarely used it. And never moved it. I always heard her at night (still do). I accidentally vacuumed up the cord once and after electrical tape it still works! Just make sure it doesn't interfere with any other electronic waves in your home.

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

December 16th, 2011, 2:31 am #9

thanks in advance!
We bought the Uniden Wireless Video Surveillance System (UDW10003) on a recommendation from friends. Not technically a "baby monitor" (and therefore cheaper than others!) but works great and very secure, also doesnt interfere with other wireless devices. HTH!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 16th, 2011, 4:58 am #10

I read that you can turn the video part on or off. It also received excellent reviews on baby bargains.
if you have the monitor on the charger you can press the button and the video will stay on. if you have it off the charger, the video will stay on for a couple of minutes and then go dark. to bring back the display you just tap the button.

the sound will remain on continuosly regardless if you have the monitor on the charger or not.

I bought mine at Buy Buy Baby because they had a MUCH better price than Babies R Us.