Baby measuring 2 days behind....

Baby measuring 2 days behind....

September 3rd, 2012, 10:53 pm #1

I would love some options on this....this baby was conceived through Ivf. At the time of my 3rd u/s I was 7 weeks 2 days, but baby measured 7 weeks exactly. Heart rate was 138. The nurse at my clinic said all looked great and that if they were to scan me the next day that the baby could be on track or even ahead....meaning it can vary I guess. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Tia!

September 3rd, 2012, 10:56 pm #2

Hello!
My sister was measuring 3 or 4 days behind at her 6 week ultrasound and then by the time she had another scan she was right on track. : ) She is currently 28 weeks and everything looks great. I wouldn't worry at all at this point. Good luck!

September 3rd, 2012, 11:33 pm #3

I would love some options on this....this baby was conceived through Ivf. At the time of my 3rd u/s I was 7 weeks 2 days, but baby measured 7 weeks exactly. Heart rate was 138. The nurse at my clinic said all looked great and that if they were to scan me the next day that the baby could be on track or even ahead....meaning it can vary I guess. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Tia!
it depends on who is doing the u/s too, this is what I've seen and experienced.

2 days behind is fine. hang in there because, girl, you'll be worrying from here on out It's just what we do. lol

You know how they talk about babies having growth spurts? they do in utero to.

I have to telly ou that to me, the 2ww was nothing compared to the stage you are in. the worries about every single twinge, regular twinges that you'd never notice if you weren't pg. trust me. It's being on this side of pg that I have noticed that.

Hang in there and don't forget to breathe
hugs
keep us posted
jm

me:43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

b&a72
b&a72

September 4th, 2012, 5:27 pm #4

Early ultrasounds can be plus or minus 5 days, I was told this by both SIRM, and Cooper. Reason being is things are still too small to get a spot on accurate measurement. I bet if another ultrsound tech came in and did the same measurement it would be different, I was always about 4 days or so behind on my ultrsounds up until around 12 weeks and have my now 6 week old twin girls from that same cycle.

September 5th, 2012, 1:05 am #5

it depends on who is doing the u/s too, this is what I've seen and experienced.

2 days behind is fine. hang in there because, girl, you'll be worrying from here on out It's just what we do. lol

You know how they talk about babies having growth spurts? they do in utero to.

I have to telly ou that to me, the 2ww was nothing compared to the stage you are in. the worries about every single twinge, regular twinges that you'd never notice if you weren't pg. trust me. It's being on this side of pg that I have noticed that.

Hang in there and don't forget to breathe
hugs
keep us posted
jm

me:43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much! You are so right this process is brutal even when things are moving in the right direction....just so much to worry about! I go back for another u/s on Monday and hopefully I'm done with the RE forever!

September 5th, 2012, 1:06 am #6

Hello!
My sister was measuring 3 or 4 days behind at her 6 week ultrasound and then by the time she had another scan she was right on track. : ) She is currently 28 weeks and everything looks great. I wouldn't worry at all at this point. Good luck!
Thank you so much!

September 5th, 2012, 1:07 am #7

Early ultrasounds can be plus or minus 5 days, I was told this by both SIRM, and Cooper. Reason being is things are still too small to get a spot on accurate measurement. I bet if another ultrsound tech came in and did the same measurement it would be different, I was always about 4 days or so behind on my ultrsounds up until around 12 weeks and have my now 6 week old twin girls from that same cycle.
Good to know...thanks for sharing your experience!

ajc
ajc

September 5th, 2012, 3:09 am #8

I'm currently measuring 3 days behind (7w4d) from a natural cycle. I was very surprised because by my calculations, I should have ovulated no later than a certain date (which was 4 days later than my already "normal late" cycle), but apparently either I ovulated ridiculously late or it implanted very, very late. Or, it will all catch up eventually. I figure as long as I still continue to have growth/HB etc, then it must be just one of those things that will work itself out eventually (or it won't really matter). I have definitely heard that 5 days give or take is perfectly normal. I understand, though, every little thing that comes back less than what I think is absolutely perfect, I'm a wreck.

Erin
Erin

September 5th, 2012, 1:34 pm #9

My little one was measuring 2-3 days behind with each u/s (I had a few...) before 12wks. I was nervous about it too, but I posted and someone replied that it was pretty common before 12wks as it's really hard to measure something so small to an accuracy of millimeters (which is really all the difference is in dates). Since 12wks, she's been measuring about 3 days ahead each time which is kind-of funny (I'm 20+ wks now) . I think it's totally normal to be a couple/few days behind that early on. Good luck!

September 15th, 2012, 11:25 am #10

I'm currently measuring 3 days behind (7w4d) from a natural cycle. I was very surprised because by my calculations, I should have ovulated no later than a certain date (which was 4 days later than my already "normal late" cycle), but apparently either I ovulated ridiculously late or it implanted very, very late. Or, it will all catch up eventually. I figure as long as I still continue to have growth/HB etc, then it must be just one of those things that will work itself out eventually (or it won't really matter). I have definitely heard that 5 days give or take is perfectly normal. I understand, though, every little thing that comes back less than what I think is absolutely perfect, I'm a wreck.
How are you doing? I went for my last appy at the RE this week and at 8 weeks 5 days all was good. Baby measured 8 w 5 d and heart rate was 182.

I hope you are doing well!