Baby M is coming on New Year's Eve!

Baby M is coming on New Year's Eve!

JulesM
JulesM

December 23rd, 2011, 7:50 pm #1

I had my final US this morning (37 weeks) to check on the placenta previa. It is still at the os of the cervix, pretty much touching but not covering however not safe for a vaginal delivery. I have to admit it makes me a bit sad not to experience my water breaking or a contraction or labor knowing this will most likely be my only pregnancy, but I am very happy to have this little one sooner than later. The baby is measuring in the 94th percentile with an estimated weight of 8 lbs 4 oz!!!! Yikes! So the thought of having to wait for a natural birth which could be 41 weeks is something I am glad not to have to worry about

OMG... I'm going to be a mom in 8 days!!!!

Alli
Alli

December 23rd, 2011, 8:32 pm #2

Maybe you'll have the 1st baby of the year at your hospital!! I was also sad to miss out on the vaginal delivery process but what's safe is best. Keep us updated!

Jamie
Jamie

December 23rd, 2011, 8:35 pm #3

I had my final US this morning (37 weeks) to check on the placenta previa. It is still at the os of the cervix, pretty much touching but not covering however not safe for a vaginal delivery. I have to admit it makes me a bit sad not to experience my water breaking or a contraction or labor knowing this will most likely be my only pregnancy, but I am very happy to have this little one sooner than later. The baby is measuring in the 94th percentile with an estimated weight of 8 lbs 4 oz!!!! Yikes! So the thought of having to wait for a natural birth which could be 41 weeks is something I am glad not to have to worry about

Jules, let me tell you, I didn't get to have my water break either because I was induced and labor can SUCK as in hyperventilating, ready to scream, ready to yank out all your tubes going into your arms and your catheter and go into the bathroom, squat down, and push until something comes out. Those were the crazy thoughts racing through my head. That was me with an epidural that wasn't going in my spine and a baby facing the wrong way. Pure hell! So you may be missing something that would be rather dreadful (and my daughter was 8'3 so a big baby too) and this way you will have a safe delivery. Best wishes to you and can't wait to hear the good news!

Alli
Alli

December 23rd, 2011, 8:39 pm #4

I dilated to a 3 before the C section and it was pretty rough. I was so tired of the pain in only 2 hours. Can't imagine the full process even with meds

JulesM
JulesM

December 23rd, 2011, 8:47 pm #5

Jules, let me tell you, I didn't get to have my water break either because I was induced and labor can SUCK as in hyperventilating, ready to scream, ready to yank out all your tubes going into your arms and your catheter and go into the bathroom, squat down, and push until something comes out. Those were the crazy thoughts racing through my head. That was me with an epidural that wasn't going in my spine and a baby facing the wrong way. Pure hell! So you may be missing something that would be rather dreadful (and my daughter was 8'3 so a big baby too) and this way you will have a safe delivery. Best wishes to you and can't wait to hear the good news!
Yea... think a planned c-section sounds pretty good right now!

Sara H
Sara H

December 23rd, 2011, 10:59 pm #6

I'll look toward Boston and raise a glass of Champ... oh, wait... ummm, sparkling wine!

So happy for you... and you are already a mommie!

HUGS!
(From me and my mother, who is here, too!)

Sara H

JulesM
JulesM

December 23rd, 2011, 11:07 pm #7

Say "hi and CONGRATS!!" to your mom!! She must be beside herself right now!

CtMB
CtMB

December 23rd, 2011, 11:08 pm #8

Wishing you all the best!

cbsgirl
cbsgirl

December 24th, 2011, 12:29 am #9

What a way to ring in the New Year!! I can't believe your LO will be here so soon and is measuring so big. Do you have everything ready to go?? I will be looking for your birth update.

I am a scheduled c-section as well and get where you are coming from with regards to not experiencing labor. I just remind myself that getting this LO here safe and sound is the most important thing and reading Jamie's post just reinforced the c-section route!!

Tanya
Tanya

December 24th, 2011, 1:02 am #10

I am so excited for you!!!! I hope you are done working.