Baby Barely Moves! Just past 25 weeks ??

Baby Barely Moves! Just past 25 weeks ??

ALM
ALM

November 30th, 2011, 2:44 pm #1

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm kind of worried. I'm 25+ weeks pregnant and this baby hardly moves. It's my first, and I keep hearing stories about summersaults and feet punching out that you can see, etc. Not only do I have nothing near that (which actually sounds kind of painful), but my baby hardly moves at all? I was just at the doctor 2 weeks ago and all is supposedly fine, but this kind of freaks me out. Shouldn't he be moving a lot by now?

And then there was this Chinese fortune cookie I got that said "Prepare for the unexpected" and I was like - Oh, Great! I know, I know. Just a dumb cookie.

Anyone else have a really quiet baby?

THANKS!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 30th, 2011, 3:16 pm #2

I wanted to let you know that my first baby moved alot and second one did not. All was fine w/ my second but due to 3 m/c's b/t kids, I had my own personal doppler that kept me sane.

All babies are different. Are you drinking alot of fluids?? Take to your OB for advice. It can be very worrisome but most likely all will be well.

Thinking of you,

futurebeauty

jkl
jkl

November 30th, 2011, 7:09 pm #3

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm kind of worried. I'm 25+ weeks pregnant and this baby hardly moves. It's my first, and I keep hearing stories about summersaults and feet punching out that you can see, etc. Not only do I have nothing near that (which actually sounds kind of painful), but my baby hardly moves at all? I was just at the doctor 2 weeks ago and all is supposedly fine, but this kind of freaks me out. Shouldn't he be moving a lot by now?

And then there was this Chinese fortune cookie I got that said "Prepare for the unexpected" and I was like - Oh, Great! I know, I know. Just a dumb cookie.

THANKS!
anterior placenta? sometimes that can make you feel the baby less. Did the baby move on the U/S? Did you tell your doc your worries? The baby is still pretty small so you may feel more later. Anyway, I think you should tell your doc your worries and maybe get another u/s and make sure baby is moving enough. I think there are babies who are pretty mellow though.

I also recommend the doppler, definitely kept me sane--got it off ebay.

jkl

November 30th, 2011, 11:10 pm #4

From several women about the anterior placenta making the movements difficult to feel. A friend of mine was worried because her first pregnancy felt so much different than the second one with the anterior placenta. The baby was just fine. Agree that talking to the doctor about your concerns may be a good idea to put your mind at ease. I can't believe you are already at 25 weeks!

xoxo, Tracy

Jamie
Jamie

November 30th, 2011, 11:26 pm #5

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
I'd get little pokes and thumps here and there, but nothing like that. We are now sitting in a hotel in Istanbul where it is 1am and she is CRAZY! Squawking and moving and trying to crawl all over. So the chances are that everything is fine!

mtoto2
mtoto2

December 1st, 2011, 12:46 am #6

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
Mine was for a really long time - just forgot the weeks... but all was well. Good Luck

December 1st, 2011, 1:21 am #7

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
Turns out I had an anterior placenta, but I didnt find that out unti the end of the pregnancy. Might have spared me some panicked hours if I had known!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 1st, 2011, 2:26 am #8

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
I felt baby move more so earlier on than later. I did feel baby move but it was never like those stories friends tell about how you could make out a hand or foot through the belly.

I did go through my scary moment of OMG baby is not moving. But it was later in the PG - about a week before I gave birth I think. I went in and of course everything was fine.

My DD's movements were more like rolling. But more often than not they involved what felt like her grabbing or jumping on my cervix!

As for the fortune cookie...so true!! It's not reffering to anything about the baby movements but giving you a heads up about how life will be after your bring that little bundle into the world!!

bigboy
bigboy

December 1st, 2011, 2:41 pm #9

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
....the fortunate cookie means that if you are expecting a girl it will really be a boy! (or the opposite). i forgot what you are having, btw.

i dont remember with my son - i do remember the overall thought while i was pg with him that he wasnt a super duper active baby.

MargieD
MargieD

December 1st, 2011, 2:47 pm #10

Good Morning Ladies,

THANKS!
With DD - I noticed that she was more active at night when I was lying down getting ready to go to sleep. However, once I fell asleep - I didn't notice it.

I read that Moms being active during the day can help babies "sleep" and they get more active at night when Moms are sitting still. They also say that it's possible that Moms notice it more at night because they're not as distracted.

It's possible that your baby is a night baby and it's not keeping you awake. (And don't worry - DD ended up sleeping through the night within a week or two.... )