Baby Andrew has arrived!

Baby Andrew has arrived!

March 15th, 2011, 3:49 pm #1

How time flies! Baby Andrew arrived on March 1st weighing in at 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches. He is healthy and beautiful. The ultrasound indicated he was going to be big and I wanted to deliver vaginally, so we opted to be induced at 39 weeks. We had a few moments of excitement and concern when my blood pressure dropped twice (to 80/40)and his heartbeat monitor showed distress, but the wonderful doctors were able to quickly stabilize us. After being in the right position for delivery, Andrew decided to move to "sunny side up" for delivery day. In the last couple of hours, the doctor twisted him into position- apparently a difficult thing for her to do.

We are adjusting to being sleep deprived and creating a little routine. It is wonderful being a Mom and I feel so blessed to have this miracle baby. With a high FSH of 23, AMH less than 0.1, never more than one mature follicle, and age 44... Andrew truly is a gift from God.

Although I don't post a whole lot, I read the boards regularly and found a lot of comfort and knowledge from you all. Thank you so much!!

Tried to attach a photo but having technical difficulties not recognizing the .jpg... I will try again later but it is nursing time now!

Jamie
Jamie

March 15th, 2011, 3:50 pm #2

Congratulations, how wonderful! Wow, you had quite a delivery . . . glad all went well and hope you can get the pics up soon!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm #3

How time flies! Baby Andrew arrived on March 1st weighing in at 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches. He is healthy and beautiful. The ultrasound indicated he was going to be big and I wanted to deliver vaginally, so we opted to be induced at 39 weeks. We had a few moments of excitement and concern when my blood pressure dropped twice (to 80/40)and his heartbeat monitor showed distress, but the wonderful doctors were able to quickly stabilize us. After being in the right position for delivery, Andrew decided to move to "sunny side up" for delivery day. In the last couple of hours, the doctor twisted him into position- apparently a difficult thing for her to do.

We are adjusting to being sleep deprived and creating a little routine. It is wonderful being a Mom and I feel so blessed to have this miracle baby. With a high FSH of 23, AMH less than 0.1, never more than one mature follicle, and age 44... Andrew truly is a gift from God.

Although I don't post a whole lot, I read the boards regularly and found a lot of comfort and knowledge from you all. Thank you so much!!

Tried to attach a photo but having technical difficulties not recognizing the .jpg... I will try again later but it is nursing time now!
a million times over from me! All the best to you and I hope that the sleep angels visit you soon!

sch1star
sch1star

March 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm #4

What a wonderful story! All the best to you and your new addition!

Shipin
Shipin

March 15th, 2011, 4:33 pm #5

Awesome News. He's a healthy baby and am sure u r a proud mom
Congratulations once again.

Shipin
Shipin

March 15th, 2011, 4:35 pm #6

a million times over from me! All the best to you and I hope that the sleep angels visit you soon!
How r u doing ? We have been wondering about you on this and other forum. Good to see ur post and hope things are good with you.

Shipin
Shipin

March 15th, 2011, 4:39 pm #7

I responded to this before reading the good news ... U r back with a BANG !!! awesome.

March 15th, 2011, 5:04 pm #8

Congratulations!!! Thanks for taking the time to relay a little bit about your path. From one 44 yeear old to another...you give me hope!! Enjoy your little bundle!!

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

March 15th, 2011, 6:25 pm #9

So happy to hear the great news! Enjoy your time getting to know each other

Bethpky
Bethpky

March 16th, 2011, 12:57 am #10

Congratulations!