@Gone_fishn

@Gone_fishn

BabyDance
BabyDance

February 15th, 2011, 5:26 pm #1

Didn't you have a failed IVF at Cooper before your successful one? If so, did they make changes to your protocol and did you wait a month or two between cycles? I just did mine and it failed, didn't make it transfer. They got 2 eggs, but one broke on retrieval and one fertilized but didn't grow. I've been at a complete loss as to whether I should try again immediately, next cycle, or two cycles, or not try again at all and just do IUI"s. My gut tells me to try next month, at the moment. Curious if they changed your protocol. Thanks!!! Hope you are feeling great!

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

February 15th, 2011, 8:57 pm #2

Hi BD,

So sorry to hear about your failed IVF.

Yes, I did a failed IVF at Cooper in July. For that cycle, I did 150 Gonal F daily and then added Ganirelix at CD 7. I started that cycle with 4 antral follies, got 3 eggs, all of which fertilized and made it to transfer. We transferred all 3 embryos but none of them took unfortunately. BTW, the reason we did this protocol was that I had the drugs leftover from a failed IVF attempt at RMA in May - that cycle was a complete disaster. I started that cycle with 9 antral follies, only had one mature follicle after 11 days of stimming with 450 Gonal F daily. They cancelled my IVF cycle due to poor response and converted to IUI which was a BFN.

In contrast, for my successful cycle at Cooper in late Aug/early Sept, I did 150 Bravelle/150 Menopur daily with Cetrotide at CD 7. As I think I mentioned to you before, I also took Ubiquinol/ COQ10 for about 5 weeks prior to retrieval, and also added estrogen support (Vivelle patches) in addition the P4 support after retrieval. Starting with 5 antral follies, got 3 eggs, again all of which fertilized, but only 2 made it to transfer and one of them I am almost 26 weeks preggo with

To answer your question, I skipped a month in between all of my IVF attempts, to allow my body and sanity a few weeks rest in between attempts.

Hope that answers your questions - let me know if you want to know anything else! Good luck deciding your next steps - I know it is really tough, esp. after a disappointing result. Hang in there!

BabyDance
BabyDance

February 15th, 2011, 10:57 pm #3

Did they just change the protocol, or did you ask to add the Menopaur? And did you ask for the Vivelle patches? I see a lot of people get estrogen at some point, but no one has ever put me on it. Did you TTC in the cycle in between naturally, or medicated IUI? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just having trouble making decisions as to what to do. I talk to Dr. Check tomorrow. Glad you are doing well! BD

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

February 15th, 2011, 11:58 pm #4

They changed the protocol since they felt I would have better results than with Gonal F/Ganirelix. I did ask to be put on Vivelle patches - talked about it with Dr. Choe before my ER and she felt it could help and at worst couldn't hurt. We TTC naturally in between cycles. I felt IUI would not give that much of an advantage over TTC naturally and I didn't want to take any drugs in between cycles. HTH! And dont worry about the questions, I'm happy to help, and lord knows i asked lots of ladies here a million questions while I was trying to figure out options.

Good luck with your consult with Dr. Check tomorrow!

BabyDance
BabyDance

February 16th, 2011, 12:40 am #5

Thanks!! nt

BabyDance
BabyDance

February 16th, 2011, 4:57 pm #6

Didn't you have a failed IVF at Cooper before your successful one? If so, did they make changes to your protocol and did you wait a month or two between cycles? I just did mine and it failed, didn't make it transfer. They got 2 eggs, but one broke on retrieval and one fertilized but didn't grow. I've been at a complete loss as to whether I should try again immediately, next cycle, or two cycles, or not try again at all and just do IUI"s. My gut tells me to try next month, at the moment. Curious if they changed your protocol. Thanks!!! Hope you are feeling great!
What made you request Vivelle? I am a bit disenchanted today with Check after talking to my acupunturist. I want to do another IVF with him, but not happy about how my cycle turned out. My acupuncturist thinks they should have converted to IUI. Did they right away change your protocol, or did you have to ask?

BabyDance
BabyDance

February 16th, 2011, 4:59 pm #7

I bought it today. I noticed you and Jamie took it with success. I am also taking DHEA. Did you also take 200 CoQ10, 200 Ubiq, morning and night??

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

February 16th, 2011, 10:13 pm #8

What made you request Vivelle? I am a bit disenchanted today with Check after talking to my acupunturist. I want to do another IVF with him, but not happy about how my cycle turned out. My acupuncturist thinks they should have converted to IUI. Did they right away change your protocol, or did you have to ask?
Several other ladies on this board had taken Vivelle and had successful pregnancies, and if I recall correctly there was some evidence it was more effective than taking orally. And yes they changed my protocol from Gonal F/Ganirelix to Menopur/Bravelle/Cetrotide as they have seen better results with it.

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

February 16th, 2011, 10:15 pm #9

I bought it today. I noticed you and Jamie took it with success. I am also taking DHEA. Did you also take 200 CoQ10, 200 Ubiq, morning and night??
...it's better for absorption. One note I think I mentioned before... for me DHEA was a disaster (and I think for Jamie too) - that might be something to talk to Dr. Check about.

Jenna
Jenna

February 17th, 2011, 12:33 am #10

so we will see if my eggs are better in May. Hope so.

Jenna