any tip on headaches and tiredness??

any tip on headaches and tiredness??

February 13th, 2012, 11:59 pm #1

Scared_for_now
Scared_for_now

February 14th, 2012, 12:49 am #2

Can you take tylenol?
I had headaches all throughout pregnancy...I was told it was because of the high estrogen levels.
I had never had headaches before that...

February 14th, 2012, 1:07 am #3

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">no medication, I am trying to avoid med as much as possible. And I cant possibly take Tylenol every day. I was more thing maybe some massage at some pressure point or some sort of food or diet could help. But I think its because of high estrogen. Well I am not complaining I look at as a good sign that things are going well.

Sara H
Sara H

February 14th, 2012, 1:14 am #4

Do you:
Eat anything every day? Like a Twinky treat at lunch or noodles or Burger King fries?

(there could be something like an allergy that your pg is making worse, like MSG or something like that.)

So, first make a little food diary...
have you started drinking milk every day with meals? (so a dairy thing?)
Are you drinking a really cold drink? Or a hot tea?
I'm looking for anything that links the two meals, you know?

As far as helping:
small meals and snacks so you are eating a bunch, so that you are not having your blood sugar spike up and down
A cold compress on the back of your neck can really help!
Double your water, making sure you sip all day.

As far a being tired I was sooo very tired during the first 11 weeks and eating small amounts all day really helped but mine was also my thyroid. It has only recently gotten markedly better.

Is there any time you can close your eyes at all during the day? Even for 10 minutes during lunch?

Good luck and I hope there is an easy answer.
Sara H

jmassge
jmassge

February 14th, 2012, 1:24 am #5

Eating bananas, apples and warm milk. There are two spots on the back of your neck directly under those two points that stick out. These are your sub occipital muscles. Try to apply some pressure to these points. It works like a wonder. Als, you may want to get a occipivot pad...tou can find them on amazon for about $20...Sorry, I'm a massage therapist so I'm trying to think of things

MargieD
MargieD

February 14th, 2012, 1:33 am #6

Try drinking more water.... n/t

Laura
Laura

February 14th, 2012, 2:17 am #7

I took it a lot during my first pregnancy, and DS is just fine. I know you're trying to avoid meds, but tylenol really is ok. Also, drinking hot water with some ginger and lemon helps.

Hadas
Hadas

February 14th, 2012, 5:14 am #8

Hi Anna,
I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but it's normal and comes with the territory. I felt the same early on.

The only advice I can give that should hold true for your entire pregnancy is to DRINK A LOT OF WATER. This will also help normalize your blood pressure and energy level, but otherwise, what you're feeling is just how it goes

All the best,
Hadas

February 14th, 2012, 9:15 am #9

Try drinking more water.... n/t
at some point (and I forget what week, maybe at 6-8wks--I need to refresh my memory with dr google) your blood volume increases. Which explains why going up stairs all of a sudden makes you breathless

That means your needs more water to MAKE more blood. Your amniotic fluid needs you to be well hydrated too.

count your fluid intake and be diligent about having that water next to you and sip it. Start your day with one glass of water (doesn't have to be huge, just a regular sized, hand sized glass of water) and when you start the pee-marathon, drink 1/2 cup of water every time you pee---if you can't keep a glass by your work area.

oh and tired, boy do I feel for you! I was so tired while pg that if I slept 23hrs a day, it still wouldn't have been enough.

and if after being darn sure you are on top of your fluid intake and you still have headaches, at least you'll know you've done all you could that way.

I always get headaches when I am dehydrated. You don't need to get thirsty to indicate dehydration. and a pg body has funny ways to show this stuff. Mine were cramps (made me freak out) and spotting (talk about freaking out) and headache. sometimes cranky)

good luck

also be sure to snack every 2hrs at the very least. Granola bars are easy to have on hand (I have a few recipes if you feel like Martha-ing it up)

keep us posted
jm

me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 14th, 2012, 7:19 pm #10

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">Thanks for al the advice

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">I definitely think its the estrogen, because every night I get the bad headache after I take the estrade so last night I didnt take it till 11 pm and I was fine. from now on I am going to drink more water and pay attention to what I east.

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">Jmassage I really appreciate your advice, thats what exactly I was looking for.

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;">SaraH, about the sleeping, if you shall know, I sometimes go to bathroom and take a nap on toilet sit, LOL, sad and funny, although it smells bad there, but for now its my best bet at work. thanks for your advice.

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4