After the baby is born at the hospital (question)

After the baby is born at the hospital (question)

February 1st, 2012, 3:17 pm #1

Do the nurses take the imprint of the babies feet/hands right away or wait till the next day? I am just planning on bring some special paper stock so I can have an extra copy to do something for a memento box. I put it in my bag. I just didn't know the timing so that I don't forget to give it to the nurses. As if it happens right after, I don't think that will be on the for front of my mind going thru labor

Kristen
Kristen

February 1st, 2012, 3:54 pm #2

The nurses will clean the baby, do the check-ups and health checks, and then the imprints will be done. I got the idea from this board too and have the paper packed in my L&D bag. I wish I would have thought about this with my DS, b/c when the nurses did the imprints for him, they went over the lines and I really couldn't get a good replication of his newborn prints. It is such a good idea to do this.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 1st, 2012, 3:55 pm #3

Do the nurses take the imprint of the babies feet/hands right away or wait till the next day? I am just planning on bring some special paper stock so I can have an extra copy to do something for a memento box. I put it in my bag. I just didn't know the timing so that I don't forget to give it to the nurses. As if it happens right after, I don't think that will be on the for front of my mind going thru labor
Immediately after birth baby was being tended to (and tagged). And then taken away to the nursery with DH for the weigh-in and measurements.

I can't recall when the footprints were done...but it was once I was done with L&D and moved to my own room. They were done bedside because I had to give my fingerprint on the same page as the footprints.

February 1st, 2012, 4:13 pm #4

Thanks ladies! The boy will be tasked with getting this ready as my hands and vay jay jay will be other wise engaged.

February 1st, 2012, 8:20 pm #5

I've never heard of this. Is this done for identification? I don't think they do that here and if they do, it's not mentioned to us so I don't think they do it here in Canada.

What an awesome idea. I'd have loved prints made, those tiny little feet

jm

February 2nd, 2012, 12:10 am #6

From what I remember on my original birth certificate with the high seal on it, they put the feeties on it. I am still banking on this when I go. I wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone and have my own copy. I am by no means crafty but I figure with the mess they will make and clean up this is the perfect opportunity!!

ALM
ALM

February 2nd, 2012, 1:04 am #7

Good question, and now I'm going to do it, too! :) nt