A note from your moderators :)

A note from your moderators :)

juliemam
juliemam

July 7th, 2011, 9:51 pm #1

Hello all,

Blythe and I felt that maybe this BB could benefit with having a Thunderdome area where you all can go to unload/vent or talk about super sensitive issues that may or may not be related to being pg.

It's set up here:http://www.network54.com/Forum/634662/

notice the link in the top of the forum

Julie and Blythe

MargieD
MargieD

July 7th, 2011, 11:33 pm #2

I vented if anyone wants to see... :-) n/t

Blythe
Blythe

July 8th, 2011, 12:20 am #3

Hello all,

Blythe and I felt that maybe this BB could benefit with having a Thunderdome area where you all can go to unload/vent or talk about super sensitive issues that may or may not be related to being pg.

It's set up here:http://www.network54.com/Forum/634662/

notice the link in the top of the forum

Julie and Blythe
Thanks, juliemam.

July 8th, 2011, 3:56 am #4

I vented if anyone wants to see... :-) n/t
glad you said that you did. I forgot to say to mention it here so we'd know to go read/participate.

July 8th, 2011, 4:55 am #5

Thanks, juliemam.
The Thunderdome board just seems like another area for attack posts, no?
It's pretty sad that there is so much hate between the ladies here!

July 8th, 2011, 12:44 pm #6

Not for hate, but a place where everyone can post about anything--unmoderated and unjudged. It has proved useful in the past on another board. Sometimes we all have to just get stuff out of us without worrying about what people will say or think. Heck, it doesn't even have to be about anything here...it can be a vent about a boss, politics...you name it. The point is that we all have things we need/want to say that may offend, hurt, or otherwise annoy people...and if we don't have a way to get it out, it can end up boiling over in other ways. So, we provided a place for that.

Of folks don't want to participate or see what is being posted, don't peek.

Check Chick, One Tube and Ovary, FSH 15.9
Me: 37, DH: 37
DD: Born 5/25/07 via c-section. 8 pounds 8 ounces, 21 3/4 inches long!

DS: Born 3/9/09 via c-section. 8 pounds 15 ounces, 21 3/4 inches long!

July 8th, 2011, 3:04 pm #7

July 8th, 2011, 3:32 pm #8

The Thunderdome board just seems like another area for attack posts, no?
It's pretty sad that there is so much hate between the ladies here!
There are times I wanted to complain about how much pregnancy sucked but never felt comfortable b/c there are so many desperate people wanting exactly what I had!!!
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

July 8th, 2011, 4:29 pm #9

when I was pg and frequently posting here, this is 4ishyrs ago (my DD is now 3.5ish)

I once posted a whiny post about all the aches and pains and was not quite flamed but told, hey, at least you ARE pg. I felt so bad.
I would have loved a thunderdome in that situation not to rail against the one who reprimanded me but to complain about the aches and pains and worries and any other discomfort that we who have fought so hard to even BE here feel somewhat guilty about complaining, feeling maybe ungrateful-?
There were still posts on this here and that was fine and proper warnings were put in the subject line after my gaffe

because the truth is, being pg can be difficult, the aches can be constant--the worry, oh the worries--did baby move enough today? Is that spotting because I did too much or sign of something worse-- and the insomnia (for some, I finally caved and joined facebook to help pass the night hours) and the heartburn. wow. All very much worth the discomfort, of course and this is a pg bb after all but many hopefuls do come look and share.
so yeah, thanks for pointing this out, I had totally forgotten!

CtMB
CtMB

July 8th, 2011, 11:21 pm #10

There are times I wanted to complain about how much pregnancy sucked but never felt comfortable b/c there are so many desperate people wanting exactly what I had!!!
I lurk more than I post, but there were times that I wanted to vent about certain things related to my pregnancy but did not want to upset anyone. I think the Thunderdome is a great idea.