6 weeks and traveling out of country!

6 weeks and traveling out of country!

Maya
Maya

February 14th, 2011, 4:56 pm #1

Hello I am new to the board and hope to be a member. I have a few questions I hope can be answered...
33 yo, 0ne failed IVF (no reason) and One IUI.

I am about 7 weeks pregnant from LMP, newly pregnant from IUI with 2 wk P4=5.8 but now 25, and initial HCG of 46, now 24,000. I am on Estrace, crinone BID by my fertility doctor. My OB just added Prometrium vaginal insertion at Bed time and for the past 2 weeks have been using every other day IM progesterone( per friends' advice)
My OB and Fertility doctors are convinced that I am a perfectly normal pregnancy with nothing to worry about. Last week I had a 2000 drop in my HCG from one day to the next but rose by 6,000 after 3 days.
I feel fine, a little early satiety and decreased appetite but great otherwise.

1. I am travelling out of the country this week to Asia for 3 weeks: any thoughts? ( both physicians say it is safe for me to travel)
I was in Asia last year for 2 weeks. I was impressed. Mostly easily accessible anything you want- just have the money.
2. Although my progesterone is rising should I worry as I am simply using the IM injections unbeknownst to both my physicians.
3. My Fertility doc was out of country during my IUI, which he kept discouraging me from doing, I have not spoken to him and he has not bothered to call me either, I simply deal with the center - the nursing. I paid for 2 cycles out of pocket, so still have one more cycle with them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Maya
Maya

February 14th, 2011, 5:01 pm #2

Day of IUI 1/12/2011. Today heart rate 115bpm, singleton. HR: 83, 121, 115 beats per minute. Is the heart rate trend normal?

--- Maya

lucy999
lucy999

February 14th, 2011, 5:06 pm #3

I believe that great P4 numbers are necessary for any pg to survive. Some REs and doctors can be so clueless. I would not recommend traveling. I think it is too early.

I would wait out the first 12 weeks and then decide from there. Hear rate looks okay but what are your numbers from today?

(Fetal heart rate tends to vary with gestational age in the very early parts of pregnancy. Normal heart rate at 6 weeks is around 90-110 beats per minute).

Hope others can pitch in. I would definitely continue the progesterone injections. P4 should b at least 30 according to Dr. Check (cooper) for a successful pg.

Good luck

Maya
Maya

February 14th, 2011, 5:10 pm #4

How do I calculate my Due date?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 14th, 2011, 5:14 pm #5

If you've had an u/s and a fetal pole was present for them to measure crown-rump length, then they should have given you an estimated due date.

But in the meantime you can get a rough idea by using your LMP date.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/during ... gcalc.html

lucy999
lucy999

February 14th, 2011, 10:02 pm #6

I am curious and thanks.

Shipin
Shipin

February 14th, 2011, 11:29 pm #7

Hello I am new to the board and hope to be a member. I have a few questions I hope can be answered...

I am about 7 weeks pregnant from LMP, newly pregnant from IUI with 2 wk P4=5.8 but now 25, and initial HCG of 46, now 24,000. I am on Estrace, crinone BID by my fertility doctor. My OB just added Prometrium vaginal insertion at Bed time and for the past 2 weeks have been using every other day IM progesterone( per friends' advice)
My OB and Fertility doctors are convinced that I am a perfectly normal pregnancy with nothing to worry about. Last week I had a 2000 drop in my HCG from one day to the next but rose by 6,000 after 3 days.

1. I am travelling out of the country this week to Asia for 3 weeks: any thoughts? ( both physicians say it is safe for me to travel)
I was in Asia last year for 2 weeks. I was impressed. Mostly easily accessible anything you want- just have the money.
2. Although my progesterone is rising should I worry as I am simply using the IM injections unbeknownst to both my physicians.
3. My Fertility doc was out of country during my IUI, which he kept discouraging me from doing, I have not spoken to him and he has not bothered to call me either, I simply deal with the center - the nursing. I paid for 2 cycles out of pocket, so still have one more cycle with them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Its a great news .. and Welcome to the Board. If your OB says everything is great then thats very good, but I would still recommend that you listen to your body. Some women travel a lot during 1st trimester and they r just fine ... but I think I might not have been that good if I had travelled. 1st trimester is full of problems like nausea, vomiting, headache , cramping etc and to top it all I felt that Progestrone made me really dull and sleepy (I feel like I slept through my 1st trimester completely). Considering its a long distance travel keep all these things in mind while planning for a trip coz you will also have to deal with Jet lag and insomnia. Also I do not know for how long r u planning to go, you need to think about the monitoring in the duration you are out of country and what if u need to see a doctor urgently.
Not discouraging you ... but plan everything and if ur body and Dr both support you ... Bon Voyage !!!

Maya
Maya

February 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm #8

31000 and P4 now is at 37. I am feeling better.

February 15th, 2011, 4:12 pm #9

congratulations!!

no advice about travelling but as i don't know much about progesterone supplementing, I do know that you must wean yourself off of it rather than cut it out cold turkey so be sure to have plenty of supply with you or extra of what the Dr gave you.
I'd think that what the Dr prescribed should be enough but go with your gut.
Once the placenta takes over, around weeks 8-10, if you want to stop doing the extra, be sure to wean off of it.

good luck and keep us posted

jm

Dana
Dana

February 15th, 2011, 5:40 pm #10

Thank you.

Sincerely,

at 6 weeks. I was on suppositories b/c I had a violent reaction to the PIO. Totally fine. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. Do move around the airplane and stay hydrated. I enjoyed 16 hours of sleep and we got there near bed time, another 8, bliss! LOL.