5 week U/S and question

5 week U/S and question

anna
anna

February 9th, 2012, 6:24 pm #1

Today I did the first ultra sound at 5 weeks, and we saw a sac @6mm. the Re said everything looks good and congratulate us. Now that I came to work and went to Dr. google and Dr. network54 I see that people are talking about seeing the gec and the sac and something inside the sac and some bubble (I dont know the medical term, sorry) the Re didnt mention any thing and all I saw and have the picture of is a black circle. Is that normal?

Also is 6mm good size for 5 weeks and 3 days??
(BTW my beta as of Monday was 2270)

Thanks

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 9th, 2012, 6:36 pm #2

those are the 3 things that are being looked for in these very early u/s. By early I mean in the 5-6 weeks range. That you saw a gestational sac today is great. C.ooper will likely have you go back tomorrow or day after to see if there's a yolk sac.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 9th, 2012, 6:38 pm #3

in these early days development grows by the day - LITERALLY.

anna
anna

February 9th, 2012, 6:43 pm #4

Maybe the RE saw it and didnt mention it to me, because after he was done with the uts i told him that i am also being monitored by cooper and he was very nice about. I thought he would get offended but he said no worries, follow cooper blood order and there is no ego here all we want is for you to have a healthy prg.

i am gonna call him and ask if saw those fancy thing that i cant get the spelling right, LOL

Laura
Laura

February 9th, 2012, 6:53 pm #5

Today I did the first ultra sound at 5 weeks, and we saw a sac @6mm. the Re said everything looks good and congratulate us. Now that I came to work and went to Dr. google and Dr. network54 I see that people are talking about seeing the gec and the sac and something inside the sac and some bubble (I dont know the medical term, sorry) the Re didnt mention any thing and all I saw and have the picture of is a black circle. Is that normal?

Thanks
It also depends on the resolution of the u/s. Really big, high-res machines in hospitals would show more than a smaller machine in a clinic, where it's mainly used to count follies 10mm and larger. A measurable sac that early is great! You can't "see" a hb until after 6 wk, so you sound like you're right on track. yay!

Alli
Alli

February 9th, 2012, 7:00 pm #6

Thanks
Was curious whether you would have one or 2!

anna
anna

February 9th, 2012, 7:05 pm #7

It also depends on the resolution of the u/s. Really big, high-res machines in hospitals would show more than a smaller machine in a clinic, where it's mainly used to count follies 10mm and larger. A measurable sac that early is great! You can't "see" a hb until after 6 wk, so you sound like you're right on track. yay!
Thanks, BTW he saw some thing else that was 7 mm but it wasn't round and he said it could be another one who had implanted but is not doing good or it could be a blood clot, he said at another us we might see 2 healthy or I may bleed in couple of days, and he said don't be alarmed. I hope I don't bleed and if It's meant to go, it just get absorbed by my body. If I see blood I will freak out no matter what.

Sara H
Sara H

February 9th, 2012, 8:08 pm #8

Thanks
Our first scan we only saw the sac, or as my DH called it "the bubble" and just and next visit we could see the fetal pole and more cells. So, I would not worry about calling him back, I am sure he told you what he could see and, as Mrs.A says, it changes soooo quickly!

Sounds good so far!
Sara H

b&a72
b&a72

February 9th, 2012, 8:27 pm #9

Thanks
You are exactly where you should be, remember most clinics do not do ultrasounds this early because of all the anxiety it can cause they are just looking to make sure it is in the uterus.

ALM
ALM

February 10th, 2012, 1:36 am #10

Thanks
Honestly, this is all becoming a blurr to me, and I only remember that I did see h/b @ 6 weeks. Like everyone has said, this all changes SO quickly. Sounds like things are right where they should be. Good Luck, and Congrats!