2nd U.S. (m.c. ment. – venting, child mentd)

2nd U.S. (m.c. ment. – venting, child mentd)

mtoto2
mtoto2

August 16th, 2011, 6:12 pm #1

So I went in for u.s. on Friday, Aug 6th @ 9 weeks, 2 days and Baby B had demised. Its been the toughest two weeks in a long time, especially with every other person at work going off on maternity leave. My R.E. recommended a D&C so we can get some genetic testing and my OB was nice enough to schedule it the following day on Saturday, Aug 7th.

I am really questioning myself and wondering what to do next.. am I trying to beat nature and achieve the impossible twins at 44 years with OE was quite an achievement according to RE but what good is that if you dont carry them to term. The weird thing is that even through the mourning period I was ready to get right back on the bandwagon because I just feel soooooo time barred, and have already lost 8 months this year with a chemical pg and a miscarriage under my belt. What are the chances REALLY that there is still one good egg and why cant I just let it go. I am even questioning whether there really are any benefits to IVF and all the hormones vs TTC naturally though I dont understand why I have never had a BFP while trying naturally. So far Ive had a miscarriage at 4 weeks in 2007 @ 40yrs, a miscarriage at 12 weeks in 2008 @ 41 yrs, a BFP with DS in 2009 @ 42 yrs (after DE speech), 2 failed IUIs in 2010, a Chemical in Feb, 2011 @ 44yrs and a miscarriage of twins in Aug 2011 @ 44 yrs. All were IUIs except 1st 2 with Clomid, rest with injectibles and last 2 this year which were ivf. I had an HSG that was fine in 2008 before conceiving DS and I had some uterine scar tissue that was removed during mock transfers earlier this year. RE was trying to avoid surgery which would further delay my attempts at getting pg so he just pushed his way through using catheters to remove the adhesions quite painful but quick used Valium prior to procedures.

I must say that after having read the posts on these boards, I added COQ10, Reservertrol(sp), Vit D3 and B12 to my folic acid and prenatal vits regimen for 2nd IVF in addition to DHEA which I had started on 1st IVF and the there was a great improvement on embryo quality. I only made 5 embies both times but went from 2 6 cell, 2 4 cell and a 2 cell during 1st ivf to 2 8 cell, 2 6 cell, and a 4 cell during 2nd ivf.

I am going to stick to the above regimen but would like any ideas on other things to add for the remaining 3 months of the year because I need to wait until Oct to try again after D&C. I have seen talk about preseed but have no idea what it does.

Congratulations to all who have graduated to the pink board and All the Best to those of you who are still trying..

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 16th, 2011, 6:32 pm #2

You were so quiet and didn't come back after that Friday u/s and I was afraid of the reason why. I'm really really sorry. I hope that the D&C gives you some clues as to what may have happened.

As for the Pre-Seed, I don't know that that will help you in the next 3 months because that is a sperm-friendly vaginal lubricant used during TI to help the sperm along. But since you can't try again until October that's of no use for now.

The supps you've used sound like good regimen and you can certainly add to them (e.g. Royal Jelly, Wheatgrass), or considering acpuncture or the like, if you're interested in going that route. Maybe something to consider for the meantime is maybe doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test on DH?

But I think that waiting to hear the results from the D&C might help you figure out next steps.

Again, I'm really sorry.

bigboy
bigboy

August 16th, 2011, 6:50 pm #3

So I went in for u.s. on Friday, Aug 6th @ 9 weeks, 2 days and Baby B had demised. Its been the toughest two weeks in a long time, especially with every other person at work going off on maternity leave. My R.E. recommended a D&C so we can get some genetic testing and my OB was nice enough to schedule it the following day on Saturday, Aug 7th.

I am really questioning myself and wondering what to do next.. am I trying to beat nature and achieve the impossible twins at 44 years with OE was quite an achievement according to RE but what good is that if you dont carry them to term. The weird thing is that even through the mourning period I was ready to get right back on the bandwagon because I just feel soooooo time barred, and have already lost 8 months this year with a chemical pg and a miscarriage under my belt. What are the chances REALLY that there is still one good egg and why cant I just let it go. I am even questioning whether there really are any benefits to IVF and all the hormones vs TTC naturally though I dont understand why I have never had a BFP while trying naturally. So far Ive had a miscarriage at 4 weeks in 2007 @ 40yrs, a miscarriage at 12 weeks in 2008 @ 41 yrs, a BFP with DS in 2009 @ 42 yrs (after DE speech), 2 failed IUIs in 2010, a Chemical in Feb, 2011 @ 44yrs and a miscarriage of twins in Aug 2011 @ 44 yrs. All were IUIs except 1st 2 with Clomid, rest with injectibles and last 2 this year which were ivf. I had an HSG that was fine in 2008 before conceiving DS and I had some uterine scar tissue that was removed during mock transfers earlier this year. RE was trying to avoid surgery which would further delay my attempts at getting pg so he just pushed his way through using catheters to remove the adhesions quite painful but quick used Valium prior to procedures.

I must say that after having read the posts on these boards, I added COQ10, Reservertrol(sp), Vit D3 and B12 to my folic acid and prenatal vits regimen for 2nd IVF in addition to DHEA which I had started on 1st IVF and the there was a great improvement on embryo quality. I only made 5 embies both times but went from 2 6 cell, 2 4 cell and a 2 cell during 1st ivf to 2 8 cell, 2 6 cell, and a 4 cell during 2nd ivf.

I am going to stick to the above regimen but would like any ideas on other things to add for the remaining 3 months of the year because I need to wait until Oct to try again after D&C. I have seen talk about preseed but have no idea what it does.

Congratulations to all who have graduated to the pink board and All the Best to those of you who are still trying..
im so SO sorry. i dont have words. and i dont know what to say and dont want to say anything to offend...but you are in my thoughts and im just so so sorry. i got tears reading this...

Tanya
Tanya

August 16th, 2011, 7:00 pm #4

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain you are feeling and I know that no words can make you feel better right now. I think it is good you are already starting to think of next steps, that really helped me feel better after my loss.

Here is the link to my journey and also lists what I did during the month I got my BFP.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... ntioned%29

August 16th, 2011, 7:00 pm #5

You were so quiet and didn't come back after that Friday u/s and I was afraid of the reason why. I'm really really sorry. I hope that the D&C gives you some clues as to what may have happened.

As for the Pre-Seed, I don't know that that will help you in the next 3 months because that is a sperm-friendly vaginal lubricant used during TI to help the sperm along. But since you can't try again until October that's of no use for now.

The supps you've used sound like good regimen and you can certainly add to them (e.g. Royal Jelly, Wheatgrass), or considering acpuncture or the like, if you're interested in going that route. Maybe something to consider for the meantime is maybe doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test on DH?

But I think that waiting to hear the results from the D&C might help you figure out next steps.

Again, I'm really sorry.
especially because I feel so time barred . Would sperm dna fragmentation be a non issue for iui & ivf? Just wondering because they'll always commented that DHs sperm is excellent when they've washed it before iuis a ivf.

August 16th, 2011, 7:02 pm #6

im so SO sorry. i dont have words. and i dont know what to say and dont want to say anything to offend...but you are in my thoughts and im just so so sorry. i got tears reading this...
Aawww, thanks

August 16th, 2011, 7:16 pm #7

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain you are feeling and I know that no words can make you feel better right now. I think it is good you are already starting to think of next steps, that really helped me feel better after my loss.

Here is the link to my journey and also lists what I did during the month I got my BFP.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... ntioned%29
I thought it was just taken around bd? During my 1st 2 iuis with OB, he had me drink red wine before procedure & call it coincidence but BFP both times

Tanya
Tanya

August 16th, 2011, 7:25 pm #8

I believe it loosens the CM which is better for the swimmers. Hopefully someone else can weigh in with a more appropriate answer.

sch1star
sch1star

August 16th, 2011, 7:38 pm #9

So very sorry. After all the people here go through I know it is especially heartbreaking to experience further losses - the closer you get, the more it feels like you have to lose. It sounds like you are bouncing back even better than could be expected, you must be exceptionally strong.

I don't blame you for wanting to keep going. You may change your mind and ultimately it's such a personal journey but there is much in your history to be encouraged by. I agree with Mrs. A that the tissue results may give you some more to think about.

I can't remember if a PP already suggested royal pollen. TCM is something else to look into. If you have a few months it might feel productive to try some new things, but then again on your existing regimen you had success and there's a lot to be said for sticking with that too.

Sending virtual hugs and hopes that you will be back very soon with another bfp!

August 16th, 2011, 8:22 pm #10

and I'm so sorry to read your news. I agree with others that you have a lot to be encouraged about, but understand how devastated you must be right now. I'm glad you're thinking ahead. Some say you're the most fertile after a m/c or pg, so I'd be thinking along the same lines you are.

Hang in there...sending big hugs.

Meg