2nd beta in and P4 question

2nd beta in and P4 question

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 7:12 pm #1

My first beta friday, was
P4

I am taking 2 endometrin a day. 1 am, 1 pm.

Second beta Monday (today)
P4

The drop worried me and I asked nurse if I should add an endometrin, she said no, stick with the 2. She also said endometrin absorption isn't shown in the blood work (?)...but still- I am worried and wondering if I should just add in one more for a total of 3 a day? What do you think?

I am scheduled for an "early sono" next Monday at 5 weeks with RE and they will do another beta/P4 that day also.

anna
anna

May 7th, 2012, 7:16 pm #2

Mind once dropped from 50 to 30 and cooper inc my dose. I wouldn't say 21 to 19 is a drop. Its too small if a change.

And GREAT BETA!!!! CONGRAT

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 7:20 pm #3

I hope it's okay.
I thought under 20 is not good?
I noticed many on here who have been successful seem to have such high P4 levels.
I hope I'm being given enough.
It's still so early and
I'm still holding my breath with this.
Thank you for "being here" for me!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

ANNA
ANNA

May 7th, 2012, 7:23 pm #4

did u call cooper?

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 7:34 pm #5

I really am trying to avoid calling them, it causes me way too much stress.
I have to stay calm and I think they're great but I can't do to myself NOW what I was doing as an OOT patient. I was constanlty a wreck. Not good.
Also, maybe because of our insurance, but me doing all the OOT monitoring with them cost us a FORTUNE and I mean FORTUNE going to get u/s at the radiology places and labs even though they were in our network. We are still paying these bills and they are STILL coming in . I dont get these bills when I use a local RE, everything is covered.
No- not calling them.
Oh my god, just typing it is throwing me over the edge.

Anna
Anna

May 7th, 2012, 8:09 pm #6

Yes, I am totally with you about stress and BILLSOh my gosh dont even get me started on how much I have spent so far. Any how I respect any decision you make and I am sure only you know whats best for you but I am just going to share my experience with OOT with cooper and pregnancy:

1-Everything for me after pregnancy was covered by insurance because they bill them under pregnancy not fertility. the only extra cost for me was $350 monitoring fee.

2-My local RE was monitoring me as well and I didnt feel like sharing what cooper is doing with them. Same thing with OBGYN later on, after 12 weeks I asked him to check my P4 and he said its not needed and I said ok I just go with cooper on that.

3-The blood and ultra sound are not as intense as IVF or IUI. They usually say do this blood in a week and many timed I do them 1 day sooner or later if going to get a blood work at the exact day they told me didnt fit my work schedule.

4-Many times I get the call back the day after I did the blood work (well its because I am CA and 3 hours ahead and by the time the results get ready the pregnancy nurse is gone) and it was not a big deal. one day here and there isnt that critical after you are pregnant (in my experience and cooper was OK with this and my case, of course each person is different). So bottom line is it didnt cause me so much stress beside the time my P4 dropped, and the pregnancy nurse assured me that it was no big deal but I still freaked out.

In any way I am sure any decision you make is the best for you and dont stress yourself for it. and it seems like your local RE is monitoring your P4 well.

Good luck.

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 8:19 pm #7

My first beta friday, was
P4

I am taking 2 endometrin a day. 1 am, 1 pm.

Second beta Monday (today)
P4

The drop worried me and I asked nurse if I should add an endometrin, she said no, stick with the 2. She also said endometrin absorption isn't shown in the blood work (?)...but still- I am worried and wondering if I should just add in one more for a total of 3 a day? What do you think?

I am scheduled for an "early sono" next Monday at 5 weeks with RE and they will do another beta/P4 that day also.
I feel tons better that he called and that he upped the P4

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 8:26 pm #8

Yes, I am totally with you about stress and BILLSOh my gosh dont even get me started on how much I have spent so far. Any how I respect any decision you make and I am sure only you know whats best for you but I am just going to share my experience with OOT with cooper and pregnancy:

1-Everything for me after pregnancy was covered by insurance because they bill them under pregnancy not fertility. the only extra cost for me was $350 monitoring fee.

2-My local RE was monitoring me as well and I didnt feel like sharing what cooper is doing with them. Same thing with OBGYN later on, after 12 weeks I asked him to check my P4 and he said its not needed and I said ok I just go with cooper on that.

3-The blood and ultra sound are not as intense as IVF or IUI. They usually say do this blood in a week and many timed I do them 1 day sooner or later if going to get a blood work at the exact day they told me didnt fit my work schedule.

4-Many times I get the call back the day after I did the blood work (well its because I am CA and 3 hours ahead and by the time the results get ready the pregnancy nurse is gone) and it was not a big deal. one day here and there isnt that critical after you are pregnant (in my experience and cooper was OK with this and my case, of course each person is different). So bottom line is it didnt cause me so much stress beside the time my P4 dropped, and the pregnancy nurse assured me that it was no big deal but I still freaked out.

In any way I am sure any decision you make is the best for you and dont stress yourself for it. and it seems like your local RE is monitoring your P4 well.

Good luck.
Just saw this after I posted about speaking to my RE here and he said "let's up the P4, it won't hurt"
Relieved
Its better for me, to try and do it all with one dr. I love Dr Check to death, and I know he knows his stuff, but I have bad anxiety and stress very easily. With 4 losses under my belt, all before 8 weeks, you can imagine I am a basket case, so I have to try hard to stay calm. If my RE was telling me "you don't need P4" I would be freaking but he has been very on board with P4 support, so I feel good, I feel better now that I'm taking the extra one per day and I hope next week it goes up.
BTW my husband called cooper because I was freaking out right before my local RE called and the nurse said we have to come in and they couldnt tell us anything over the phone because I wasn't monitoring with them and because I got PG on myown. Which makes sense for their insurance reasons and stuff, they cant tell me anything over the phone but right now, going all the way there ISN'T going to happen, my husband is now working 2 jobs and I cant make that drive alone, I just can't. I have to trust my dr knows what he is doing I guess.
Thanks for writing back so fast to me.

mel
mel

May 7th, 2012, 9:03 pm #9

I feel tons better that he called and that he upped the P4
Great beta results!

I can completely understand your nerves right now, believe me. Like you said, minimizing your stress right now is the most important thing.

I was also on endometrin 2x a day (100 mg) and my P4 also dropped to around 17, and actually stayed there. I was so worried and concerned, but my doctor assured me my number was good and like your dr said, my dr also said endometrin does not show up in bloodwork and my P4 number was actually a lot higher b/c of where the endometrin was. It's so hard to believe that when the number is saying something otherwise, so I understand your worry. My dr never changed my dosage, even though I asked, but she said it wasn't necessary. I'm glad your dr is working with you to ease your anxiety and has upped your P4.

My P4 levels have NEVER been in the range of the women typically on here, so I know what you mean about the high levels usually seen and wanting to compare. Maybe C.ooper wants it to be above 20?? All RE's are different and think differently about P4. My dr said if my level dropped below 10, then she would up the dosage. The important thing is you are supplementing, your dr is on board with it and being proactive about it.

Your numbers look great. These early weeks are so tough, especially for those of us who have had early losses. I'm sending you big hugs!!!

Teresa
Teresa

May 7th, 2012, 9:42 pm #10

Oh Mel, thank you for writing and sharing your own experience with the P4. You made me feel so much better. I feel like my levels are disastrous and I know that's not true, but comparing sometimes makes you feel like you're doomed.

How far along are you? How long will you be on the P4? I have to ask my RE.

He said really that P4 of 19.5 was totally fine, but that if it would make me feel better, I can up it to 3 and he had no problem with that. So, I am going to take the 3 for now.

I went to a site called "justmommies" and the chart i found there said that in the first tri, between 9 and 47 P4 levels are normal. I know C ooper wants them much higher.

I have never had P4 support in any of my previous pregnancies...and never got a reason for the losses, so I am praying this is the magic bullet and that this little seed will stick.

It really is SO hard. It's a blessing and I'm grateful for it, but I am trying not to get emotionally attached, just in case. I can't imagine going through another tragedy.

Thank you for your thoughts and I'm sending a hug back to you!