15 weeks in and don't feel anything

15 weeks in and don't feel anything

August 21st, 2011, 4:17 pm #1

I am a little over 15 weeks pregnant and I don't really feel anything. I know its too early to feel the baby moving. I have a stomach pouch. I haven't been bleeding. If I didn't see pictures of a baby in my belly I don't think I would believe it. I don't know if this is normal. My next appointment is not for a few weeks so its hard just to sit back and hope things are progressing. Has anyone else been thru this?

MargieD
MargieD

August 21st, 2011, 4:45 pm #2

I didn't feel DD kick until about 20 weeks - about week or so after my 20 week ultrasound. Then she got the hiccups a LOT... it was so funny... sometimes I felt that more than her kicking me...

Maybe you need a distraction??

Ekb88
Ekb88

August 21st, 2011, 5:38 pm #3

I am a little over 15 weeks pregnant and I don't really feel anything. I know its too early to feel the baby moving. I have a stomach pouch. I haven't been bleeding. If I didn't see pictures of a baby in my belly I don't think I would believe it. I don't know if this is normal. My next appointment is not for a few weeks so its hard just to sit back and hope things are progressing. Has anyone else been thru this?
Past the m/s, but too early for kicking. Your feelings are very normal. Would your on let you stop in for a hb check? Mine let me come in every 2 weeks which helped alot, and they said if I ever needed to, I could come in and they'd do it for me.

Toni who is a grad lurker!!
Toni who is a grad lurker!!

August 21st, 2011, 7:57 pm #4

Rent a doppler!! It calms you down!! (n/t)

ali
ali

August 22nd, 2011, 2:08 pm #5

Try not to stress. You're supposed to feel good in your 2nd trimester. As for movement, with my 1st son i didn't feel it until 22 weeks i believe. It was late, i know that. I never got the butterflies everyone was talking about. What it felt like for me was popcorn popping. For a while i wasn't sure if it was gas bubbles or the baby. Turns out as the weeks went on and they got stronger, it was the baby.

With this pregnancy, i have felt movement early on- 13 weeks. But with this baby, it's more like jabs at my stomach. Very distinct. No butterlies again. Just kicking and jabbing at me. lol.

Everyone feels different things and at different times. You probably do feel the baby, but you just can't distinctly say it's the baby yet.

Kristen
Kristen

August 23rd, 2011, 5:44 am #6

What's your due date? We are very close... I am 15w4d today and baby is measuring a week ahead, but I haven't felt a thing. With DS, I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks. I also have a tipped uterus (which can make it take longer). If I didn't have the bump and the heartburn, I wouldn't know it either. We had a scan yesterday and the baby was jumping all over the place, but I can't feel a thing... it will just take some more time.

Kristen

August 23rd, 2011, 6:33 pm #7

It is totally normal. I did not feel any movement till around 22 wks and now I have an 8 week old healthy girl. There is always something that will make you worry during the pregnancy and after. I think it is part of being a parent. Just FYI, once mine did start moving, I started freaking out when she would be quiet for a few hours. She would be extremely quiet all day then start the party in my belly around 8pm - 3am. Such a relief when you do start feeling them move (and then you wish they would settle down a little) hehe. Even though you know their schedule you still always wonder and worry.

August 23rd, 2011, 9:04 pm #8

Around this time is when you feel the best, not pregnant, and you don't feel any movement so don't worry.

I know it can be stressful but if you made it to this point I'm sure everything is fine now

Sit back and relax and enjoy that these weeks are really so great, once you get too big everyting will be uncomfortable :p

August 24th, 2011, 12:54 am #9

What's your due date? We are very close... I am 15w4d today and baby is measuring a week ahead, but I haven't felt a thing. With DS, I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks. I also have a tipped uterus (which can make it take longer). If I didn't have the bump and the heartburn, I wouldn't know it either. We had a scan yesterday and the baby was jumping all over the place, but I can't feel a thing... it will just take some more time.

Kristen
I am due on Feb 10th, how about you? I think our due dates must be pretty close

Alli
Alli

August 24th, 2011, 7:04 pm #10

Be glad you arent having many symptoms!! M/s was horrible. As long as everything is good at the docs, appreciate the good feelings if possible.