146-156... I GOT A DOPPLER! Happy Woosh Whoosh sounds!

146-156... I GOT A DOPPLER! Happy Woosh Whoosh sounds!

Sara H
Sara H

March 7th, 2012, 6:58 pm #1

Tanya gave me a Doppler and it came today! So, for the first time I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at home!
It was 146 the first time, 156 the second, about an hour and a half later. (Guessing kid woke up? do they 'sleep' at this stage?)

WOW! Still ginning from ear to ear!

I know, so many of you have been there, I was just excited and wanted to share in hopes it brought back happy memories!

In other news: I got my first maternity pants... got them used, was fighting the fact I needed them, really, since it's rather early (15 weeks). But, have to admit, feels sooo much better! Yippee for 1/2 off at the store or I would have waited! Also got a Graco portable play pen, good as new, in the case will all the instructions, for $10. NICE!

Yip, it's getting more real now!

Hugs to all!
Sara H

Sara H
Sara H

March 7th, 2012, 7:42 pm #2

And thank you again, Tanya! :-) (NT)

mel
mel

March 7th, 2012, 8:08 pm #3

Tanya gave me a Doppler and it came today! So, for the first time I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at home!
It was 146 the first time, 156 the second, about an hour and a half later. (Guessing kid woke up? do they 'sleep' at this stage?)

I know, so many of you have been there, I was just excited and wanted to share in hopes it brought back happy memories!

In other news: I got my first maternity pants... got them used, was fighting the fact I needed them, really, since it's rather early (15 weeks). But, have to admit, feels sooo much better! Yippee for 1/2 off at the store or I would have waited! Also got a Graco portable play pen, good as new, in the case will all the instructions, for $10. NICE!

Hugs to all!
Sara H
Glad it is giving you peace of mind. Yay for scoring some good finds too!

anna
anna

March 7th, 2012, 8:12 pm #4

Hugs to all!
Sara H
This us so exciting. I am sure u will over use and abuse the doppler at the fist few days, LOL. It's a lot of fun. BTW I already took a trip to pee in the pod, spent lots of time with DH just to look,didn't shop there, I just wanted to be proud and go in there...it was like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time. So I know what u say about actually wearing a prg pant...

March 7th, 2012, 10:39 pm #5

Hugs to all!
Sara H

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanya
Tanya

March 8th, 2012, 12:08 am #6

And thank you again, Tanya! :-) (NT)
Sorry again it took me long

Sara H
Sara H

March 8th, 2012, 12:36 am #7

Who needed your attention 1,000 times more than anyone else!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

(Yes, I have listened 4 times today! Hehehehe! DH said it sounded like a train!)

HUGS!