Water Wars

March 7th, 2011, 11:55 pm #1

We've voted on our favorite characters. Why not escalate that debate to its inevitable conclusion:

This is a simple forum game made up stolen from elsewhere and refined to fit Precocious. Since this forum merely crawls even at its fastest, the game may not draw much interest. That won't stop me from testing the waters, though. (Ed. note: Of course, I just saw the front page announcement. Way to coincide launching this alongside a Precocious break week, Tek.)

The game is a hydrologic variation of the oversaturated Hurt 'n' Heal, inspired by the battle mechanism employed during the Gemstone Estates Gender Wars. This time, however, all 13 kids in Ms. Monster's combined 4th & 5th grade class are targets...and we are the ones hurling the water balloons. Sound good? I hope so...

This is how I'd like to see it play out, in the interest of fairness and wider participation:

---

Rule #1 - No dying.

Rule #2 - The NPC parameters.
>> Each kid starts with 10 HP. Each water balloon attack knocks off 1 of their HP. Once they have 0 HP, they're knocked out of the war.
>> There is no way to heal characters; that would likely extend this war incongruously. (I'm playing this conservatively, if you couldn't guess, out of restraint.)
>> The kids will be ranked at the end according to the order they were knocked out. The winner of the war will be the only kid left standing once the other 12 kids have lost all their HP.
>> The kids can't fight back; they are entirely at our mercy here (for once).

Rule #3 - The PC parameters.
>> You may only target a single kid with each post. Attacks always count; they can't miss. (100% accuracy? Precocites have really high stats, what can I say?)
>> You may post your attacks however you see fit - within the bounds of good taste. Try to keep in mind, though, that this is a water balloon fight. Nuclear weapons and firebreathing dragons need not accompany your assaults. Have some fun with the lexicon, though! "I toss a water balloon at [Kid]. Splat." That is perfectly acceptable. "I unleash a wellspring of unending torment and hydrostatic rage upon the meek and unassuming [Kid]!" That is perfectly acceptable *and* in good fun! "I CHOKE [KID] TO DEATH MWAHA PH33R GLGERLGJ!" That is daft. Please don't act daft.
>> Make sure to tabulate the attacked kid's new-and-one-fewer HP in your post. I don't think it's necessary to copy & paste all of the kids' current HP totals, unless a couple people appear confused.
>> If you knock a kid out, you can either wait for me to post a knockout image and quote...or, if you're game, you can borrow the tools I already set up. This Photobucket album hosts 13 knockout images and corresponding quotes, one for each kid. I'll put up a victory image & quote for the winning kid once the war is over.

Rule #4 - No dynamite.

Rule #5 - The iffy parameters.
>> The most chiefly iffy issue I can foresee is time & count between posts.
>> In the interest of wider participation, I'm going to advise that you allow at least 3 other board members to post before you take another turn.
>> Also, I'm going to suggest that you may only attack a particular kid a maximum of 4 times throughout the entire war.
>> These guidelines are designed to encourage wider participation and prevent one person from chopping off the entirety of one kid's HP. I'm optimistically hoping that over 12 people will participate in this, but even 10 would be ace. If participation is down below 8 (or lower), I'm going to assume there's a general lack of interest and will look to rescind the game.
>> Finally, although this probably needn't be said, Chrispy isn't allowed to participate. >=/ For the record, I won't be participating either unless the battle really hits a dry spot - although, again, that would indicate a lack of interest. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to play along. Just have fun, if you like.

---

That ought to cover everything. I'll edit this post if need be, though, for clarity or any other general revision. I would definitely appreciate feedback of any sort, as well.

Ready your water balloon stock...

Let the water wars begin!

Bud - 10 HP
Autumn - 10 HP
Jacob - 10 HP
Tiffany - 10 HP
Suzette - 10 HP
Dionne - 10 HP
Max - 10 HP
Roddy - 10 HP
Kaitlyn - 10 HP
Quincy - 10 HP
Vincent - 10 HP
Yvette - 10 HP
Xander - 10 HP
~ TekaRainbow Dash: Living the dream. ~

March 8th, 2011, 3:42 am #2

I am out playing with my nifty 'Aeroglide' radio-control airplane (the model with the mini-cam in the nose) and spy Max and Dionne playing Sapphire Bowling from their hilltop vantage. Throttling the engine back for quiet, I put my li'l plane into a shallow dive. At the last moment I hit the release button and then gun the engine to pull away.

<<SPLAT!>>

Circling around again I see Dionne still standing there frozen in shock and still holding her 'bowling' ball; her fancy, pageant hairdo is a sagging, soggy mess.

Max is cringing in horror. He knows he is the only possible target in range to take the brunt of the imminent explosion...

DIONNE: 10 - 1 = 9 HP remaining.
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt

March 8th, 2011, 5:53 am #3

Three streets away, I've dug small trenches in the beaches of another lake and partying like its 1915 in Europe. Using GPS signals picked up from Ed's RC plane to pinpoint the general area of where Roddy currently is.

Firing off a small barrage of water balloons, I discover that the angle of the pneumatic howitzer is off by two degrees, apparently hitting Suzette in the process.

Hearing the loud yell of anger and a sworn oath to hunt down and destroy whoever shot the water balloons. I mutter,'aw crud' and hunker down to await the inevitable.

SUZETTE: 10-1=9 HP Remaining
Yes, that is a terrorist with a cowboy hat on that missile. A Do-It-Yourself Guidance System if you will.

March 8th, 2011, 2:15 pm #4

As today's IWD (International Woman's Day), therefore I request an authorization for a Global Orbital Water Balloon Strike (GOWBS for friends) targeted at all Y chromosome carriers. Do you copy?

(Also happy IWD to every lady on this site!)

March 9th, 2011, 3:58 am #5

I peek slowly from the bushes, eying Xander, water balloon in my hand. I prepared for the right time to strike.

Xander turned around to face me with his eyes lowered. "I can SEE you there," he snorted matter-of-factly.

I shot out of the bushes and flung the balloon at Xander, soaking him..and he proceeded to chase me with his balloon.

Xander: 10 - 1 = 9 HP

March 9th, 2011, 10:03 pm #6

I walk slowly towards the open street with something special. It is big! It is awesome! And it belongs in a water balloon war!
Kaitlyn was the main target!
She recognizes directly that it's an electric-charged water balloon Gatling gun based on the m134 minigun! It has a firing speed of 3000 rounds per minute.
Her face turned peel immediately...
Within a fraction of a second, she was hit by hundreds of water balloons!
wrote:if (Kaitlyn.hit == true)
{
Kaitlyn.HP-=1;
}

March 10th, 2011, 6:31 am #7

Roused from my latest project by the sound of... was that Gatling gun fire? No, no, couldn't have been: that would be silly. Still, so long as I'm here, might as well what the hubbub is. A quick glance out the window reveals a water balloon fight of epic proportions has broken out amongst the neighborhood children.

Dashing back to the hall closet, I find my own hydro-delivery supplies are sorely lacking. One measly balloon. I may not add much to the chaos this day, but I will add something. Taking great care to fill it just so, I step out into the midday sun in search of a target, and I find, hiding in my own yard no less, young Tiffany Et. I let loose my volley, and quickly return to the relative safety of indoors, only to find one Jacob Linkletter, also attempting a sneak attack on the Et girl, now in the path of my balloon.

Eh, close enough. Frankly, I'm surprised he lasted this long without getting hit.

Jacob: 10-1=9 HP

(Note to self: Before this day is up, replenish balloon supplies)

March 10th, 2011, 2:04 pm #8

Do I get authorization or not? Guess not, well can't fault the guy for trying... They don't make those orbital strikes like they used to, now agents gotta manage themselves, oh well... I pack my supplies, apply the camouflage (mask, suit, die my fur green with tissue paper(it's easier to wash off this way)) and head out into the field (woods actually), climb up to the top of some beech tree at the edge of the woods and use my binoculars to scout the area. Well, well... looks like some maniac already broke out the fight. Poor Kate... well thats one objective failed, I knew the only sure way to prevent the madness was to nuke 'em from orbit, but does the command ever listen? Nooooo... looks like the only way to keep things quiet is to eliminate targets one by one as quickly as possible. Wait. Someone's coming... I hide between the upper branches of the tree and carefully peek carefully. Target identified - Suzette Grady. If this one joins the fray things might really get out of control. "As if they haven't already" I think to myself. I wait for my target to move along and when she's far enough away, I slip down into the bushes and set up a heavy pie launcher (©Ecosystems Unlimited), I duct-tape my trusty watter balloon to a raspberry pie. Lock and load, wait for my target to move away to the safety distance, lock on and... FIRE! A waterballoon-pie hits her in the back of the head and it's only then I realize I don't have enough time to dismantle the pie thrower... I use some of my homemade explosives (granny's recipe) to... well, explode the whole thing and barely escape my now furious victim under the cover of smoke and flames, knowing that no one will connect me to the incident... After all "Where there is smoke there are sapphires..."

Suzette 10-1=9 HP

March 10th, 2011, 9:59 pm #9

I walked towards cyfrostan, asked for a piece of pie and used it to build a giant black hole. I threw some water balloons in it combined with some more pie...
My calculations were correct! Cyfrostan recalculated the piece and came to this formula:

(pi * pie)/infinity + m * c² = die hard pie water balloon.

tekaramity threw some cookies in it! And the black hole exploded with a massive amount of water balloons. It was splashy!
Accidently, Vincent got hit by one of those water balloons...

Vincent / ammout of luck - number of water balloons = 10 - 1 = 9HP left...

March 11th, 2011, 1:11 am #10

I am walking along the sidewalk and juggling three water balloons at the same time. Turns out this may not have been the smartest thing I've ever done.

Walking and juggling at the same time, I keep my eyes turned up and focused on the water balloons. That's my only excuse for tripping over the cute little calico sitting and drawing pictures on the sidewalk. I manage a quick forward roll to avoid falling on her and come up smiling, happy to have saved two of my balloons anyway.

My smile doesn't last long. Seems the third water balloon landed squarely between Tiffany's fuzzy little ears; now it's dripping onto her sidewalk drawing as she silently glares up at me.

Stammering madly I try to apologize, but the only word she lets me get out is...

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany: 10-1 = 9 HP remaining
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt