Help with a banning

February 15th, 2018, 6:02 am #1

I've apparently been banned from commenting on Precocious since the beginning of the year, and I have no idea what I might have done wrong. My only good theory was that I made a comment on the strip from new years eve pointing out a typo in the alt-text. (The comment in question has since been deleted and the typo fixed.) But I can still use this forum, and I figure if I make my problem public knowledge, I might at least have a light shed on it.
I was once banned from commenting on the comic for what seemed like no apparent reason. If it happens to you, you're welcome to use the thread I created for calling for help.

February 15th, 2018, 6:25 am #2

Well that's no fun...
What happens when you try to comment? Could it be related to IntenseDebate and maybe its guidelines? Did you contact Chrispy about it? If it gets too big a hassle, registering with Wordpress works for me.
Hopeless Wanderer...

You are the Hopeless Wanderer.

You find yourself in a dungeon and are being hunted by a grue. Poor Hopeless Wanderer! If it catches you you'll wish you weren't so helpless.
There is a shiny SUIT of Armor nearby. You see your FAVOURITE FOOD. Behind your FAVOURITE FOOD a MASK lies. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTHEAST, DENNYS, and NOWHERES!

What will you do, Hopeless Wanderer?

February 15th, 2018, 5:36 pm #3

It says my comment was deleted by the administrator. So far, I've sent two tickets to Intensedebate support, and one email to Chrispy. Haven't heard back from either.
I was once banned from commenting on the comic for what seemed like no apparent reason. If it happens to you, you're welcome to use the thread I created for calling for help.

February 15th, 2018, 8:03 pm #4

If the email was sent more than like a couple days ago, I'd send another one, or go onto his tumblr and ask him. He only seems to regularly post on twitter, but I only know how the anonymous questions thing works for tumblr... or I could make a comment on the comic about it.
When you get his attention, see if he can do this for you (IntenseDebate):
wrote:Our spam filters are very powerful… sometimes too powerful and can cause false hits. If you notice that a particular commenter is routinely flagged as spam, add their IntenseDebate or WordPress.com username or email address, and ensure that their comments are always approved.
Hopeless Wanderer...

You find yourself in a dungeon and are being hunted by a grue. Poor Hopeless Wanderer! If it catches you you'll wish you weren't so helpless.
There is a shiny SUIT of Armor nearby. You see your FAVOURITE FOOD. Behind your FAVOURITE FOOD a MASK lies. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTHEAST, DENNYS, and NOWHERES!

February 15th, 2018, 8:19 pm #5

I think I might have tried his Tumblr too. I'm not on twitter and I don't think this is quite worth making an account for, so if you're willing to speak on my behalf, go ahead.

February 18th, 2018, 12:26 am #6

You know, I think something off is going on with how IntenseDebate handles comment deletion. Did Chrispy fix your status or email you back?
Hopeless Wanderer...

February 18th, 2018, 1:24 am #7

Still banned, and your comment for me got deleted. I'd almost call this suspicious.

February 18th, 2018, 3:18 am #8

I agree... I also recall something similar happening last year or something... I've been trying to find something about it in the comment section... I should have led with a different picture, because I believe Chrispy might have thought I was copying the guy's unfavorable mindset along with the cute and quite searchable pic. Part of me wants to use multiple devices to repost the issue in case there is a chance I'll get banned over it (I doubt it, but I'm still anxious), but I'll only do that when all other methods fail, including registering to twitter just to get a response 'cause I call it bad form to actually spam the section when all other likely/viable methods haven't been exhausted. This whole thing was to get him to see the problem and at least talk about it, since the issue hasn't survived in the comment section up to this point. If anyone else remembers seeing the post from a while ago as well, that helps our case, so please speak up.

Okay, I just sent an email to chrispco@yahoo.com. I'll see about working with other alternatives tomorrow afternoon.

To any future forum crawlers, thanks for coming, first of all! It is great to support the community! Secondly, Chrispy constantly faces multiple pains and (as stated in the comic multiple times since around 2012) as such cannot focus on harrowing tasks without receiving major headache. Don't take our dilemma to mean Chrispy should try harder for us. He does not owe us anything.
You think so too, right Averagemoe? : )
Hopeless Wanderer...

February 18th, 2018, 4:02 am #9

Yeah, we really shouldn't be putting this on Chrispy's shoulders. That said, he might have mentioned something somewhere about the website itself being maintained by someone else, so I think the least he can do is tell the webmaster about it.

February 19th, 2018, 4:18 am #10

Before I begin to make greater strides in contacting Chrispy, I want to gather all of the information I can to make my sincerity as clear as possible. Like, did he find your typo fix suggestion rude or did he just say "fixed" and casually delete the comment as moderators usually should to keep the comment section as clean as they want?
Hopeless Wanderer...