Currently watching ...

Ade
Beth-anorak
Ade
Beth-anorak

October 27th, 2008, 9:46 pm #1

What are you currently addicted to on TV?

For me:

The Office U.S. - I am totally addicted to this show. I even sneak off in work to watch it on Friday morning, as I can't wait until I get home. I also have a Dwight Schrute bobblehead, as they are so awesome, and I had to get one, despite it being nearly impossible to get in the UK

The Big Bang Theory - I love the nerdiness, and the quite poor humour, and Kaley Cuoco.

Simpsons - nuff said

Family Guy - much better than the Simpsons, these days.

Prison Break - Great Drama

Have I got news for you - still one of the best panel shows on TV

Mock the Week - Frankie Boyle is a bad man.
Went to the JobCentre today, and the Army were there going "Be the Best" ... now T-Mobile just told me I didn't have the qualifications to sell phones, Microsoft said I didn't have the qualifications to answer the phones, and the Army want to let me loose with a machine gun?

rc.cope
Beth-anorak
rc.cope
Beth-anorak

October 27th, 2008, 10:04 pm #2

Aside from sports, my fav show is House. Hugh Laurie is just a dag gone genius. And Lisa Edelstine is hot beyond belief.
I also like My Name Is Earl. Funny stuff from Earl and his brother, and Jamie Pressley and the girl who plays Catalina are just so fun to look at.
After that, my wife hogs the HD for shows like Law and Order and CSI NY and Miami. It's ok though. There's always football for me.
BTW, how did the San Diego vs New Orleans game play out in the UK? For me it was a great game...what did you think?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Ade
Beth-anorak
Ade
Beth-anorak

October 27th, 2008, 11:02 pm #3

it was wet, and boring. I did watch about 20 mins though, when they were trying to determine whether the dude caught the ball, or whether it touched the floor.

When the action is going, it's a good game. But it's the 5 minutes of nothing in between the plays that annoys me. Rugby definitely has the edge there.
Went to the JobCentre today, and the Army were there going "Be the Best" ... now T-Mobile just told me I didn't have the qualifications to sell phones, Microsoft said I didn't have the qualifications to answer the phones, and the Army want to let me loose with a machine gun?

rc.cope
Beth-anorak
rc.cope
Beth-anorak

October 27th, 2008, 11:20 pm #4

I will agree with you there. To constantly scrutonize plays in slo-mo is stupid. It hurts the continuity of the game. It is why they have officials in the first place.
On the other hand, when you have a game with lots of action and scoring, it is hard to beat.
The reason for all this is that before long London will have an NFL team. The fan base is already there. The SD-NO game sold out in 23 minutes. It would make the game more global. You might see Tokyo with a team also.

Walrus
Beth-maniac
Walrus
Beth-maniac

October 28th, 2008, 9:18 pm #5

Addicted to Lost and Heroes. Heroes has especially been good this season, after the disaster that was Season 2. It's not as good as when the show first started, but this season has definitely had a darker tone, which I like.

The only comedies I still keep up with are The Office and Californication. Californication might be the funniest thing I've seen on TV since Coupling ended. Duchovny is AWESOME.
-Steve C.

Ade
Beth-anorak
Ade
Beth-anorak

October 28th, 2008, 10:00 pm #6

The only thing I have seen of that was Duchovny snorting coke off a hooker. Didn't even realise it was a comedy :wtf:

The office is just amazing. I'm somewhere in between Andy and Dwight.

rc.cope
Beth-anorak
rc.cope
Beth-anorak

October 28th, 2008, 10:52 pm #7

It's funny, but I can't get into the Office. Perhaps It was because I once worked in an office with the biggest suck asses I ever knew.
Anybody ever watch Chuck?

trailer pete
Beth-fundamentalist
trailer pete
Beth-fundamentalist

October 29th, 2008, 7:23 pm #8

californication (just brought s1 box set)
family guy
my name is earl
two and a half men

oh and new series of spooks just started :-)

so tell me what neil young said, you pick a flower then it's dead

Ali
Beth-anorak
Ali
Beth-anorak

October 29th, 2008, 8:16 pm #9

Spooks ... compulsive viewing!!

I am beginning to get a little bored with Heroes though. Thought the first two series were brilliant, and this one has its moments, but I'm in danger of losing interest.

Now you're sittin' on a Paris train, laughing at your own jokes again

kikisfishy
Beth-anorak
kikisfishy
Beth-anorak

October 29th, 2008, 10:50 pm #10

dexter season 3 has been good so far
harry hills tv burp has started up again
and ill admit it started watching clone wars cartoon