Travel in "Live it!"

Any new idea or concept on PowerPoint Games? Share and discuss them here!

[READ POST BELOW FIRST] Which of the following places should be included in "Live it!"?

France - Paris
3
15%
Italy - Rome
1
5%
Spain - Madrid
1
5%
China - Beijing
2
10%
Japan - Tokyo
3
15%
Russia - Moscow
1
5%
Germany - Berlin
1
5%
Egypt - Cairo
2
10%
India - New Delhi
2
10%
Greece - Athens
3
15%
Other - Please post a reply below with ideas!
1
5%
 
Total votes: 20

Travel in "Live it!"

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

28 Mar 2012, 18:34 #1

Hello all!

As part of "Live it!", a feature that allows players to take their characters to other countries around to globe will be implemented.

In each location, items, clothes and collectibles that are unique to that place will be added.

Each location will have its own style, look and feel.

Could you please select the place you would most like to see included in "Live it!"

If you don't know any of the places, a quick Google image search or Wikipedia search should help you! :)

Please post explanations, and if you would like more than one to be included above all others, please post them all so I have a better understanding of what people will want to be included.

I will include anywhere from 3-6 places in the game, but preferably no more unless it is rightly justified.

Thanks in advance!

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

Dinodan
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 14:21

28 Mar 2012, 18:54 #2

I don't know but does "Live it" have any type of fighting in it i so thats the reason i chose Greece - Athens and i forgot how to choose 2 at once so i would also choose Italy - Rome for the same reason however if not they are both nice places anyway i could imagine a collectable from Italy - Rome which would be "Roman Coins"
Games
Trampoline Tricks : Released!
Trampoline Tricks 2 : Released!

My signature has been the same since 2010 well no more 24/02/2012 I'm Back - Once again i'm back 29/03/2013 - I literally return once a year to check if this place is active again, shame it's not :'( 12/02/2014 - Still dead 22/03/2015
Reply

(-_-)
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 22:03

28 Mar 2012, 22:04 #3

I was right about to press other when I saw Japan. For sure, not just Japan will be included, but should be since, well your implemented anime-format right (Ooohh how happy I am to post that to everyone)? That's one of the few main reasons.

As you mentioned a certain 'somewhere' Callum, France is another one that I think should be included, that's because of the specific items they have, and architecture, it's quite different from where I'm from (USA) this way there will be more diversity.

I was quite surprised when 'Washington' wasn't there :P, cause im sure all people in Europe, and Asia both consider Amercians 'thier' foreigners. Washington could also be added since it's somewhat related to Japan, (Blame my watching of alot of anime but) yes, they do talk about having these 'transfer' students from america whom have studied Japanese to enter there schools. Wouldn't be the same witout it :P

HOWEVER:


Maybe some people in Japan should just be referenced to America, and not actually going to America be an option. England, that one place is also really daring to go to, and again because of the architecture

I also agree with Dino when he says there should be Italy, and for the same reasons, but it's also for my love of 'Hetalia'
'Live It!' Project

Character Artist/'Idea Generator'
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

28 Mar 2012, 22:29 #4

I didn't include Washington D.C. or London in the list as the majority of people that would play the game would be from America and the United Kingdom.

Thinking about it though, provided that the game isn't set in a specific country that wouldn't matter, as it would still count as travelling. ;)

I agree that France would seem logical because of its links to certain aspects of the game, Italy is also full of history so the creation of loads of collectible items would be good there, and japan could easily be home to the more modern items in the game.

One idea that was sent to me via a PM a long time ago now, was that people in your neighborhood could ask you to do things that require you to travel abroad. For instance, your boss could ask you to personally deliver a contract to the Japanese branch of the company who would reward you with an item unique to that country upon completion.

Another idea was storylines in each country in which you must ask locals if they need any help, and in return they could give you anything from an item or money, to a secret about that country that could help you find a very rare hidden collectible.

I aim to start work on the travel system at about 60% into the game, so if I stay on schedule that will be around August/September time.

I just need to create a list of all collectibles as part of the games planning before major work starts on it. :)

Sorry guys, I tend to ramble a lot; thanks for your help so far!

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

(-_-)
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 22:03

28 Mar 2012, 22:51 #5

"One idea that was sent to me via a PM a long time ago now, was that people in your neighborhood could ask you to do things that require you to travel abroad. For instance, your boss could ask you to personally deliver a contract to the Japanese branch of the company who would reward you with an item unique to that country upon completion.

Another idea was storylines in each country in which you must ask locals if they need any help, and in return they could give you anything from an item or money, to a secret about that country that could help you find a very rare hidden collectible."


I heard STORYLINE O_O

You must focus on it storyline, it's like the best part in any game >.< some touching storyline with shizzy graphics, i'd pay it, although something as good as anything from 'Key' is hard to do O.o

realizing what I just wrote a minute ago, and now going back on topic, those ideas sound very nice, but the first paragraph part (Regarding you to travel abroad) sounds extra special. BUT there should be a set time limit, like 1 week to deliver this 'message' or 'delivery' or something or 'contract', and during that time you could get some rare stuff that would literally, be really hard to get, since after all, how many times will you ever go to the US :D

You could even meet new people, and if your lucky enough, you could get a chance to 'study' in those places, and maybe even get a job there, to permenantly stay there that is

(I meant to have it locked to one of the places you can goto without triggering another event to go to that 'Abroad' place)
'Live It!' Project

Character Artist/'Idea Generator'
Reply

CeranBlade
PowerPoint Enthusiast
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 00:15

28 Mar 2012, 22:54 #6

All this seems too good to be true in a PowerPoint game.
The plans for Live it are kladjldfjksalhing huge!
-You have the right remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

-Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I know you really want to join some contests.
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

28 Mar 2012, 22:57 #7

(&#045;_&#045;) @ Mar 28 2012, 11:51 PM wrote: BUT there should be a set time limit, like 1 week to deliver this 'message' or 'delivery' or something or 'contract', and during that time you could get some rare stuff that would literally, be really hard to get, since after all, how many times will you ever go to the US :D

You could even meet new people, and if your lucky enough, you could get a chance to 'study' in those places, and maybe even get a job there, to permenantly stay there that is

(I meant to have it locked to one of the places you can goto without triggering another event to go to that 'Abroad' place)
All possibilities!

I will need to plan every aspect of the game over the coming week so we know exactly what we need to do, what features will be included, how we're going to do them, everything.

The reason that most games here don't work is because they aren't planned, or not properly anyway.

I agree that the player shouldn't have an infinite amount of time to complete their foreign task; otherwise they could just stay in the country forever and not complete the task... ;)

Visits to other countries should also have time limits; the more familiarised you are with a place, the more time you can spend there (probably caped at about 4 in-game weeks, unless living there).

SO MANY IDEAS shocked1

It's better than having none though.. ;)

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

(-_-)
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 22:03

30 Mar 2012, 00:35 #8

Callum, should I post, actually no, could you post our entire 'discussion' onto the boards?

This way, more discussion could happen, and thus, a new topic also containing 'Live it!' Ideas.

I deleted my entire inbox on accident -_-
'Live It!' Project

Character Artist/'Idea Generator'
Reply

cfasgames
PowerPoint Master
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 03:54

30 Mar 2012, 03:28 #9

Vegas- United States
Explain details? Casinos, strip clubs and all that. :P


Current project progress:
STREETS Bang 2- Released
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

30 Mar 2012, 17:14 #10

(&#045;_&#045;) @ Mar 30 2012, 01:35 AM wrote: Callum, should I post, actually no, could you post our entire 'discussion' onto the boards?

This way, more discussion could happen, and thus, a new topic also containing 'Live it!' Ideas.

I deleted my entire inbox on accident -_-
Sadly the amount of PMs that we can store is tiny so I often have to clear my inbox!

I have our messages up to yesterday stored, but I have all of our messages written down in note form.

I shall collate all of our ideas and make a post in a few days. :)

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

30 Mar 2012, 17:17 #11

cfasgames @ Mar 30 2012, 04:28 AM wrote: Vegas- United States
Explain details? Casinos, strip clubs and all that. :P
Interesting suggestion!

It would certainly have lots of unique minigames, but I'm not sure if gambling-oriented places should be included (for obvious moral reasons).

I will still think about it though.

Thanks for your idea! :)

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

Dinodan
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 14:21

30 Mar 2012, 18:17 #12

Dinodan @ Mar 28 2012, 06:54 PM wrote:I don't know but does "Live it" have any type of fighting in it i so thats the reason i chose Greece - Athens and i forgot how to choose 2 at once so i would also choose Italy - Rome for the same reason however if not they are both nice places anyway i could imagine a collectable from Italy - Rome which would be "Roman Coins"
Callum, did you see this post of mine you didnt reply too it.
Games
Trampoline Tricks : Released!
Trampoline Tricks 2 : Released!

My signature has been the same since 2010 well no more 24/02/2012 I'm Back - Once again i'm back 29/03/2013 - I literally return once a year to check if this place is active again, shame it's not :'( 12/02/2014 - Still dead 22/03/2015
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

30 Mar 2012, 21:37 #13

Dinodan @ Mar 30 2012, 07:17 PM wrote:
Dinodan @ Mar 28 2012, 06:54 PM wrote:I don't know but does "Live it" have any type of fighting in it i so thats the reason i chose Greece - Athens and i forgot how to choose 2 at once so i would also choose Italy - Rome for the same reason however if not they are both nice places anyway i could imagine a collectable from Italy - Rome which would be "Roman Coins"
Callum, did you see this post of mine you didnt reply too it.
Sorry Dinodan, I didn't see it.

"Live it!" won't have any fighting no, but it will have an adventurous side to it.

I love the idea of a "Roman Coins" collection for the game; they could be hidden all over the city. :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply

Dinodan
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 14:21

30 Mar 2012, 22:36 #14

Glad you go to see it now i just had to check :P, the roman coins all around town really does improve to what i was thinking (a pile of coins in one place)
Games
Trampoline Tricks : Released!
Trampoline Tricks 2 : Released!

My signature has been the same since 2010 well no more 24/02/2012 I'm Back - Once again i'm back 29/03/2013 - I literally return once a year to check if this place is active again, shame it's not :'( 12/02/2014 - Still dead 22/03/2015
Reply

Callum's Projects
PowerPoint Guru
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 19:19

31 Mar 2012, 10:44 #15

If I put a whole collection in one place, every item in it would have the same value.

If I hide the items in collections, then the ones in harder hiding places will be worth more.

The ones that require storylines to be completed will be worth much more. :)

'Live it!' Project

Project Manager / Lead Developer
[/align]
Reply