the size of the project !

Need help on using PowerPoint? If they are general enquiries or technical issues on PowerPoint, post them here.

the size of the project !

MEGA.K
Regular
MEGA.K
Regular

24 Apr 2012, 22:45 #1

hello everyone :)
lets say i am creating tic-tac-toe game with AI gameplay !
i need hundreds of slides to do that, but then the size of the file gonna be very big ( more than 200mb ).
so is there any way to reduce the size or any tips i can follow ?
thnx a lot

Zealous
PowerPoint Master
Zealous
PowerPoint Master

25 Apr 2012, 08:42 #2

Well there would be a possibility of 31,896 slides to make up for most moves in the game. But thats unlikely - if possible, try to pile up all the possible moves on the slide using triggers - trigger the click of one of the 9 to something that happens within the slide, until the animation gets too complicated for you to understand then link it outwards to more slides.

MEGA.K
Regular
MEGA.K
Regular

25 Apr 2012, 13:43 #3

Zealous: thnx for the information:)
but for me its not animation its a game, and its impossible to do what u said ! i need many slides for my game

thebadguysquad
PowerPoint Addict
thebadguysquad
PowerPoint Addict

30 Apr 2012, 13:46 #4

The one easiest (and hardest) solution; VBA. It offers a smaller size overall and fewer slides.

Scripting is difficult to learn and takes quite a while to figure everything out. Otherwise, using slides for everything would be tedious.

Unfortunately, you need scripting to do most anything that isn't a maze game or gadget. Tic-Tac-Toe may be simple, but it's actually surprisingly hard.

Sorry I can't help much other than suggest VBA coding. I wish you luck!
^ Isn't that the most beautiful dotted line you've ever seen?

Current Projects:
Infinite Horizon 2: New Prospect

MrWaffleBucket and I have a Let's Play channel! If you enjoy video games, you might want to check us out! BansheeBucketLPs

Currently using PowerPoint 2010