Repeat of sound in slides

Need help on using PowerPoint? If they are general enquiries or technical issues on PowerPoint, post them here.

Repeat of sound in slides

MrFish
Newcomer
MrFish
Newcomer

25 Jan 2017, 23:08 #1

I have Powerpoint 2013.
I made a short test presentation to be used at a kiosk. The title page has hyperlinks to other slides. These other slides have embedded sounds that play when the slide is shown. There's a home button on these slides that takes the user back to the title page. If they select the same hyperlink again the slide will load, but the sound WILL NOT PLAY a second time.
What am I doing wrong?

albinopygmy
PowerPoint Addict
albinopygmy
PowerPoint Addict

28 Jan 2017, 04:01 #2

How do you have the sound triggered on your home slide? By transition, or animation?

Do you want the sound to play immediately when you go back home? If so, you can add the sound to the button you have hyperlinked to the slide. In the action settings window, at the very bottom you can add your sound file to be triggered when you click that button.

MrFish
Newcomer
MrFish
Newcomer

29 Jan 2017, 20:07 #3

There is no sound on the home slide. I just have sound inserted on the subsequent slides to play automatically when that slide is selected from hyperlinks on the home slide. The sound plays automatically when a slide is selected, but ONLY the first time. If I go to the home slide again and select the hyperlink to another slide again, the sound does not play.

albinopygmy
PowerPoint Addict
albinopygmy
PowerPoint Addict

29 Jan 2017, 22:05 #4

Try applying your sound as an action setting to your button. You can do that by using the feature at the bottom of this window. Open the pull down and select other sound, and link your .wav file. It will play every time you click that button and it'll take you to another slide if you choose to do so above.

MrFish
Newcomer
MrFish
Newcomer

30 Jan 2017, 03:16 #5

Yes I think that will work.
Thank you!