Nelara's Awakening. Original PowerPoint RPG

Any new idea or concept on PowerPoint Games? Share and discuss them here!

Nelara's Awakening. Original PowerPoint RPG

00Avp
Newcomer

15 Apr 2012, 16:40 #1

Hello everyone. It may be more than obvious that i'm very new to this site, however I am not new to the content. At my school there is a thing called a Sr.Project. I don't know how many schools out there have it, but in my senior year I have to do a difficult project. My project was to create an original RPG using PowerPoint. When it was finished I am required to post it here.

Project Name: NELARA’S AWAKENING
Creators (and Co-Creators if any): Alexander Avila
Estimated Release Date: 2012/4/15 (released)
Description of Project:
• Nelara’s awakening is a game about a hero who sets out on a quest to defeat an evil necromancer who has set everyone in the world of Vetramal into fear.

Genre: Role-Playing Game
Description of how it will be done:
• Nelara’s Awakening uses several different custom animations, action settings and other sorts. This part of the formal setup is a little confusing.
Screenshots: (I'm not sure how to do pictures...weird...I know a lot about computers but I can't upload pictures to a website. Can someone help me with that?)

I'm not sure how to do download links for this site and I really don't have the time to learn due to the fact the project needs to be posted today. Instead I will post a mediafire link. The download includes both the full game and a DEMO.Nelara's Awakening Download

When you play the game you will need to know that checkmarks are buttons and boxes with text on them are also buttons. (Boxes with text on them that aren't buttons usually have a checkmark near them or some other link near them.)

It may be important to mention that although it says it may not work on 2010 you should remember that it said "may" not work. I have not tested this on anything above 07. You can try it on 2010, but just dont freak out over bugs because of higher level version of PPT. (In other words if you have 2010+ just try it anyway and see what happens)

I did my best to make sure the music would work, but if it doesn't then the game will not be nearly as good or fun. (Just a heads up for everyone. I did my best on the grammer to, but I completly messed up on the slide just before the credits. A word says "build" when it should say "built" and it is to late to fix it.)

Applecot
PowerPoint Elite

15 Apr 2012, 20:02 #2

Welcome to PPT Heaven!

I like the idea of this game. However, you'll have to edit your post so it follows the formal announcement guidelines. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's how this forum works.

Here's a link to the template: http://z11.invisionfree.com/pptheaven/i ... wtopic=506

I will download your game shortly. :)

Progress: 35%
~
PowerPoint 2010/2011 User

CeranBlade
PowerPoint Enthusiast

15 Apr 2012, 20:29 #3

Disappointed, because I use 2010 :(
A lot of music used, though. Noticed two from HalyconicFalconX, composer of music found in Epic Battle Fantasy ;)
-You have the right remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

-Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I know you really want to join some contests.

00Avp
Newcomer

16 Apr 2012, 00:31 #4

Applecot @ Apr 15 2012, 08:02 PM wrote: Welcome to PPT Heaven!

I like the idea of this game. However, you'll have to edit your post so it follows the formal announcement guidelines. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's how this forum works.

Here's a link to the template: http://z11.invisionfree.com/pptheaven/i ... wtopic=506

I will download your game shortly. :)
Thank you for your help!

00Avp
Newcomer

16 Apr 2012, 00:34 #5

CeranBlade @ Apr 15 2012, 08:29 PM wrote: Disappointed, because I use 2010 :(
A lot of music used, though. Noticed two from HalyconicFalconX, composer of music found in Epic Battle Fantasy ;)
Updated part of the post just for you and your 2010 problem :D
Also all music artist and sound artist are credited (in the credits lol) You'll probably notice all music is from newgrounds and soundeffects from freesound

(-_-)
PowerPoint Guru

16 Apr 2012, 03:39 #6

00Avp @ Apr 15 2012, 04:40 PM wrote: (I'm not sure how to do pictures...weird...I know a lot about computers but I can't upload pictures to a website. Can someone help me with that?)
1) Well, I suggest going to ImageShack, and right at the front page, theres the upload button.
2) There is a save option on powerpoint to turn the slides into images such as .png and a few others.
3) After you save the slides (Or screenshots,) upload the image to ImageShack, then copy in the 'Forum Code'
4) Edit the forum code out so that there are only the [img] tags (No URL tag, and no 'Uploaded with imageshack')

That still may not be clear...
'Live It!' Project

Character Artist/'Idea Generator'

00Avp
Newcomer

17 Apr 2012, 00:50 #7

(-_-) @ Apr 16 2012, 03:39 AM wrote: 1) Well, I suggest going to ImageShack, and right at the front page, theres the upload button.
2) There is a save option on powerpoint to turn the slides into images such as .png and a few others.
3) After you save the slides (Or screenshots,) upload the image to ImageShack, then copy in the 'Forum Code'
4) Edit the forum code out so that there are only the [img] tags (No URL tag, and no 'Uploaded with imageshack')

That still may not be clear...
You lost me on step 4. Can you give an example? of what that looks like?