how to do a fast lap

how to do a fast lap

August 11th, 2010, 8:00 pm #1

Hi, there!
I was playing powerslide for some years, but it´s long ago. Some weeks ago, I re-started powersliding and tried to beat my own records and then searched the internet for some tips and tricks to improve my line around the tracks. I have beaten some ratbag records, but i have no idea, how you did those top laps (e.g. nutopia BCD 57:92, my best is 1:04:18 or mineshafted grim 1:15:76, my best is 1:28:43). There are worlds between!
I´m using autos-shifting and the keys for steering, maybe it´s because of that.
Can someone give me some hints, how to improve powersliding?
Are there any videos where I can see the raceline to even get close to these records?

It would be nice, if someone can help me!

pk

August 12th, 2010, 11:21 am #2

BCD's hot lap was in the super car league and he had a great time that night. The mineshaft deal is you have to use Hawk's pass for the only shortcut in the game and it cuts a lot of time off the lap times and everyone used Hawk's pass in ladder matches and fun races.
You must use shifting and ebraking to keep tight in all corners as this will keep you laps lower and get better times on all tracks.
Still use ICQ here and you can beep me on there and we can talk about it or race the game some and could give you a few pointers.
Buckeye and Pepper and Dryslick were three of the best racers I ever saw in this game and they were great at it.
My ICQ # is 60-743-551 if you want to chat about it some or get together and race some.

August 31st, 2010, 8:40 pm #3

thank you for your reply!
well, the supercar makes sence...
i only play the game offline only with the normal cars, maybe i have tested the supercar but this is long ago. maybe i try the supercar and come close to one of the hotlaps. i know the shortcut at mineshafted, i discovered it just by driving around and exploring the map. but what is the fastest way through the slimepit at mineshafted? the shortest should be the left, but its very hard take it fast. so i always take the way to the right with full speed, and the middle is way to slow.

September 1st, 2010, 8:02 pm #4

The mineshaft speed will only stay up if you take the left side and go by the little ramp. It is tricky staying out of the slime pit but with a little practice you should be able to take that turn and make it and get super good times on that track.
Just get yourself a little swing with car headed out to the slime and bring her back hard for the shortest and fastest route by the little ramp on the left and you are home free.

September 2nd, 2010, 7:08 pm #5

where exactly is hawks pass? you wrote that it cuts off a lot of time at mineshafted. is this the alternate route when you coming out of the second tunnel, into the wide open area, the track is heading right and you have to go straight ahead towards the left side of the big machinery, then a 180 degree turn to the right and then going towards the small tunnel right before the big ramp? i thought this is only an alternate route and no shortcut like going through the gas station in nutopia. actually i´m not faster on that route.
after some slimepit-runs, the left route works.

September 2nd, 2010, 8:17 pm #6

Is right after the second tunnel but you go a little left and ride on the left side of the little hump there and in a few trys you can shoot up the wall and land on top right by the guard rail. Couple trys and you will pick it right up look closely at the wall and you will see a smooth spot to shoot right up there and be gone cuts lots of time off. That is Hawk's Pass or the short cut. Hawkeye discovered it and everyone started using it in ladder matches and regular races it turned out to be everyone's favorite and no time penalty for using it on faster times.

September 4th, 2010, 1:07 pm #7

Never knew it was Hawkeye who discovered hawks pass. How long ago it had been? ~10 years?

September 5th, 2010, 12:57 pm #8

So much time has gone by so fast. Hawkeye will celebrate his 64th birthday this month on Sept. 17th go Hawkeye go and enjoying his retirement to the fullest now.
We still talk on the phone to this day ever other week to keep one another straight.

September 7th, 2010, 10:45 am #9

gl to you all old sliders and happy birthday to Hawkeye! I gonna celebrate on sept. 20th, 26 years old :)

September 7th, 2010, 8:56 pm #10

Yes things are moving along pretty darn fast for some of us older sliders now.Nothing we can do but hold on and do the best we can each and everyday.