Zombie siege campaign, part one

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

April 28th, 2018, 8:11 am #1

So finally we had a Zombie Siege game together, me and Mark.
We see it as the beginning of a campaign, but you know how it goes... sometimes you can wish but if the wish will come thru ???

Anyway, again I apologize cause the setting and the mini's you seen before.
Mark has his own mini's, but only one of them is starting out in this game.

Cause, as this is the first of what supposed to become a campaign, we started out, again, in one of the post apoc settlements somewhere in the wastes...
2 grey Z's spawning points at the top left (section 2) and middle right (section 3).
3 red loot tokens, 1 middle left (section 4), 1 bottom left (not on the foto, sector 6) and 1 bottom right (not on the foto, section 5)
Also 2 cars in working condition where randomly placed at top left (section 2) and bottom right (section 5)

We start out with only one mini, hoping to find some allies during the campaign.
The objective is to make a break out of the zombie infested camp finding a functional and gassed up car.
My team leader is Vanja, bad luck at the random start placing, he ends up in sector 2 next to a Z spawning point... (we will place zombie spawns at the edge of the board next time).

So his first moves are spend on outrunning the creeps. And although he, already early in the game, finds petrol, the only car he sees, which could be in working order, is also in sector 1 and by now engulfed by Z's. Vanja is actually panicing a bit because in his flight he forgets to pick up the loot in section 4 (just behind the bunker in above pic).

Meanwhile Mark's leader is silently sneaking and checking out the buildings in section 1, her starting point. She is hardly noticed by any zombies and can search relatively unbothered. (maybe change the rules so that running also makes a noise ?) Soon she finds some food and petrol.

To be continued...

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

April 28th, 2018, 8:53 am #2

Here we find Vanja again in a tight spot searching a shack but only to find 3 Z's. Surprising him 2 of them succeed in biting him so he will turn in ... 6 rounds.

So he still lives, worried about being infected, but no time to check on his wounds, followed by a big hord of zombies lights seem to go dim for him.
There is still one loot token he can reach maybe before turning and one more shack to search but it is placed in a dead end street... He takes the risk, he has little to loose at this point in the game...
Then some luck, he finds a flamethrower (we will ad BS to it in the rules section)

First attempt... he can't get the thing started, second attempt, zombies are still closing in...then suddenly it goes off scorching 4 Z's (= 4 credits worth) and saving what is left of his live, for now (3 rounds before turning).

But the game ends here. Esher has reached the main objective, she has petrol and a (flame throwing) car.

After match calculations :

Team Vanja:
most important: the game ended before he turned so he still lives. The last loot token he could reach only accounted for 1 credit, but killing 4 Z's = + 4 credits, total of 5 credits.
He also found a flamethrower.

Team Escher:
found: 1 food, and 2 petrol and a car. Which means she can start the next game driving a car which will be of great advantage cause (hopefully) next up...the dessert planes. She also found a 5 credit loot token.

Adjustments I will make to the to the rules:
*(maybe) running (20 cm, no other action) creates also noise (?)
* add BS calculation when using the flame thrower
* the advantage of a scope will be adding BS to the shooter (not as it was: changing the reach from 30 to 40 cm)
* Most important change: we will add an upkeep of 2 credits per gang member in the in-between games time.
Meaning, we both earned 5 credits, and are now both left with 3 after upkeep, not enough to roll/buy anything on the loot 66 list (you need 5 credits for that)
*Mark want to adjust the rules by adding XP points (based an an old Necromunda list) but he can't find the list and it all seems somewhat to complicated for me.

We will see, next game maybe ?

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

April 28th, 2018, 12:48 pm #3

Great game. It looked a lot of fun. Nice terrain.

A simple XP system is to grant 1xp to each figure who survives, +1xp to each surviving figure on the winning side and 1xp to a figure nominated as Man/Woman of the game chosen by the winner. This should be based on which figure performs best.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

April 28th, 2018, 1:28 pm #4

I like the Xp idea you are suggesting MBG.

But...question is still stays, 'what do you 'buy/get' with this XP ?

Maybe your BS or WS gets better, but this is already possible with some of the loot items (I think a sword/knife adds WS and scope upgrades the shooters BS,...)
So what is the point then ?

Maybe things will be clear if I can see this old school Necromunda list Mark is referring to.

Think I will prime some mini's/zombies now. Thanks for the 'dipping tip' MBG i will look into it.

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

April 28th, 2018, 4:28 pm #5

XP's can 'buy' skills. For instance a fellow has been playing X games and he has collected enough experience to increase his knife skill, maybe a +1 to strike, or an extra die of damage once a game. Those kind of things you should think of 'buying'. A Medic has X amount of experience, they might earn a skill one one reroll in a game to heal someone. A leader earns the ability to keep one gang member from routing during a game. The purchases don't need to be too strong so the game won't become to unbalanced.