The post apoc vehicles of Homer

Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller
Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller

9:40 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #1

More on the way, but thought I would go ahead and tease this here:

I bought three of these "Cars" cars. No idea what the character name is, but I love the style as I feel like it has that great Corvega style to it. This one still run, which makes it a rarity. The irony is that there is plenty of gas, but in a world where factories pretty well shut down, and there aren't really warehouses to order from, there just aren't parts. Liam, one of the few mechanics, can get a lot of miles out of this beauty, but there is a scary amount of duct tape under that hood. 

Roof rack is sprue, granny grating, and some various bits. While this particular vehicle hasn't been tricked out too much, the second in this series has been up-armored and the engine has been tinkered with. 

Most of the other vehicles I have so far are "wrecks" but I'll get some of those in a picture as well. 

Stand by for more! 

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

6:37 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #2

Cool car. Any more pictures of it. 

Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller
Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller

7:54 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #3

Not yet. I'm going to sit down and go over the vehicles I have and get some group shots. There are some "starting points" in my vehicle creations so that I can hopefully document a bit of how I get from point A to B. One of the things that has always been helpful with my own hobbying is when I can see before, during, and after shots. I'm going to try and work on that for some upcoming projects. 

Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller
Cookandrewb
Vault Dweller

8:07 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #4

Took pictures of all my vehicles last night. That is one "working car" (the green with orange top), six wrecks (good source of parts), a second wasteland car WIP (80% done), four cars pre-conversion, and then two Russian vehicles that I picked up in a thrift store. They are neat in their own right (being that they are from Russia), and I'm reluctant to mess with them too much. My purchase of these two vehicles actually caused me to write in the Russian story line in my fluff. I had to have a reason why my FC Scouts were tooling around in a BRDM-2 or a BTR-60 😂

There are some vehicles more appropriate for the FC, which are on their way to me in the next months, and then the Russians will get their wheels back. 

So, updates and some fluff incoming! Most likely next week. 

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

1:11 PM - Oct 12, 2018 #5

I like the "classic" early sixties feel of the car! Looking forward to the seeing the rest.