Solo campaign Zombie siege part 2

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

May 29th, 2018, 7:30 pm #1

After fleeing the camp we meet the two teams again.
They are in ruff terrain now: desert, mountains and some mutated wild life.
Team Vanja and his ally Chuck and on the other hand team 'Serge', without the serge and ally Yvan. Serge will stay in camp to take care of a wounded bird he found in the previous game.
Live animals are rare, rare means they are worth credits.
But most of the surviving wild live, floral and animal, is therefore very tough and mostly extremely dangerous... as we will see.

This is the set up. The grey markers are Monster spawning points placed even spread at the edge of the table. Each turn a monster wil spawn at a random selected spawn point.
The red markers are also randomly (D6) placed credit tokens.

Let the game begin !
Vanja and chuck start out in sector 6. They can see the loot in sector 5 but this is near a monster spawning point

They decide to split up, Chuck will go for the loot in sector 2.

Team Serge, consisting of only Yvan, starts in the same sector as a loot counter. But trouble is not far away...

Vanja still got his flamethrower but he didn't get a single hit with it since he found it.
Luckily before the monster was too close to stun him with his breath the thing went off scorching the beast in a matter of seconds.
The beast in question, contains in his skin boils hard as rock. These 'boils/rocks' contain fuel that, if refined properly, can burn a car or other combustions engines.

To be continued...

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

May 29th, 2018, 8:08 pm #2

Yvan can't believe his eyes when he finds a stack of material, and a pile human bones, inside the cave.
Very soon it becomes apparent to him who is responsible for this heap of stuff and bones...
No time to sift thru the pile anymore he grabs some loot what later on will turn out to be a grenade launcher and ammo box.

He succeeds to outrun the first monster only to find an other one awaiting him at the exit of the cave.

Who said living animals are rare in this PA world ???
This terrain is literally crawling of wild life !
Vanja makes a run for the counter but the beast is on his heals

Yvan plays a dirty trick. Once outside the cave he, instead of shooting the animals, shoots at Chuck. Chuck is wounded and goes down to crawl (5cm).

Once down in these parts and you are an easy prey...
Chuck starts to blast at the giant bug but the thing seems to withstand any gunfire.

His team mate Vanja is in the same predicament as he also is threatened by a monster closing in on him.

To be continued...

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

May 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm #3

In a desperate attempt to save his live, Chuck crawls on the mountain flank hastened by the sound of the twitching scissors.

Blinded by his hatred Yvan had not noticed the monsters closing in on him. When he did they already had bit a large piece of his upper leg.

Seems like the monsters have a ball as Vanja goes down. After a short struggle Vanja is left for dead...

Yvan succeeds in shooting one beast but the noise only attracts an other one.

Yvan does this trick again, shoot one monster, attract an other one.
He start climbing/crawling up the mountain to escape the monsters, to kill Chuck and maybe even take the third and final loot counter awaiting at the top.

Chuck, however, almost made it to the top and to the final loot counter. If all 3 counters are taken the game ends.

And Chuck made it, a 5 credit token for the team.
Yvan had some lucky shots and was able to kill more beasts while fleeing. Some animal parts will be worth credits, some monsters are eatable, important in harsh survivalist conditions like these ;-)

Coming up, the after match calculations...

Bobscene
Super Mutant
Bobscene
Super Mutant

May 29th, 2018, 9:36 pm #4

Yvan has found a rocket launcher, can come in handy, but looks a bit rusty.
He also found a big knife (46 on the loot list).

The caves could be searched. Some had, f.i., 4 'chambers', the number of chambers depended on the size. All mountain tops could also be searched.
I made some monster stat cards, if interested you can find them in the 'Rules section' of this site.

Yvan had killed 1 'Gorgole' giving his team a massive of 3 food ( 1 food upkeep is needed per person, so his team's upkeep is insured like this); Yvan also killed a 'Hammertail', also eatable, resulting in an additional 2 food. The 'Stoner' monster he killed in the last moments of the game is ruled out because the Stoner his special on his stat card reads that he can't be shot.
He also managed to reach a 1 credit token.

Total for his team: 5 food, they will need 2 for their upkeep, so 3 left.
1 credit from previous game + 1 credit this game = 2, not enough to buy anything on the loot list.

I changed the rules so at the end fase teams can also sell items in their possession. Price on a D3.

Chuck was wounded, resulting in a permanent leg injury giving him a - 2 cm on his speed.
But he found a 'darn good camouflage vest' giving him the ability to move 5 cm and still get 'overwatch'.
He reached a nice 5 credit token.

Vanja was left for dead on the battle field but he rolled 5 on the 'dead is not dead list' so this means he gets a - 2 cm permanent leg injury, also, as his friend Chuck has....
He stil got his, not so trusty, flamethrower. And he also reached a 5 credit token. His team is loaded ! En plus... he did kill a Stoner the ligit way, in close combat and like this he gets fuel for his team.

But as Chuck spends his 5 credits on a roll on the loot list we find out he rolled a 65 and 'spends it all on anti depression pills' (some minor positive news for Chuck ...I changed the rules to 'booze' in stead of pills)
Vanja is far more prudent then Chuck as he decides to keep his 5 credits, or is he just awaiting a bigger town/better opportunity to splash his money ?
They had 3 credits saved + 5 makes 8 credits in the team pot. But they will have to pay 2 for their up keep, resulting a comfortable total of 6.

In this game I wanted to test the monster rules. Giving them multiple attacks and varying their speed and special abilities worked ok I thought.
Of course I also wanted to show of my newest scenery additions, the plants.

Question... I would greatly appreciate any idea on how to include plants into the game ???

Until then,
ciao !

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

May 30th, 2018, 2:22 am #5

A wonderful AAR! Thanks for sharing Bobscene

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

May 31st, 2018, 2:58 pm #6

Great game report. I love your models.

Plants in games ideas: how about find a plant with medical or fuel making properties? Food hunt maybe?

News of a green zone with plants has spread. Plants = food.

In the Fallout New Vegas game there is a old vault (corporate private bunkers) which is the center of a green zone in the wastelands. The vault tried to produce food but something went wrong. There are all manner of mutant plants in the area and in the bunker. In the game you have to find out what happened to vault and it’s dwellers. There are weird plant men who where the vault dwellers.

Maybe your teams are looking for old technology or supplies in the bunker/vault. Maybe they are looking for what ever agent or chemicals has caused the massive plant growth in the wasteland? It could help farming and food production.