Odds and Ends (Update: 04-23-18)

Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior
Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior

July 3rd, 2010, 12:06 pm #1

-Steel Legion Trooper with the barrel removed from his las rifle and replaced with the barrel from an Elysian flame-thrower. Plastic Cadian flamer tanks and a length of plastic tubing for hose. The hose is a bit too long IMO and I need to get rid of the las rifle's ammo clip.

-Escher Ganger with her assault rifle chopped down and modified with bits from a chopped-up Space Marines flammer. That black bit in the front is just a piece of sprue. I want to do something with her hair but I haven't decided what.

-Escher Ganger with her shotgun chopped down and modified with bits from a chopped-up Elysian Grenade Launcher. Again, that black bit on the top is a shaped piece of sprue. I've trimmed the topknot off a Chaos Marauder and plan to stick on top of the odd ring thingie in the front that she has her hair pulled through.

Anyways... that's it for now. I'm currently trying to acquire a specific Escher figure to convert into a rocket/missile launcher but no luck thus far. :shrug:

Vampifan
Super Mutant
Vampifan
Super Mutant

July 3rd, 2010, 3:44 pm #2

I've always liked Clan Escher and those are two nifty conversions you've done there. Good work, Skyholic!

DAWGIE
Mutant Slayer
DAWGIE
Mutant Slayer

July 4th, 2010, 2:22 am #3

VERY PRETTY STUFF!

WHY NOR LEAVE THE LAS RIFLE MAGAZINE IN PLACE, AND CALL IT A FLAMER IGNITER MAGAZINE (the cartridge/charge/spark that ignites the burning fuel being sprayed from the muzzle; that curled up bit at the muzzle is clearly intended to be the igniter flare point - walking about with a pilot lito burning at the tip of your flame thrower is very, very, HOLLYWEIRD) ? pull thr trigger, the fuel stream is propelled out of the tank and along the barrel past the igniter flare point and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
jellied flaming death billows out of the muzzle to make crispy critters down range . . . .

the "hot chick" with the light flamer has an igniter flare point on her weapon, too, but instead of using a box magazine, her igniters are obviously fitted inside her weapon

both models of flamer - the longer ranged heavy manpack flamer and the shorter ranged light flamer both have very distictive igniter flare points by the muzzle as well as igniter tubes beneath the barrels . . .

DAWGIE, ocassionally glancing down at his motion detector and listening to the tap-tap-tap of its signal in his headset as he advances slowly along the length of darkened corridor/passageway . . .

Digitarii
Wastelander
Digitarii
Wastelander

July 4th, 2010, 4:35 am #4

It always amazes me at the abundance of flamer type weapons in futuristic settings when they aren't even used by the modern forces anymore.

Mal
Road Warrior
Mal
Road Warrior

July 4th, 2010, 9:42 am #5

The reason being Digi is that espically in post apoc settings, flamers are easy to junk together, and can run on almost anything over 40 proof... making ammo for them easy to find/make...

Simply put, its a sinple effective weapon that can be made out of almost anything and can run on DAWGIES pee....

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 4th, 2010, 10:03 am #6

Nice conversions. I look forward to seeing them painted.

One reason they are not used is that they are banned by the Geneva convention. Apparently you are not allowed to kill anyone in such a nasty way or leave them in a badly injured state. White phosphorus is also (or due to be) banned for that reason.

Who know what future war would bring? As for the post apoc world - who is going to stop you using a flame thrower? As Mal says they are easy to make - there is a utube of some guy making one out of bits he finds in his local hardware shop!

Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior
Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior

March 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm #7

Triad Retainers - These guys were originally armed with naginatas (Japanese polearms). Their hands weren't attached so it was a simple matter of clipping off the naginata before attaching the hands to the figures. Their swords are actually the heads and butts from the naginatas. The first figure orginally had a different head, one that was wearing a conical hat. I swapped that head with one from a spare retainer I had but lost the back of his headband in the process but I replaced with a plastic 40K purity seal.

Triad Heavy/Support Weapons - Other than a rocket launcher and a sniper, the Triads don't come with any sort of man-portable support/assault weapons.... so I made some. These guys were originally naginata-armed retainer.

Ironblood
Cannie!

March 3rd, 2011, 5:30 pm #8

I really like those triads, especially the heavy, where is the minigun from?

Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior
Sykoholic
Wasteland Warrior

March 3rd, 2011, 6:33 pm #9

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 3rd, 2011, 8:26 pm #10

Sweet conversions.