Hello everybody from Spain!

Junkers
Vault Dweller
Junkers
Vault Dweller

January 15th, 2011, 2:49 pm #1

Hi!

I have discovered this forum searching in google about post-apocalyptic car games and I have spent hours viewing all the photos of your models (there are a lot of authentic pieces of art).

I'm from Spain and I play wargames since I was a child (specially Warhammer 40.000 -with Imperial Guard- and historical -mainly Second World War-).
Some time ago I have discovered that exists some games post-apocalyptic themes, Mad-Max style wich can be played with modified toy cars...I have not idea of the rules of these wargames but I have started to buy a lot of HotWheels and modify them to look more dystopic (and of course, full of weapons). I will post some photos when I finish them.

I hope we will enjoy sharing our hobby.
Regards and sorry for my bad english

Oh! The gigapudding is attacking the town!

dicehead
Mutant Hunter
dicehead
Mutant Hunter

January 15th, 2011, 2:56 pm #2

Hi junkers, welcome!

Inkwell
Wasteland Legend
Inkwell
Wasteland Legend

January 15th, 2011, 3:12 pm #3

Hello there, Paiux is from Spain and he will be delighted ,WELCOME.The great thing about PA is it has so much to offer,wonderfull minis,terrain,vehicles and alternate rule sets.The minis brought me around but there are a few dedicated motor heads .Dont let them talk you into cleaning the toilets with out a chem suit ,bath night ,well be early and the tinker flakes are worse than they sound :yes: The various on a stick products are mostly edible,cat,rat and iguana.Little slice of Heaven...ah. That gigapudding is in serious trouble around here...unless its butterscotch :(|nurk: I hate butterscotch.

Ross
Warlord
Ross
Warlord

January 15th, 2011, 4:43 pm #4

Hey hey, hello :)

If I remember correctly there's a couple of vehicle only PA games that are floating about, but I can't remember of the top of my head what they are (Dark Future?), perhaps some of the others might be able to give you some ideas.

dicehead
Mutant Hunter
dicehead
Mutant Hunter

January 15th, 2011, 5:06 pm #5

There's that free Axels and Alloys game too if you just want vehicles.

Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend
Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend

January 15th, 2011, 8:15 pm #6

Welcome!
Brian

Junkers
Vault Dweller
Junkers
Vault Dweller

January 15th, 2011, 9:33 pm #7

Thanks for the welcome! :pickelhaube:
wrote:Hello there, Paiux is from Spain and he will be delighted
Oh! It's a great thing!, but I have read in another post that he lives in Valencia. I live in Madrid (about 300 Km of distance).
wrote:Dont let them talk you into cleaning the toilets with out a chem suit ,bath night ,well be early and the tinker flakes are worse than they sound :yes: The various on a stick products are mostly edible,cat,rat and iguana.Little slice of Heaven...ah. That gigapudding is in serious trouble around here...unless its butterscotch :(|nurk: I hate butterscotch.
I'm not sure about what are you referring with this (my english are not always very good), but I catch this important things of your message :book:

- Don't clean the toilets (the guy of the chem suit will do it at night)
- Iguanas, rats and cats are tasty here (but I prefer to catch the chicken :catch: )
- You are against the Gigapudding
- I don't know what kind of thing is a butterscotch but it sounds terrible :this:
wrote: If I remember correctly there's a couple of vehicle only PA games that are floating about, but I can't remember of the top of my head what they are (Dark Future?), perhaps some of the others might be able to give you some ideas.
I have read about Dark Future, Warlands, CarWars and some others but really I don't know how to play them or where find the rules. By the moment, I am building the cars (the best part of Post-Apocalyptic wargaming :goggleson: )
wrote:There's that free Axels and Alloys game too if you just want vehicles.
Thanks for the information, I will investigate it. I'm looking for a game with small cars but I have a huge collection of sci-fi miniatures to play another Post-apocalyptic games. I love games with zombies and destroyed cities :Arr:

Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend
Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend

January 16th, 2011, 2:17 am #8

Butterscotch is the best!
I also like plain ol' Scotch..........and Whiskey,lets not forget that drink of the gods.

I'm going to go have a drink.....

Brian

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

January 16th, 2011, 6:45 am #9

Welcome to the Wastes!

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

January 16th, 2011, 10:08 am #10

Welcome to the Wastelands Junkers. What part of Spain do you hail from?

Mad Max style car gaming got me back into the hobby after a long time away. It also drove the passion which has resulted in a massive collection of models, minis and ultimately setting up this forum.

You should try Axles and Alloys as its free and quite easy to play (it is base on the Full Thurst Starship rules). Take a look here, Axels & Alloys 2 (see if you can spot one of mine 28mm cars on there! Fame at last!! :D ).

There is also Road Wolf. There is some nice cars and terrain tips on there too.

There is also the Road Rage V8 rules.

I was massively into car gaming. I still have my Dark Future Sets and some of the cars from the Axles and Alloys days. I still pick up the odd car that catches my eye in case I ever get back into it. The main thing that put me off at the time was the limited amount of suitable figures out there in the right scale.