First river craft of MBW....

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 27th, 2011, 12:27 pm #1

Now I have a little more time I am working on my very own MBW river craft. Drat - I just thought I am going to need a river or coast line for it.

First up I am working on constructing a roughly made river vehicle ferry craft in a similar desgin to WW2 landing craft. This may also be used as a traders craft or even a floating home for River Scavs or Water nomads.

The vessel will be scratch built.

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 27th, 2011, 7:18 pm #2

Right work so far. The main hull is done.

Looking in its current state like a wasteland fort!

The rear will get a engine housing and fuel tank. The raised platform is going to be the wheel house. I am thinking of metal sides and a cloth roof for that different textures look. There will be a ramp up front that makes up the front of the hull. Then I hope to go on a deep bits box delve and add all manner of bits to give it that PA look. I will be adding some toy car tyres to it to act as bumpers too.

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 27th, 2011, 7:27 pm #3

Don't forgot that old Ork sayin', "more Rivets". Our thought's must be on the same wave length because I had been researching WWII landing craft also. Though, my craft are going to be much more of a PA Viking hoard :) Raiding for the same reason as the Ancient's did, Rape & Pillage!

I'll still work on my version, we are separated by enough water that not anyone's going to complain about the same theme. If that gripe about it on this forum, well, I'll just have to put my boot heel to their throat while they explain why they don't like it :lol:

Due to my ANALytical mind I can't justify a craft on a river, and I can't justify putting the primary hub of my PA World, St. Milla on a coastline. Then again maybe I can put St. Milla more inland with sea access like a port...

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 27th, 2011, 7:50 pm #4

Maybe a river running through her? Or a colony "St Milla on Sea" or "St Milla-surmer" :D

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

March 27th, 2011, 10:33 pm #5

hmmm... no, I want St. Milla to be on terra firma. The Viking Stronghold will be a floating town :) That keeps any slaves from "running away, or, swimming for it.

Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend
Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend

March 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm #6

Damn!

You work fast Danny!
Like where your going with this.

Brian

Inkwell
Wasteland Legend
Inkwell
Wasteland Legend

March 27th, 2011, 11:41 pm #7

Good start ! I live pretty close to the ol mississippi and you can see them river rats out on boats like that now.Meth...a hella of a drug :lol:

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

April 25th, 2011, 7:38 pm #8

Some WIP shots of were my boat is up to.

Using Gorilla glue to attach the chains to the ramp was a mistake. Trying to come up with a way to disguise them. I have some extra detail to add such as tyre bumpers and I think this old girl is ready for paint. No idea what to name her. *digs out a 28mm size bottle of fizzy crap saved for the launch and displays proudly!*

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

April 25th, 2011, 8:05 pm #9

I really like it Danny. The landing craft I have been designing will be a vehicle and personnel carrier for a cannibal tribe. It gives them greater mobility to make those raids the local populace fear so much!

Paint that gorilla glue black and say it's tar used to plug the seams, or green for slime build up.

Where did ya dig up the fuel tank?

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

April 25th, 2011, 8:21 pm #10

It was part of some kids toy. It was on a wheeled robot thingy large enough to be a 28mm vehicle. I am not sure on the brand but it aimed at the 4+ age bracket. Quite cheap too. Got lots of little bits for terrain detail from it. :D

The engine box is the body from a majorette Drone car toy. The exhaust started life as landing gear for a 1/48 scale WW2 German Bomber. I snipped the rounded end and drilled it hollow.