tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

December 1st, 2011, 10:33 am #11

No problem Tiki, but those rules were authored by another I'm just a pipeline :lol:

I love laying pipe...

TwoGunBob
Ghoul

December 2nd, 2011, 3:38 am #12

I did purchase Outrider during a sale but found it kind of... I don't know, Wings of War meets Car Wars. Didn't click so much with me. Got it on my hard drive but never printed it out to play so it could be a massively good system.

tikiphantom
Tribal Savage
tikiphantom
Tribal Savage

December 2nd, 2011, 4:37 am #13

TwoGun, what didn't you like about it? Never played Wings of War?

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

December 2nd, 2011, 8:27 am #14

Wings of War has a simple card mechanic for play. Each type of plane has different flight characteristics on cards, in flight you select three cards for your move: Turn, Stall, loop-da-loop, continue straight (all hidden from your opponent).

Everyone plays the cards somewhat simultaneously. At the end of the move you use supplied measuring sticks to see if you have hit your opponent's plane. Draw from a pile of hidden counters to determine damage.

Simple. Similar mechanic to "Wooden Ships, Iron Men" and "Full Thrust"

tikiphantom
Tribal Savage
tikiphantom
Tribal Savage

December 3rd, 2011, 5:47 am #15

ugh! sounds dull!

Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend
Mr. Clean
Wasteland Legend

December 3rd, 2011, 6:14 am #16

I like WOW!

Played some games with my 6yo son,he won.Damn.

Brian

Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter
Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter

December 5th, 2011, 9:27 pm #17

Sounds a little like the plotted moves in the old AH game Airforce.

Wreckage uses movement cards for its vehicles and that seems to work ok.

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

December 6th, 2011, 12:34 am #18

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/83717/wi ... amous-aces gives a peek at the card "mechanic".

TwoGunBob
Ghoul

December 8th, 2011, 4:55 am #19

tikiphantom wrote:TwoGun, what didn't you like about it? Never played Wings of War?
Always meant to play Wings of War but never got around to it. Every time it was at a convention it conflicted with whatever game I was running myself. At the time I got Road Rage and Outrider at the same time. I just read through Outrider and compared the concept to what I wanted for 2012's convention game and Road Rage won out. Haven't got around to printing out Outrider for friendly games but it just didn't 'gel' right. Probably cause I haven't printed out a hard copy. I can't learn game rules reading off a computer screen for some reason.

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

December 8th, 2011, 4:00 pm #20

It is a Beer and Pretzels game. If ya have kids a Milk and Cookies game :) I've called it "Wings of Bore" in the past. That isn't to say it's not fun, but I try to invest my limited head-to-head games to something more substantial and mentally stimulating.

The mechanic is wonderful for modification especially if ya want a different genre for a kid's game.