Autoduel madness!

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 12:57 pm #1

Its about time that I got some of my old Autoduel cars up on here. These are all hotwheels scale conversions. Some from back in the day when Dark Future was the game to play (87-88). Some are from a few years back when I got into Axels and Alloys. That game and the conversions paved my way back into the hobby and post apocalypitica.

I must warn all on here that converting toy cars can be addicitve. :D

First up - Maybe Max. This car is a converted Matchbox classic mustang. Matchbox purists and collectors will hate me! :D

The Tanks are fibre optic connector covers. The weapon is an old GW las rifle from back in the late 40KRT period.

An old matchbox serria equipped with all sorts of all old tank bits and more.

Hotheels 57' Chevy

Hotwheels 55' Chevy belonging to the Sun Godz gang

Matchbox ford RS2000.

Hotwheels Ford Pop (?).

Hotwheels Enforcer Buggy. It comes with the weapons fitted too! :(|thumbup:

Hotwheels grass racer buggy. Now the proud vehicle of a guy called "Pigkiller".

Hotwheels car - the belongs to the T birds gang. Dig that grenade launcher on the roof (from a old GW Titan).

Matchbox Alfa wotsit.

Unknown make BMW 3 series - currently employed by the 7th Cavarly Road Warriors

Hotwheels 56 Ford Van.

Hotwheels Surf Crate....

Hotwheels Porsche now proprty of the Sacred Trust gang.

Every town needs a cabbie...

Hotwheels Jaded

Unknown chinese toy car - converted back in 88. Bigger rear wheels, DF turret and GL. Driven by "Speedy"

Hotwheels '78 Road Runner driven by the Scorchers gang.

Some people like classic lines...
hotwheels car driven by the Deathrunners gang. Note the kill markings.

Hotwheels '32 Ford Vicky

More classic lines with a cobbled together feel.
Hotwheels car driven by Old 1 eye. The missiles are off a 1/100 snap together corba copter...

the other side

Matchbox Nissian ZX300

Matchbox Lamborghini countach. This was set up as a Ops interceptor. One of my old DF cars.

Fastlane Nascar pickup.

Hotwheels AC Cobra with mesh tonney, ram spikes and a DF laser. Another DF car.

Fastlane Nascar - this rig is driven by a guy known as the "Sarge".

Hotwheels Beetle driven by the Metal Headz gang. A DF MG adorns the hood along with the blade from a 40K chain knife thingy. The turret on the roof is from a toy battleship.

Yet more classic lines....
Hotwheels Swoop Coupe.

Rear shot.

I have more of these including the DF cars. Look out for the notorious "Damage Inc" gang....

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 2:22 pm #2

Ready for more motorised insanity kids?

Hotwheels pursuit car. Basically a drag car. This is run by the Black Fists road warriors. Nerco Auto Rifles make nice Autocannons and some GW spike things fashion a ram spar.

Hotwheels '40 Pickup. DF 40mm GL fitted to roof.

Hotwheels fire tender type golf cart. Some freeky ideas over there! This thing is a fuel or water carrier and makes a great objective in those pursuit games.

Hotwheels Chevy "Nomad". This car is run by the Sun Godz gang. 40K bolt pistols make nice 20mm GLs and the las rifle is a rear MG. GW spikes added as ram things.

Ancient Hotwheels Porsche.

Another ancient hotwheels Ford T (?). DF autocannon on roof. The size on this is a bit large and may fit 28's.

Hotwheels '82 Supra. This rig is running with your old wastelands favorite "Autoskum".

Matchbox Flareside pickup. Nice GL! This serves as a trader in the auto duel games.

Hotwheels Ballistik weird futuristic car.

Hotwheels Spooky Coupe... Lots of nice little details on this car.

Hotwheels '67 Dodge Charger. Ram plate is off a 1/35 mortar model. A heavy laser is fitted to the roof. It looks like it was scavenged from some place else.

Unknown ultra light F2 race car (or is it F3?). Equipped with a rotory machined gun.

Hotwheels Sweet 16. This rig sports a V16! It is only equipped with a light laser and a smoke generator. It relies on speed to get it out of trouble. Oh - check out the monster ramming spike on this beast!

Hotwheels Midnight Otto. Homemade Ram Spar, laser cannon and a small jet engine for quick get aways!

Fastlane Nascar pickup. This beast is deiven by Rage. Check out the Bazookas fitted to the side armour/ramming spars. You dont want this guy behind you!

Cheap chinese van. This is another from my old DF days. This is run by a group that calls itself "the gang". This muther carries some heavy artillery.

Cheap Ambulance. Got casulties. Need a quick evac? Then you need this!

Hotwheels '66 Corvette. Fitted with armoured windows, twin DF auto cannons and a DF rocket Laucher on the roof.

Hotwheels 8 crate. Mid mounted V8 engine. Why dont they make 1:50 cars this cool?

Cheap chinese ploice cars with realist sounds and flashing light bars! Woooo!

Cheap Chinese Humvees. The blue one has a working light bar!

Another Coppa!

The Damage Inc Gang on the roll. These were my DF gang. See that heavily modded DF Renengade? Lots of old 1/72 tank bits on that!

Front shot of the gang.

A couple of Renegades. Got these off evilbay in a bad way. A bits box delve turned them into the rigs you see here.

Another of my DF renegades. Also heavily modded. Features extra wide rear wheels and tons of clobber from the bits box.

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 2:26 pm #3

Last one...for now.

This is a matchbox datsun. This was a sci fi thing with all sorts of weird stuff on it. As it happens it looks right next to my 28's! :D

Ironblood
Cannie!

July 19th, 2009, 3:45 pm #4

absolute win. I love hotwheels mods and conversions. lots of character in these pieces.

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 3:49 pm #5

There are soooo many cool hotwheels cars. Its just a shame that there isnt many for 1:50-1:48 scales. Some of those cars would be ace in 28mm scales.

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 3:57 pm #6

Beautiful Danny, simply beautiful!!

dicehead
Mutant Hunter
dicehead
Mutant Hunter

July 19th, 2009, 9:42 pm #7

They do some amazing cars, they all look great. What scale would fit them? Big 15mm to 20mm?

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

July 19th, 2009, 11:13 pm #8

Dicehead... yeah big 15's to 20mm

Ross
Warlord
Ross
Warlord

July 20th, 2009, 12:43 pm #9

It's been said before, but damn that's a shame that they're not right to scale, there's some awesome cars there Dan!

mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
mattblackgod
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

August 2nd, 2009, 6:35 pm #10

Okay Auto Duel fans...here are more hotwheels and matchbox scale wasteland cruisers...

Hotwheels Rat Trap Altered State.

Hotwheels 70's Monster Corvette. Just the thing for the wastelands. This beast belongs to the Damage Inc Crew and was built in my DF days (around 88-89). Check out that custom paintjob. Took me an age!

Damage Inc Supra.

Hotwheels 68' Cougar. Another Damage Inc ride.

Hotwheels dunno what it is. This is another from the dark days (88). Again armed up with the DF spare weapons and given a custom paintjob.