6mm car combat

shady13
Cannie!
shady13
Cannie!

June 30th, 2013, 5:56 pm #1

I really like the freedom of movement and board size 6/10mm wargames offer,
With this in mind I had the idea of doin a 6mm post apoc car combat game...
With no experince of said gaming! ;)

So guys, any advice, experince or ideas you can offer?
Cheers in advance
Shady

tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord
tinker
Post Apocalyptic Warlord

June 30th, 2013, 9:24 pm #2

No idea, at my age I'd need a magnifying glass!!! Though I am willing to hear of your gaming experiences. Are ya going to scratch build your cars?

shady13
Cannie!
shady13
Cannie!

June 30th, 2013, 10:08 pm #3

Well I was thinking of getting some micro machines or cheapo poundland cars and scratchbuilding weapons and such!

Moramarth
Coldheart
Moramarth
Coldheart

July 1st, 2013, 3:44 am #4

I'm with Tink as regards the visibility of 6mm stuff, although I still have a lot of 1:300th military kit and scenery lying around. I'd suggest you look at "N" gauge, in the UK it scales out around 1:148 to 1:152 scale. Being a railway scale scenery and vehicles are plentiful, while 1:144 military and aircraft (and some naval!) should just about be compatible. Good Luck if you decide to used the Trumpeter LCAC as an "Ultimate Weapon"... :(|loopy:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TU00107

Cheers,

M

TooBoCu
Tribal Savage
TooBoCu
Tribal Savage

July 1st, 2013, 3:48 pm #5

6mm is original Car Wars scale. You can check out that game and see what they did wrong....

Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter
Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter

July 2nd, 2013, 4:17 pm #6

I played the heck out of the old Car Wars game in the past. My web page is gone or I'd link you to it. Instead here is a link to all the different miniatures that are/were available for the CW's scale:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/carwars.html

shady13
Cannie!
shady13
Cannie!

July 2nd, 2013, 5:19 pm #7

Cheers joe... That'll come in pretty useful ;)

dicehead
Mutant Hunter
dicehead
Mutant Hunter

July 18th, 2013, 12:53 am #8

I was just having a browse and I saw your post. Have you seen the "mad ron" cars by Irregular Miniatures? They are 6mm and come in a post-apoc pack and a normal pack so you can modify them if you like. I have a couple of sets and they are pretty nice, cheap too. They sell other vehicles in their other ranges that you can use too if you search around their site like motorbikes from WWII etc.

Irregular Miniatures

TooBoCu
Tribal Savage
TooBoCu
Tribal Savage

July 20th, 2013, 11:34 pm #9

dicehead wrote:I was just having a browse and I saw your post. Have you seen the "mad ron" cars by Irregular Miniatures? They are 6mm and come in a post-apoc pack and a normal pack so you can modify them if you like. I have a couple of sets and they are pretty nice, cheap too. They sell other vehicles in their other ranges that you can use too if you search around their site like motorbikes from WWII etc.

Irregular Miniatures
I have a couple of sets of these cars. If you buy them, then the regular set, you can sort of see what they did to the originals and add your own bling as well!

I have the GW Battlecars, Car Wars and these and they all measure up pretty well. I would say that the GW are the largest, but the differences are nice as well and you can see a Full Sized v Sub-Compact.

Cheers!