Untitled

Untitled

May 22nd, 2017, 2:06 am #1

I'm looking at a Dan Wesson model 715 for use in PPC, and wanted to know if anyone else is using one? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a gunsmith to do do an action job and chamfer the cylinder. Thanks for your help, Dave.

May 22nd, 2017, 9:51 pm #2

I'm only a B grade shooter but the advice given to me by a long time competitive pistol shooter was this...forget all other revolvers that are not Smith and Wesson. This advice has held so true over the years, I have seen guys with Dan's, Rugers, Taurus and Chiappa's who all sold them for Smiths in the end.

PS: Caveat is if its a Korth or Manuhrin which are better off the shelf guns.

May 23rd, 2017, 1:16 am #3

Well, It's an interesting proposition.
Some things to think about. If your going to compete with the big boys in PPC, you'll need a heavy barrel revolver with a 6-7# DA trigger. An Aristocrat rib to finish it off.

You would need to spend the $1000 for that gun, probably another $1500 to get it competitive.

vs a used smith 64/65 gunsmithed to what you need.

If your talking distinguished, might be interesting.
I have no idea how you lighten the DA trigger on one. I believe they use coil springs.

if you do, let us know how it works out....

May 23rd, 2017, 1:19 am #4

also, you might contact Joe Leininger in Michigan about what it would take to make it good.

http://brushcreekltd.homestead.com/PPCGuns.htm

May 23rd, 2017, 1:40 am #5

Jim, thanks for the info. I contacted Joe in Michigan, he didn't want to work on it. I have a 586 at Jim's now, waiting to get it back. In the mean time, I decided to mess around with this Dan Wesson.