doug
doug

January 3rd, 2005, 6:00 am #11

I shoot monthly matches at Pearl Mississippi. Eight or ten of those guys are high masters and shoot on the Mississippi Highway Patrol Pistol Team. They have done more testing and evaluation on ammo than anyone I can imagine. They shoot Precision Delta ammo in the .38 and in the 9mm. They claim it's the best thing going. I got my department to order Precision Delta, Winchester and Anderson Munitions. The Precision Delta seems to shoot better for me in my bull gun and my ppc 9mm.

Our season begins in about 2 months, I can hardly wait!

GOOD LUCK IN THE NEW YEAR!!

Randy
Randy

February 25th, 2005, 5:46 am #12

Welcome to the sport of PPC. I live in NJ and usual posting during the day 8am-4pm. I am also disappointed that noone uses this sight. If you have questions make a post or just to chat about things also.
Bob
Just started shooting pistols about a year ago. I went to a 1500 ppc match in Homer, La. at the David Wade Correctional facility and did poorly, but am I in love with THE MATCH. I shoot a Les Baer Premier II in .45. Probably not the best caliber, but an accurate pistol. I would like to go th Pearl and shoot. I understand the next match is on March 22, 2005. Does anyone have any information on the match? I'm basically at the 1380 level, and wondering if there is a cutoff scorewise for being allowed to participate. I hope not. If I get off work after dark, I go to our local range, turn the car lights on the target, and shoot in the dark. That's addiction. Randy

DOUG
DOUG

March 6th, 2005, 8:25 pm #13

Randy,

If you are a Doctor and work at the Sheriff's Office, I met you at the Wade match. I was the Probation and Parole Officer. There are no requirements to shoot except you have to join the Mississippi Police Marksman Association. The cost of the match is $10 and $5 to join the association. Matches start at 9 am. Matches are held at the Mississippi Law Enforcemant Training Academy in Pearl, MS. Call me at the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Office and I'll get you directions (318) 435-4505.

ppcmaster
ppcmaster

March 8th, 2005, 5:45 pm #14

Hey Doug,
Check out this new PPC website. www.njppc.org

Randy
Randy

June 12th, 2005, 2:12 am #15

Randy,

If you are a Doctor and work at the Sheriff's Office, I met you at the Wade match. I was the Probation and Parole Officer. There are no requirements to shoot except you have to join the Mississippi Police Marksman Association. The cost of the match is $10 and $5 to join the association. Matches start at 9 am. Matches are held at the Mississippi Law Enforcemant Training Academy in Pearl, MS. Call me at the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Office and I'll get you directions (318) 435-4505.
Doug,
I can't believe that I found this site again. Thank you for the information re: the Pearl, Ms. PPC matches. I have gone to 3 now and will be there on the 21st of June. I have a custom 9mm 6 inch slide made by Kammerdeiner Custom Guns of Vidalia, La. It's the first Aristocrat site I have had. The barrel is a Schumann ultimatch and it is easily the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I am just learning neck hold sighting. I have set the front site at 50 yards so that the corners of the site are just visible over the white background above the silhouette shoulders as the point of aim. Do most PPC shooters use the angles of the front site this way? Should I set for higher up the silhouette neck? I also have had better luck with neck hold at 25 yards than sighting in directly at the 10 ring. The front site corners are too narrow to show up against the target white at 25 yards, but I seem to be able to more quickly get the next shot off. The heavier gun with the lighter recoil is a big improvement over the 5 in. slide .45 caliber Les Baer that I was shooting. I could never find a miner carbide lamp that worked, but I found a Ray-Vin.com carbide burner that holds the water in a compartment that a one way valve allows you to turn the knob and push a minute amount of water into the carbide compartment. It has a very effective flint strike system and really is a convenient way to blacken your sites. Hope to see you in Pearl and thanks. Randy

doug
doug

June 12th, 2005, 4:17 am #16

RANDY,
IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO SHOOT A GOOD GUN! I'M NOT A HIGH-MASTER AND MAYBE SHOULDN'T GIVE ADVICE BUT MY NECK HOLD AT 50 IS JUST AS YOU DESCRIBED. I ALSO USE A NECK HOLD AT 25. BOTH SEEM TO BE HELPFUL TO ME.

I FOUND THAT GUY'S # IN BATON ROUGE WHO HAS THE 5" PPC 9 FOR SALE. THE GUN AND 10 MAGS FOR $1000. IT'S A PRETTY SWEET DEAL, I JUST DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA "GRAND" LAYING AROUND. SEE YOU ON THE 21ST.

Randy
Randy

June 18th, 2005, 3:32 am #17

Doug,
Bring the BR guy's # to Pearl. I would be interested. Randy

June 18th, 2005, 3:31 pm #18

I also use the neck hold at 25 and 50. Works for me. Just set the "head" on top of your perfectly lined up sights. (Hopefully)

Jason
Jason

July 5th, 2005, 9:15 pm #19

RANDY,
IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO SHOOT A GOOD GUN! I'M NOT A HIGH-MASTER AND MAYBE SHOULDN'T GIVE ADVICE BUT MY NECK HOLD AT 50 IS JUST AS YOU DESCRIBED. I ALSO USE A NECK HOLD AT 25. BOTH SEEM TO BE HELPFUL TO ME.

I FOUND THAT GUY'S # IN BATON ROUGE WHO HAS THE 5" PPC 9 FOR SALE. THE GUN AND 10 MAGS FOR $1000. IT'S A PRETTY SWEET DEAL, I JUST DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA "GRAND" LAYING AROUND. SEE YOU ON THE 21ST.
Doug,
I have just recently started shooting the PPC matches as well. I was looking for a 9mm PPC S&W when I found this website, it is awesome. I shoot on the MDOT pistol team, there are a few of them that have been doing this for some time now but they recently held try-outs and I made the team. We went to Savannah,GA for our first match and I won the new shooter award not a big trophy but boy was I proud of it and now I'm hooked. I did not get to make the match in June due to a detail I had to work. We are planning to make the match in Tuscaloosa, AL in August. Then we are planning for the nationals after that. If the gentleman still has the 9mm PPC gun I would like to hear more about it. Thanks,
Jason

doug
doug

July 10th, 2005, 5:43 am #20

I'M NOT SURE, BUT WHEN I LEFT PEARL AFTER THE JUNE MATCH, ROY FULLERTON WAS GOING TO BUY IT. MAYBE HE DIDN'T.
IF YOU SHOOT IN THEIR MONTHLY MATCH IN JULY, I'LL BE THERE. IF ROY DIDN'T BUY IT HE SHOULD STILL HAVE THE GUY'S NUMBER.

LATER