Stock Auto at the NPSC

Stock Auto at the NPSC

September 22nd, 2010, 11:12 pm #1

There was much discussion awhile back regarding the use of S&W's PPC9 5" as a Stock Auto. For the NPSC it was allowed as long as the Aristocrat Tri-Set rear sight was changed. I replace the Tri-Set with Aristocrat's similar RS-45 sight. It appears that no other changes will be made to this rule, at least in the forseeable(sp?) future.

KAC49

PPC Ken
PPC Ken

September 24th, 2010, 6:46 pm #2

I have done the same Aristrocrat swap on my 5" also - no problems either at the several duty gun matches I have shot here in the midwest.

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

January 27th, 2011, 2:11 am #3

Check out the latest post by NRA R-S sight is specifically listed as prohibited.I thought sever shot with that sight at last years NPSC?

January 27th, 2011, 2:10 pm #4

FWIW, the rule against the RS-45 sight was published before the last NPSC and was still allowed by the referees. I guess we'll see what happens at the next match.

KAC49

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

January 28th, 2011, 1:17 am #5

thanks ,I hope so as I and 5 other teammates put them on our guns so we could use them for stock semi auto ,now it appears that the NRA wants to rule out the PPC 9 5" for stock auto on the basis that its not a catalog item ? But its ok for Dist S/A as a catalog item at least thats how I read it on their website?