Sight Rib

September 16th, 2005, 4:58 pm #1

I have been in PPC competition in Oregon since 1977. The best sight I have used for PPC shooting had been the Bill Davis Aristocrat. I am preparing to build a new PPC revolver. What is the most popular and current sight ribs used by the top PPC shooters that are available these days?

September 16th, 2005, 8:10 pm #2

I'd personally stick with the 3 position Aristocrat sight. Brownells was carrying them last I knew.
http://www.brownells.com

doug
doug

September 19th, 2005, 3:18 am #3

I have been in PPC competition in Oregon since 1977. The best sight I have used for PPC shooting had been the Bill Davis Aristocrat. I am preparing to build a new PPC revolver. What is the most popular and current sight ribs used by the top PPC shooters that are available these days?
The aristocrat 3 position sight is the best thing around. Some like the front adjustment and some like the rear. Brownell's does have them for about $175. CONGRATULATIONS for deciding to come back to the best sport going.

Good Luck!!

September 22nd, 2005, 3:33 am #4

Thank you, I found the sight in Brownells. I am no nubie, I have been competing in PPC in Oregon continuously since 1977. Since that time I have worn out several guns. I just ordered one of the S&W PPC 9s to try out. Look forward to talking with you in the future.

September 22nd, 2005, 10:31 pm #5

Terry,
I have wanted a PPC9 for years now and just have never taken the shot at ordering one. How long did they tell you for a wait?

Doug
Doug

September 29th, 2005, 1:45 am #6

Thank you, I found the sight in Brownells. I am no nubie, I have been competing in PPC in Oregon continuously since 1977. Since that time I have worn out several guns. I just ordered one of the S&W PPC 9s to try out. Look forward to talking with you in the future.
I feel safe in saying that you will become ADDICTED to the PPC 9. I got the 6 inch model last year and it is by far the most impressive weapon I own. I like shooting it even though I am a die hard revolver guy. I've shot numerous types of rounds through mine. It doesn't dislike any ammo but it does best with Precision Delta 147 gr. match ammo. In a ransom rest, it will shoot one and one half inch groups at 50yds. In match 3, I can't shoot all 10's with it at 50 yds. They're normally half 10's and half 9's, but at least I know the gun will do it. The only bad thing is now I don't have any excuses. It's too bad Nationals were cancelled. I only live 90 miles from Jackson MS and the Chief had agreed to pay all expenses. I had it made.

Let me know how you like the new gun when it comes in.

LATER

Eric in Enola
Eric in Enola

October 6th, 2005, 1:07 pm #7

Can civilians buy the S&W PPC 9 now? How much does one cost? Thanks, Eric

Terry
Terry

October 22nd, 2005, 9:48 pm #8

Terry,
I have wanted a PPC9 for years now and just have never taken the shot at ordering one. How long did they tell you for a wait?
S&W told me that I would be put on a waiting list and it would be 6 months before a 5" or 6" ppc9 would be available for purchase. I believe they are only available to LE, as they ask me to fax them a picture of my LE credentials. I have heard from outside sources that some where made available to certain dealers.

doug
doug

October 26th, 2005, 3:03 am #9

Can civilians buy the S&W PPC 9 now? How much does one cost? Thanks, Eric
I'm not sure if non-law enforcement can buy one or not. But I know who does. Call Beth at the Smith & Wesson Performance center. She's a really nice lady and also very helpful.
I bought my PPC 9 for $1395 and it is worth every penny.

I assume you can get the 800 number on their website.

Good Luck!

November 15th, 2005, 11:56 am #10

Hi

If you look in the side of merkle custom in germany you will find a very good sight rib.

I have on on my PPC1500 Revolver and it's the best for me.

Kind Regards