PPC shooting

Brian
Brian

September 25th, 2003, 3:36 am #1

Hi all

I am considering joining the a local PPC team, but would like to know more about the format of the compitition as well as if any could offer any advice on pistols. I have an non accurized Colt Trooper .357 and a Colt Model 1911 - Government 1970 - that I am having fitted with a match grade barrel + compensator as well as a red dot 1X40 scope.

Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Brian
NYPD

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2003, 10:35 pm #2

Hi Brian

The python will work just like it is, but the comp and the scope on the 1911 is not allowed in PPC. Having a new match barrel put in the 1911 is fine tune the trigger to about 4.5 pounds no lighter or you may not be legal in some bigger competitions.

Greg

Pete Venturella
Pete Venturella

December 27th, 2004, 2:37 am #3

Hi all

I am considering joining the a local PPC team, but would like to know more about the format of the compitition as well as if any could offer any advice on pistols. I have an non accurized Colt Trooper .357 and a Colt Model 1911 - Government 1970 - that I am having fitted with a match grade barrel + compensator as well as a red dot 1X40 scope.

Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Brian
NYPD
Get in touch with Steve Albanese up at Rodmans Neck Range for PPC shooting by NYPD guys.