PPC loads

PPC loads

Greg
Greg

March 17th, 2002, 12:53 am #1

Ok guys what kind of loads are you using in your guns?
Bullet, powder, primer, case?

Greg

Ken
Ken

March 30th, 2002, 1:20 am #2

I use Star 148HBWC, over 2.7 bullseye. Seems to be the standard load when I started asking around. I haven't found that the make of the case matters, in fact I've mis-matched them and still get better than 10 ring accuracy at 50 yards.

Greg
Greg

March 31st, 2002, 8:48 pm #3

Hi Ken, That seems to be the standard load, I dont use it but it works good, my load is VV N320 with 148 precision bullet and I have found out that the cases really do matter I dont mix head stamps the group moves if I do.

Jack
Jack

May 26th, 2002, 7:07 am #4

Greg
Any good 148HBWC bullet. 2.9 of 231 or HP38 powder.
Seat bullet just below the mouth with lite to med. roll crimp.Try to use all same brass manufacture. Federal primers best bet.

June 11th, 2002, 8:03 pm #5

Greg
I'm using a local brand of 148 gr cast double-ended wadcutter. I seat the bullet out just a hair and use winchester small pistol primers. I use 3.2 grains of WW231 with mixed headstamps. Out of my six-inch 686, I get sub 1-inch groups (if I do my part).

charles nickolson
charles nickolson

June 25th, 2002, 2:51 pm #6

Hi Ken, That seems to be the standard load, I dont use it but it works good, my load is VV N320 with 148 precision bullet and I have found out that the cases really do matter I dont mix head stamps the group moves if I do.
in the late 70s there was a bullet co called precision ammo co. out of valley cottage n.y. they made 148 gr hbwc that were the best around. does any one knoe if this bullet is steel around? you can email me charles@nickolsons.com thanks

jerry
jerry

July 9th, 2002, 11:55 pm #7

Greg
for the 45 acp, hornady no.12308, 230 grain lead round nose, 5.2 grains of universal, r & p brass, wlp primers.

July 20th, 2002, 8:41 pm #8

Greg
Hi guys.
I've had good success with W231 at 3.0 with 148 gr.
Old bullseye load I use to go with.

Kevin
Kevin

October 1st, 2002, 12:24 am #9

Greg
I've had good luck with 3.2 of 231, Federal primers and a CP bullets BBWC. The only problem I've had with cases is the mil spec +P are thicker above the cannelure and the case gets a ring from the WC seating deeper. Just make sure that any cases with either a military headstamp like WCC91 or FCC87 is picked out before you load them up.

mike cearley
mike cearley

January 26th, 2003, 4:28 am #10

in the late 70s there was a bullet co called precision ammo co. out of valley cottage n.y. they made 148 gr hbwc that were the best around. does any one knoe if this bullet is steel around? you can email me charles@nickolsons.com thanks
the company is now Precision Delta bullets rulesville,ms you can get them on the net @ precision delta .com mike