PPC Gunsmith Needed In GA

August 31st, 2009, 3:02 am #1

Help! I'm spankin' new to PPC and I would like to have a PPC gun built by a gunsmith that specializes in it, possibly in Georgia since that's where I live (actually, it doesn't matter to me where this magical gunsmith dwells just as long as you guys say he does legit fair work). Can someone help me? Also, anyone in GA that can guide me in the world of PPC - I really need your help too! Thanks! Oh, BTW my gun is a S&W model 10 4" clunker -- hoping I can turn into a princess.

doug
doug

September 1st, 2009, 3:34 am #2

I've got two names for you. One in Mississippi, Robert "Bob" Jones who is probably the best and most respected one around. His guns have won the last 10 or 11 National Championships. He builds guns for 9 time national champion Phillip Hemphill. He also builds guns for the border patrol team, who are probably the best team in america right now. I dropped my phone in the lake and can't find Bob's card. If you can get the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in Pearl MS, Phillip or Dan can put you in touch with Bob. Bob will build you a gun whose function will be beyond reproach with your frame for $1,000.
The other gunsmith is from Louisiana, Jim Clark, of "Clark Custom Guns" in Shreveport LA. They build and work on guns for Jerry Miculek. If you provide him a frame he will build you a ppc gun for about $1100.

Both run respected shops and you will be pleased with either.

GOOD LUCK!!