PPC Gun

PPC Gun

Jim
Jim

October 16th, 2003, 12:22 pm #1

Do most guys buy used or have them custom made? If you have them custom made, by whom. I have been shooting for three years now with a stock 686 and I think its time to move up. I have been looking for a good used one, but have not run across one yet. Can you recommend a gunsmith that will custom make one for me, preferably with a webpage I can check out?

thanks

Bob
Bob

October 20th, 2003, 9:20 pm #2

I have not had much luck finding web pages on PPC guns.

I just had one made, though.

I bought a model 10 S&W, 2' barrel. From there I added what I wanted from Brownells. It cost me about 550-600 total.

Also, there was an ad on here for a PPC gun and holster.

My PERSONAL opinion, which if you add a dollar will get you coffee, is that I shy away from the .357 caliber. To me, it adds a bit of unnessecary space between the bullet and the cone. I stick with .38 caliber.

Good luck!

Paul Warner
Paul Warner

October 23rd, 2003, 4:11 am #3

Do most guys buy used or have them custom made? If you have them custom made, by whom. I have been shooting for three years now with a stock 686 and I think its time to move up. I have been looking for a good used one, but have not run across one yet. Can you recommend a gunsmith that will custom make one for me, preferably with a webpage I can check out?

thanks
Jim,

I have had great success with a Mod. 10 Smith built for me by George F. Long, out of Rogue River, OR. When I went looking to have a gun built - I went to the Top 100 Pistolsmiths list from American Handgunner magazine. You can research the list on-line. Several commented they did ppc conversions but after a lot of calls and questions, I narrowed it down to George Long.

He can be reached at 541 476-7552. I went with a 6" slab sided w/full underlug barrel, Aristocrat Tri-Set Rib, ball detent yoke lock, chambers chamfered and of course an action job. He reblued the entire weapon when completed.

It shoots beautifully - I am more than pleased with it and will probably have him build me another shortly.

Paul Warner

One other note - George is a great pistolsmith but you won't find a website for him - not even and email address - everything is confirmed via postal... Good Luck!

December 8th, 2003, 5:35 pm #4

thanks
I recommend Bruce at http://www.bcarmory.com . He built me a great gun at a fair price. If I could shoot as good as my gun is, I'd be great...

Pete Venturella
Pete Venturella

December 14th, 2004, 5:14 pm #5

http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/

I have attached a website for John Blauvelt a gunsmith and PPC competitior in New York State.

Gravity
Gravity

December 18th, 2004, 4:54 pm #6

thanks
Clark Custom also makes a nice PPC gun still.
Based on the Model 10.

DOUG
DOUG

January 3rd, 2005, 6:11 am #7

JIM CLARK DOES MAKE AN EXCELLENT PPC REVOLVER. AT NATIONALS THIS YEAR, CLARK HAD A BOX FULL OF BARRELS HE GOT FROM KEN EVERSULL. EVERSULL WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER AT BUILDING BULL BARREL REVOLVERS. I DON'T HAVE HIS NUMBER AT MY DESK NOW BUT IF YOU DIAL INFORMATION AND ASK FOR CLARK CUSTOM GUNS IN SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA YOU'LL HIT PAY DIRT.

T. Hines
T. Hines

March 6th, 2005, 3:08 am #8

thanks
IT IS A KILHOFFER BUILT .38 S&W. IT HAS RON POWERS LUG, RON POWERS BBL., AND A WICHITA ADJUSTIBLE 4-PIN SIGHT RIB. THE CYLINDER WAS SHAMFERED, HAS AN OPTIONAL HANG-N-BANG TRIGGER, BOBBED HAMMER, AND BEAUTIFUL TRIGGER JOB. ANYONE INTERESTED, CONTACT ME AT hines51703@yahoo.com