Pistols Now Legal In Ireland !!!

Pat Bell
Pat Bell

September 20th, 2004, 8:38 pm #1

Hi all,
It seems that Pistols have at long last been made legal again (removed in 1972) here in Ireland. The first few have been licenced in the past few weeks and I as a rifle / shotgun competition shooter already, I am very interested in getting one to increase the sports available to me.

I am thinking of a GLOCK 34 any comments?

Competitions etc have obviously not yet been organised, so I'm not sure of the rules or regulations but would this be a good competition semi.

Many Thanks in advance,
Pat Bell.

March 9th, 2005, 11:43 am #2

As someone how shoots competition in Ireland I would go with a revolver,

June 30th, 2005, 12:14 am #3

Hi all,
It seems that Pistols have at long last been made legal again (removed in 1972) here in Ireland. The first few have been licenced in the past few weeks and I as a rifle / shotgun competition shooter already, I am very interested in getting one to increase the sports available to me.

I am thinking of a GLOCK 34 any comments?

Competitions etc have obviously not yet been organised, so I'm not sure of the rules or regulations but would this be a good competition semi.

Many Thanks in advance,
Pat Bell.
Welcome back, I bought a glock 31 [357 sig] and fitted a Bar-Sto barrel, Dawson Precision sights and a Ghost rocket connector. It now shoots 3"groups at 50 yds. It wont compete at the same level as a match revolver but its accurate enough to be interesting and fun to shoot.