NPSC Format Update

February 19th, 2016, 2:33 pm #1

This is just an update on the NPSC in New Mexico. As you know the NRA competition committee reduced the amount of matches that were fired at the Nationals in 2015 with a phase out of the revolver. As of now all of the matches are preliminary back and will be fired. That means 2 1500, 2 stock service and 2 distinguished matches. The revolvers aren't going anywhere. A man who has been meeting with the committee has fought for this. He loves this sport and didn't want to see it changed. More importantly he wanted what the shooters want not the NRA. The shooters should always be the reason why the change is made. This man who has fought for this has been thought of as someone who doesn't care. Well he does. The committee had yet to vote on it but it should be passed with Marc Lipps endorsement.

February 19th, 2016, 9:14 pm #2

So Moose are you saying Marc Lipp is the one who has fought for this? JP

February 20th, 2016, 3:29 pm #3

This is just an update on the NPSC in New Mexico. As you know the NRA competition committee reduced the amount of matches that were fired at the Nationals in 2015 with a phase out of the revolver. As of now all of the matches are preliminary back and will be fired. That means 2 1500, 2 stock service and 2 distinguished matches. The revolvers aren't going anywhere. A man who has been meeting with the committee has fought for this. He loves this sport and didn't want to see it changed. More importantly he wanted what the shooters want not the NRA. The shooters should always be the reason why the change is made. This man who has fought for this has been thought of as someone who doesn't care. Well he does. The committee had yet to vote on it but it should be passed with Marc Lipps endorsement.
Curious minds need to know

February 22nd, 2016, 2:25 pm #4

As far as I know one of the people driving this is Mike Tangas, USBP. I am sure there are others. To even suggest that Lipp is responsible for anything other than an attempt to destroy PPC is laughable.

February 24th, 2016, 2:36 am #5

No JP. Its no secret that Rob Vadasz had an email chain out there with what he was trying to do. Rob has been able to get everything back to the nationals it just has to be approved by the committee. Keep your fingers crossed.

February 24th, 2016, 2:38 am #6

Yes Rob Vadasz and others who went to the committee to plead their case for the competitors.

February 24th, 2016, 6:02 am #7

Yes Vadasz , Tangas, Van Horn, Allen, and many others have worked hard for change and it has been heard, and hopefully change will come. JPE

April 5th, 2016, 5:15 am #8

The PPC shooters are being heard. Change is coming, slowly, nothing is final yet but I think it will be soon.

I believe we will have both revolver and auto 1500's and the Production Match will be rolled into the Stock Auto match, as it should have been from the beginning. The schedule of events for the NPSC will be at a quicker pace than it has been since moving to ABQ and those who have gotten into the habit of hanging back until well after 0800 should hopefully be surprised when the targets turn by 0805 Monday morning.

The delay in starting the Distinguished matches, as well as the Service and Off-duty matches, due to the inspection routine, will hopefully also be a thing of the past. We are trying to go to a 10% random drawing for inspections - immediately after the match has been fired. So, everyone needs to be sure their gun is up to par and capable of pulling the weights because you never know when your number will be called (except I expect mine will "randomly" be called at every stage). Again, this isn't yet final but I believe it will pass muster.

Once things are final I'll do my best to share the word with everyone. Until then, rest assured the powers that be at the NRA Headquarters have heard us.

Now for a little humor from the November LEAC Meeting. The look on the faces of a couple folks when they stepped off the elevator on the 6th floor and found Robert Vadasz and myself talking with LEAC Chairman Bill Allen in the foyer was absolutely priceless.

Unregistered Member
Unregistered Member

April 5th, 2016, 11:47 am #9

THANKS MIKE. YOU STEPPED UP AND GRABBED THE RAGING BULL BY THE HORNS , DRUG IT TO THE GROUND AND BOUND IT'S LEGS. EVERYONE I SPOKE TO ARE HAPPY AND APPRECIATE YOUR ACTIONS. I THINK YOU MAY HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF THE SHIP AWAY FROM THE ICEBERG. JP

April 6th, 2016, 11:46 am #10

The PPC shooters are being heard. Change is coming, slowly, nothing is final yet but I think it will be soon.

I believe we will have both revolver and auto 1500's and the Production Match will be rolled into the Stock Auto match, as it should have been from the beginning. The schedule of events for the NPSC will be at a quicker pace than it has been since moving to ABQ and those who have gotten into the habit of hanging back until well after 0800 should hopefully be surprised when the targets turn by 0805 Monday morning.

The delay in starting the Distinguished matches, as well as the Service and Off-duty matches, due to the inspection routine, will hopefully also be a thing of the past. We are trying to go to a 10% random drawing for inspections - immediately after the match has been fired. So, everyone needs to be sure their gun is up to par and capable of pulling the weights because you never know when your number will be called (except I expect mine will "randomly" be called at every stage). Again, this isn't yet final but I believe it will pass muster.

Once things are final I'll do my best to share the word with everyone. Until then, rest assured the powers that be at the NRA Headquarters have heard us.

Now for a little humor from the November LEAC Meeting. The look on the faces of a couple folks when they stepped off the elevator on the 6th floor and found Robert Vadasz and myself talking with LEAC Chairman Bill Allen in the foyer was absolutely priceless.
That is good news.